Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 08:13:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Legitimacy of the DMF. or Can we make this work?  (Read 11048 times)
Rev. Millertime

Professional Asshole and all around creepy guy.

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »

I'm not saying don't hound the hell out of em for what they did.

I just don't think we need 20 threads on how horrible the DML is, and 10 more with bragging on the damage done.

I too am put off by what happened, and once I can log back in... I'm going back to deleting.

I solve my problems like an adult, at the strip club drinking on a work night.
duc996

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2008, 10:07:23 PM »

Ok, I'm no angel. 
I've done my share of VS/DML bashing.
I posted things that got me banned.
I bragged about what I did.

Yes some of it was funny.
Yes, we needed to get the word out.

Now, with 1316 members as I type this, I feel we are becoming a legitimate Ducati Monster forum.

But how does it look when someone who has little to no knowledge of the pre VS/DML, when they come in here and see 20 threads devoted to bashing the DML, especially if they are coming here to learn about the Monster or get help with their bike.

If I were new to this GREAT COMMUNITY, I'd probably wonder how legitimate of an Owners Forum it was if all I read was bashing of another forum.

I am not happy with where the DML went, and I know many of you agree.  If we want this to become as great of a community as the DML once was, we need to get back to the basics.  We need to go back to talking about our bikes, helping each other with technical issues, selling/giving each other parts to get our bikes back on the road, posting ride pics with outstanding write-ups, and once in a while... giving each other a tough time.

I know our actions of late have bothered our "Flounders" (still find that funny), after all they put together for us to create a great forum... Shouldn't we show them that their efforts were not in vain, by creating yet another legendary Monster Owners Forum?

I think it's time we stop posting "Trash talking" threads and annoying the members that are happy there.  You know as well as I do, that with the wealth of knowledge we have assembled here, eventually they will come here out of necessity.  Would you want to feel alienated at a site before you ever got there?

I know there have been other threads similar to this one, but I felt I needed to say this for myself.

We're all adults here, or at least should be, lets act like it (except for NMC... that's the playground).

Ok, I think I've made as little sense as I could.  I'd just like to end this by saying thanks to: Statler, Duck-Stew, Mitt, Speeddog, Drunken Monkey, biglain and ducpainter... and anyone else who helped bring this site to be.   You guys have created a wonderful thing, and I hope I can help make this into the community that you envisioned.  chug

Thanks,
Wade
(Rev. Millertime)

My apologies if some of this comes off as gibberish... it's late and I should be in bed!
+1,let's all move on and grow larger than ever!!!! chug

"All we ask is to be let alone"
       "Monster S4r"
       "KTM SMC 690"
BozcoRob

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2008, 08:05:45 AM »

I am sure this will work - great people, and the community "thing" will only make this place bigger and better.

As far as TOB - I made my "farewell and thanks" post there - saved my PM's and I will NEVER be back there again.

Onward and upward waytogo

Desmosedici - it's the new Paso (except the bodywork doesn't fit as well)
Centerline

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2008, 09:07:45 AM »

Okay, help me out here...what is VS ?

05 KTM 950 Adventure
07 Husqvarna TE 450
09 HD Fat Bob
09 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
mitt
Flounder-Administrator

2003 M1000s

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2008, 09:36:30 AM »

Okay, help me out here...what is VS ?

VS = Vertical Scope, the company that bought the DML and rolled out the new DML.

mitt

Centerline

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2008, 07:38:29 PM »

Ten Q

05 KTM 950 Adventure
07 Husqvarna TE 450
09 HD Fat Bob
09 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2008, 06:27:46 AM »

1450 Members!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
kutter

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2008, 07:06:57 AM »

I was over at ToB and I was going to go and see if there were any threads that I no longer wanted my input to be in but I can't seem to figure out how to delete a post or a thread that I started. Anyone able to provide a little help there?

All my best ideas get me into trouble.

I am reminded of the immortal words of Socrates when he said, 'I drank what?!'

Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything..... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
erik822

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2008, 07:58:01 AM »

I for one, would appreciate it if people left their comments on the other board. It seems pointless to sabotage the information over there. That's the whole reason the forum existed in the first place. I agree that VS screwed up a good thing. I understand the frustration everyone has with TOB, but I think it's honestly in all our best interests to leave the information that's out there, out there.

Here's how I feel about:

Feel free to hate the library. But please don't burn all the books in it.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 07:59:45 AM by erik822 » Logged

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2008, 08:31:33 AM »

I'm for moving my contributed information here. Hence my latest post in GMC just now.

Also, I'd like to be an "Adamantium Member", when those options roll out.

Ddan
Some of my best friends are whores

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2008, 01:36:50 AM »

I for one, would appreciate it if people left their comments on the other board. It seems pointless to sabotage the information over there. That's the whole reason the forum existed in the first place. I agree that VS screwed up a good thing. I understand the frustration everyone has with TOB, but I think it's honestly in all our best interests to leave the information that's out there, out there.

Here's how I feel about:

Feel free to hate the library. But please don't burn all the books in it.

Your analogy doesn't work.  It's not a library full of books, it's a big assembly of notes, anecdotes and info put together in one place.  Now, someone bought the building and wants to not only make money on the stuff that was collected, but charge the people who put it together admission.   I don't think anyone is saying burn the books, just put them back where anyone can read them, for free.

2000 Monster 900Sie, a few changes
1992 900 SS, currently a pile of parts.  Now running
                    flogged successfully  NHMS  12 customized.  Twice.   T3 too. 
Ducati Monster Forum at
www.ducatimonsterforum.org
bigiain
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2008, 02:03:54 AM »

Also, I'd like to be an "Adamantium Member", when those options roll out.

Sorry, but I _think_ Adam And The Ants broke up in the early 80's... I'll let you know if I hear about a reunion tour that you could audition for...

laughingdp

big

kutter

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2008, 02:09:06 AM »

Yeah but Adam Ant still has a back up band, I think he has a full time gig in VEGAS BABY!

Actually I have no idea if he does or doesn't I just thought it sounded good.

All my best ideas get me into trouble.

I am reminded of the immortal words of Socrates when he said, 'I drank what?!'

Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything..... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
bigiain
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2008, 02:23:29 AM »

Yeah but Adam Ant still has a back up band, I think he has a full time gig in VEGAS BABY!

Actually I have no idea if he does or doesn't

Of course you don't, 'cause if it happened in Vegas...

big

erik822

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2008, 01:59:29 PM »

Your analogy doesn't work.  It's not a library full of books, it's a big assembly of notes, anecdotes and info put together in one place.  Now, someone bought the building and wants to not only make money on the stuff that was collected, but charge the people who put it together admission.   I don't think anyone is saying burn the books, just put them back where anyone can read them, for free.

Actually Kutter said, "I was over at ToB and I was going to go and see if there were any threads that I no longer wanted my input to be in but I can't seem to figure out how to delete a post or a thread that I started. Anyone able to provide a little help there?"

That implies removing the information posted, doesn't it? If you delete a thread you started, it deletes the replies too.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: