Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 11:08:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 695 Warranty Issues and Engine Discoloration in Oz  (Read 3022 times)
Cerberus53

« on: May 13, 2008, 03:20:44 AM »

I know this general topic has been discussed at length elsewhere in the past, but I am about to go back to my local dealer with a 695 (five months and 7200 kms under the wheels) with brown discolouration/gunk on the heads (particularly bad on the lower/front cylinder) and what looks like an unrelated oil/grease leak coming from under the lower belt cover.  From the experience of those in the US, this (the discolouration) is something Ducati North America has accepted is something to be fixed under warranty. Haven't heard of anyone in Oz successfully getting their Oz dealer and/or NFI to do the right thing. Has anyone else?  Any suggestions on how to keep the bastards honest?

Super T.I.B
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 03:30:23 AM »

All I can say is good luck and don't back down. 5 months for that to happen is not good. Especially with the oil leak under your belt covers.

All the best. waytogo
mattyvas

I've become an old man on an old man's bike

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 05:51:06 AM »

I do seem to remember someone here may have even been Lil in her day who had success with the problem.
Not sure how long back it was but it was in the last year. You could go back and have a troll through the DML.

Big could also help, not sure how much he helped Lil if it was her bike that was having the problem.

Good luck with it though, hope you win the battle.

cheers
Matty...

Super T.I.B
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 01:23:36 PM »

I do seem to remember someone here may have even been Lil in her day who had success with the problem.
Not sure how long back it was but it was in the last year. You could go back and have a troll through the DML.

Big could also help, not sure how much he helped Lil if it was her bike that was having the problem.

Good luck with it though, hope you win the battle.

cheers
Matty...

Yeah, it was Lil's bike and I don't think she won.  Undecided
goldFiSh

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 02:56:48 PM »

My recollection is that all all got a bit hard, so yeah, expect a fight...

On the other hand Ducati North America seem to (at least in some cases) honoured warranty for the issue.

I'm not sure how it works in the moto industry, but when I was in electronics wholesale, usually the importer was the one to cover warranty obligations - if it was a "recall" the factory may assist, but I'm not sure what happens here. If the situation is similar, this could explain why in some countries people have had success claiming warranty...
mattyvas

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 03:12:53 PM »

I stand corrected then, I was just trying to give some hope.

mattyvas

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 03:18:10 PM »

Just another thought, maybe you could start your case back at the factory in Italy.
Use the cases in the States to back you up and see if you can get them (the factory) to direct NFI to fix the problem.

Who knows what response you might get from the lovely Italian's who make the bikes we love.

cheers
Matty...

Zee

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 03:58:53 PM »

The bike was sitting in my garage when it was sold, and the happy new owner took it away. It still had the engine gunk...

Z...

What could possibly go wrong?
Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 04:04:04 PM »

I seem to recall that Lil was turned away because of aftermarket lady bugs (or exhausts) which were claimed to have made all warranty claims null and void.

Not that it had anything to do with the problem, but if it can't be used as their first 'out' it might help to get things fixed.

Believe post content at your own risk.
Cerberus53

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 06:45:38 PM »

Thanks everyone for all the useful pointers. 

I dropped the bike off at the dealers this morning.  They agreed that the discolouration was not 'normal' and said they would be taking the issue up with NFI.  I pointed out that 695 owners in the US were having the problem dealt with under warranty and said - nicely - that I was expecting NFI to do the same.  We'll see...

Sounds like it might be worth contacting Ducati Italy in the meantime.

I'm off travelling for work for the next fortnight, so NFI have two weeks to come up with some line or other.  I'll keep you posted.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: