Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 02:55:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Multistrada Re-construct -- DONE  (Read 75587 times)
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2009, 09:33:43 PM »

Love it.

Consider having the exhaust coated?

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2009, 10:22:23 PM »

THAT IS SOOOOOOOOO FREAKING COOL!  waytogo waytogo waytogo bow down bow down waytogo Love it! All that trellis looks awesome and the headlight is tits!  waytogo waytogo

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
psycledelic

« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2009, 04:36:52 AM »

Cool as hell.  I love the way it exposes the entire trellis.  Excellent work!

06 S2R800 - the wife                         Dolph
04 999s - the mistress
Triple J
« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2009, 07:21:20 AM »

Love it.

Consider having the exhaust coated?

I thought about it, but with the can being stainless as well I don't know where I'd stop the coating (I was thinking flat black). Usually with a standard can it's a no brainer, as you just stop where the can attaches to the headers. I was afraid the line where the coating stopped would look weird, and I don't think having the can coated would look good. So, I left it and will just let it slowly turn gold from the heat which sould look cool.
Triple J
« Reply #139 on: May 17, 2009, 07:24:07 AM »

Where can you buy that decal?

It's a small aluminum plate that has to be pop-riveted on. You can get them at bevelheaven.com
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2009, 07:26:36 AM »

It's a small aluminum plate that has to be pop-riveted on. You can get them at bevelheaven.com

Yep. Its a seat badge off a much older style Ducati

hydra

life is analog...

« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2009, 08:30:50 AM »

applause applause applause

looks sweeeet  waytogo

S4 Foggy- tires, battery...
'04 BMW Boxer Cup Replika (R1100S)
BE WATER
Raux
« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2009, 09:29:24 AM »

INCREDIBLE bike

have you thought about making a pillion handle that connect the two tubes coming up in the back. might complete the look there a bit and since you have passenger pegs, be functional?
Monstro

« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2009, 04:28:17 PM »

Very nice work!  applause
You now have a very unique bike!  Cool

The rear end looks awesome!

But I am not so sure about the headlight. I still think that the Yamaha MT3 headlight will go smoother with the flow of the tank.
Or another idea would be allign the top light to the tank height, and stick the lower light in between the forks. But that's probably not possible, or too much work.

Just ideas to make your ride even more cooler waytogo

Triple J
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2009, 04:54:36 PM »

INCREDIBLE bike

have you thought about making a pillion handle that connect the two tubes coming up in the back. might complete the look there a bit and since you have passenger pegs, be functional?

Nah. I may add a ventura pack frame so I don't always have to wear a backpack, but that'll be it.
hcomp
All this time I wondered what it was like to have a

Nothing to see here

« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2009, 02:58:23 AM »

A true rebuild.... That is awesome and you are a true inspiration to folks who would take a perfectly good working machine and turn it into perfectly working piece of art.... bacon bow down

にもかかわらず、私の車は本当に速いドライブ、私は女性の生殖器のようなバイクに乗る
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2009, 04:51:34 AM »

incredible bike!
every time i see someones re-built multistrada, i like them a little more.
its a nice reminder that there is a great motorcycle hiding under that fugly fairing.

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
hydra

life is analog...

« Reply #147 on: May 18, 2009, 07:00:19 AM »

tripleJ,

maybe i missed it but you haven't really talked about what you did regarding tuning.
you mentioned "powercard"? did you install a power commander or something when you had the remus system?
are you using the original ECU?
how's that new exhaust compared to the remus in terms of performance?
could you tell us what the total cost was? no worries if you don't want to tell...

great job man, that bike is really unique and you must be very proud considering that you did all the work yourself  chug

S4 Foggy- tires, battery...
'04 BMW Boxer Cup Replika (R1100S)
BE WATER
causeofkaos

« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2009, 07:28:29 AM »

i tell you what when i think "streetfighter" your bike pretty much is the look i associate to the the term well done!

Favorite convo i read on this board
"PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN"
"F**K U IT HAPPENED"

Suzuki Blvd M109R " Sliver " = assassinated by cager
PW 696 " Pearl " = traded in
M1100 " Loki " = Viking God of mischief ( Goddess in this case )
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty pristine body, but rather to come in sliding sideways all used up screaming F*CK YEAH WHAT A RDIE!!
Triple J
« Reply #149 on: May 18, 2009, 07:35:21 AM »

tripleJ,

maybe i missed it but you haven't really talked about what you did regarding tuning.
you mentioned "powercard"? did you install a power commander or something when you had the remus system?
are you using the original ECU?
how's that new exhaust compared to the remus in terms of performance?
could you tell us what the total cost was? no worries if you don't want to tell...

great job man, that bike is really unique and you must be very proud considering that you did all the work yourself  chug

The bike had Termi slip-ons and the DP race ecu when I purchased it. I then replaced the Termis with a Remus full system, and added a Powercard. A Powercard is like a power commander light...it just adds fuels at different load settings. Desmotimes sells them. I'm still using that...I just dialed in a bit more gas with the pod filters and new exhaust. Seems to be running about the same as before, but I haven't had it dyno'ed. If I go to the Beast intake system over the winter I'll add a Power Commander and have it mapped proper.

Total cost was in the range of $4K I think. A large part of that was the tank glasswork and paint. The project could be done quite a bit cheaper if the person had the bodywork skills needed.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: