Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 06:53:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Termi-worth the money?  (Read 6803 times)
Joe

« on: May 14, 2008, 04:01:21 AM »

I have an '07 S4Rs and I'm ready to do the exhaust.
Is the Termi system worth the dough?
Or, can you get the same results from another setup while saving some cash for other upgrades?
 Undecided

Joe
mcgalinmd

Where's that Ketchup? Tailight is waiting!

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 04:33:21 AM »

I have an 04 S4R and I sold my expensive Tag Heuer watch to get the upgraded exhaust.  Just the horsepower increase and the weight savings alone were worth every penny.  It's wicked expensive, but worth it.  There are other exhaust systems (arrow, mivv) so you are not stuck with the termi's if you are looking to save a buck or two.  Often you can find a full system when someone is going to sell their bike and they are putting it back to stock.  Keep an eye out here!

Can you imagine a world without a Ducati???  I think it's called Hell. Smiley
roy-nexus-6

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 04:52:39 AM »

Or, can you get the same results from another setup while saving some cash for other upgrades?
 Undecided

Holy cow - I just started a thread, asking for people to review their exhausts.... you must have posted this while I was typing.  Embarrassed

Ek, embarrassing for me  Tongue

BretMorris

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 04:56:45 AM »

I too have been tossing up what to do with my exhaust... termi slip ons versus others.... mmmm

I have looked at too many on the web and got confused.. lol.

I am almost to the point of going to the only Ducati dealer in town tomorrow and ordering the termi slip ons, open airbox and ECU.  I know that is only half the story and that the full system is the way to go but at another $1500+ for the full system I will go slip on now.  Can always do the header pipes later if I want.  I am after look and sound with some performance increase.

Cheers

Bret
DucHead

No garage queens

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 05:35:33 AM »

I don't think its worth the money.  My (and others) S-pipes came crooked from the factory.  There are loads of other choices now, look elsewhere.

Ah, you have the S4RS...I haven't heard of problems with the Termi kit for this bike.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 05:58:39 AM by pompetta » Logged

'05 S4R (>47k mi); '04 Bandit 1200 (>92k mi; sold); '02 Bandit 1200 (>11k mi); '97 Bandit 1200 (2k mi); '13 FJR1300 (1k mi); IBA #28454 "45"
Big Troubled Bear
The wrong side of normal

98 m900 sold, Red 696

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 06:04:42 AM »

I would get the termi`s if I had the money waytogo

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
hypurone
Something Wicked This Way Comes!

Life is not AROUND the corner, Life IS the corner!

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 07:11:33 AM »

Worth every dollar!!  waytogo It can be a bit tricky to get the cans to line up properly. But with a little patience it'll turn out suhweet!

It will totally transform the bike. The open airbox lid is not for everyone so don't get rid of your stocker until you have had ample ride time on the open setup to determine if you like it or not. I love it personally.  Evil (And I don't use earplugs, that would be sacrilege to drown out that intoxicating sound)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 08:55:40 AM by hypurone » Logged

'07 S4RS "Testatretta" (In the FASTER color)
I'm not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example!
c_rex

Quick! Into the transmogrifier!

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 07:51:37 AM »

I would wait for the MotoCreations Boom Tubes to become available.  At least that's what I'm doing.  Smiley

"It ain't cool being no jive turkey this close to Thanksgiving."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGkHHsoKRP8&eurl=http://www.usa-taekwondo.us/
spinned

time to ride!

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 08:55:48 AM »

Unfortunately my Termi's had such serious fitment issues that I tossed them and bought the Sparks exhaust.  The Termi warrantee will allow for tweaking and maybe even replacement of poor parts, but getting them replaced with poor parts is aggravating.  I finally gave up with the hassle and alignment problems.  It was an expensive lesson for me.

The upgraded ECU is what you really need, then go buy the pipes that best fit your interests.  See if you can buy the ECU separately.

uclabiker06

"The time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted"

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 09:04:15 AM »

You don't have to get Termi's.  I have a pair of Zards on my S2R and I have heard only good things about them in relation to the S4R.  They should be a tad cheaper than the Termis and believe me there is no noticeable difference in the sound.

Life is never ours to keep, we borrow it and then we have to give it back.
2006 S2R
2009 Smart
BretMorris

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 09:26:29 AM »

I think I will go and see the local Ducati guys... talk to them about the fitment issue as it will be their problem!!! I wont be doing the fitment.  They had two sets in yesterday for customers so I will talk to the mechanic.  Living in Adelaide, South Australia where there is only one dealer is a little restrictive...mmm..  I do like the look of the termis.. mmmm

Too many options, not enough time to ride and with winter coming...grrrr

Bret
m1moto

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 01:15:11 PM »

I experienced the same fitment issues as Spinned with my Termis.
I feel that when you fork over that kind of money it better fit without
the need to fabricate brackets and drill new holes ect.

My dealer was awesome and gave me a full refund and I fitted a full Arrows system
in less than 45 minutes.

2006 S2R1K  |  Red + White  |  Full Carbon Arrows
http://freshbrand.com/
BretMorris

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 06:46:29 PM »

After way too much deliberation and penny pinching I have just done the deal... went full termi system with ECU and Airbox.... hey you only live once.  Spoke to them about fitment and finish etc.  They are doing all the work, guaranteed and warranty.....so just cant wait to get them fitted and go for a ride.  Thank goodness the stockmarket was good to me yesterday and I made some money..lol...  Yesterdays profits todays Termis.... 

Also looked at a Desmosedici RR...$100K.... WOW.. what a bike..

I need the stock market to have a couple of really really good days before I buy a Desmosedici RR...mmm

Bret
Augustus

2007 S2R 1000

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 07:19:57 PM »

Yes it's worth it.  I have a a 2007 S2R 1000 and it runs and sounds great with the Termi's.
thruxton

2007 S4Rs

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 08:25:36 PM »

Undecided

perhaps pipes are pipes, but the DP ecu is worth every penny if you care about engine performance up to 5000 rpm and 40% tps.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: