Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 09:04:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you don't like the weather....  (Read 1273 times)
Smokescreen

« on: January 23, 2009, 07:49:59 PM »

In Colorado there's a saying...  If you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes....

Most days we just gt sunny and mellow, but today was a weather day.  Rode down to my house to work on it this morning and the temp was in the 30s but the sun was shining in a cloudfree (mostly) sky.  Come afternoon, the storm clouds began assaulting the peak, so I headed to my sister's house in what felt like freezing weather.  All the while the clouds were marching in.  While chatting with her, snow began falling, so after aquiring a JEEP (I need to permanently aquire a JEEP) I stuck around to watch a movie and then once the sun was down, drove home with the Duc happily in the garage at my sister's house.  The drive home was cold, but naturally the snow seemed to have disappeared while i was inside.  The roads were totally clear, i obviously coulda froze my arse off on my bike and been just fine.

I.....  Love.....  Colorado!!! 

But I definitely need to get a JEEP again soon.  I shouldn't-a-left mine in Cali.  It's not at home there

Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary. 

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
Smokescreen

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 06:32:01 PM »

okay, the Ducati isn't liking the weather very much at all lately. 

Need JEEP

Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary. 

monsterbrew

Yeller S2R w/ a CF addiction

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 07:25:00 AM »

CO weather would be like living in Hawaii compared to my new residence, and I'd give my left teste to get that weather here!!!!   Oh BTW here today's forcast for where I now live in ME!!!

Point Forecast: 3 Miles WSW Belgrade ME
 44.45°N 69.91°W

Hazardous Weather Outlook
Winter Storm Warning

Today: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 22. East wind between 5 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 17. North wind between 11 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.

OH FREAKIN JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!  bang head  Cause we sure need more damn snow on top of the 2 feet thats already laying around out there!  There's something wrong when you gotta strap on snowshoes inorder to walk around your yard to fill up the bird feeders!!!!

brew   drink

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver. Deep Thought, Jack Handy
Smokescreen

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 09:23:58 AM »

your mention of snow shoes makes me a little sad....  Mine are in my entryway closet with a set of skis that have only been used once.... As I can't seem to find anyone with a car here in CSPGS who actually goes out to play in the snow...  What is with these people?!

FYI, if anyone here is planning on going skiing/snowboarding and has an extra seat available, please lemme know!!  I really want to get in some snow play before the season's over, but Blue (my bike) isn't real keen on snowplay, and neither are her SportMax GP tyres...  They've ony warmed up once enough to limit sliding since I moved here....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: