Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 02:44:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear Set modication and recommendations - S4R 2007  (Read 3462 times)
BretMorris

« on: May 13, 2008, 02:25:44 PM »

Hi all,

Well I am now looking at some more modification options for my S4R 2007 and have been looking at a lot of posts that talk about doing the rear sets.

From my style of riding, which is weekend touring, I am not looking for track performance but more about adjustability and of course aesthetics.  It is apparant once one starts looking at the various options of SATO versus Rizoma versus DP that this isnt a cheap "bling" accessory so needs to also have form and function.  There are also some cheaper, lesser know brands (from my stand point) that come on ebay from time to time.

So is the upgrade really worth it given it will be well and truly a $600+ decision in Australia.. and maybe even more depending on the brand. 

Recommendations, comments and advice always great appreciated.

Bret

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 03:24:09 PM »

Once upon a time there was the CycleCat rearsets which were highly adjustable, but they are now gone.

Chris at the German site DesmoWorld has some nice Italian sets, which has some adjustability, also downwards. http://www.desmorados.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=337_367_478&products_id=1916<br>
 I've had no success asking him how they adjust compared to stock.

As I usually do I also suggest the MFW-Wolf Vario System, which are cheap and highly adjustable, but with no bling effect.
http://www.mfw-wolf.de/en/rasten_vario.php?marke=10&markenname=Ducati
Jeff at MonsterParts have them.

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
LUKE

07 S4RT Green Bay, WI

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 03:49:40 PM »

Satos only adjust up and back.  Great for performance, bad for tall guys putting on miles.  I installed Rizomas a few weeks back and I have been very pleased.  They look great in person, made for considerably more legroom, and also move the levers with the pegs so the action stays true.  CycleCats look REALLY sexy but now I'm glad the way things turned out.

rubinj21

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 04:18:29 PM »

I cant speak of the Satos on a monster, but on my RC51 they are a work of art. Fit and function almost perfect, and its impossible to slip off those pegs.
LA

The Sleek Black Beauty

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 05:46:18 AM »

I find the stock pegs and controls very comfortable and they don't drag even at insane lean angles. A waste of $$$ IMHO.

One reason I moved up to the RS was how complete it is as delivered. Not into bling. Into fast. Grin

LA

"I'm leaving this one totally stock" - Full Termi kit, Ohlins damper, Pazzo levers, lane splitters, 520 quick change 14/43 gears, DP gold press plate w/open cover, Ductile iron rotors w/cp211 pads.

R90S (hot rod), 80-900SS, Norton 850 MkIII, S4RS
thruxton

2007 S4Rs

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 07:43:54 AM »

i'm with LA on this one. too expensive for nothing...

even esthetically, the stock drab grey flows in with the engine and it looks good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: