Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 01:52:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S2R headers and udder - Removing/Reinstalling  (Read 2493 times)
Airborne
Crash n' Burn

Monster S2R 800 - ALL BLACK

« on: May 13, 2008, 05:15:36 PM »

I want to pull my udder off to paint it with hight temp paint. Long story short, I used some aluminum cleaner on the swing arm and it didn't agree with the coating on the udder, so now it literally looks like a cow. This would normally piss me off but now it gives me an excuse to paint it like I've always been tempted to, besides full system soon anyway.

The s2r workshop manual calls for new exhaust seals to be fitted after I remove it. I was wondering if it was really necessary as I'm going to go with a full system soon anyway?  I have no idea how much the seals cost or if the dealer even has them in stock so I'm tempted not to bother. I was thinking they might be some type of crush seal (could be reading into it too much). That has prevented me from just going for it, pulling it off and exploring.

Anyone have any advice?

2007 Monster S2R, Vespa GTS 300, Vino 125
clubhousemotorsports

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 05:27:14 PM »

If you have the cone seals they are junk.... sorry. Those seals are the cause of mot exhaust leaks on ducatis . I have seen people double and triple them up trying to get them to seal.
Oh well, now I have that out of my system. I would advise you to lube the pipe flanges well on reassembly, the lube helps to allow the gasket to slide into place.

don't expect a perfect seal most of these leak from the factory. get it sealed so that there is as little leakage as possible and no backfiring on decel.
good luck
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: