Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 01, 2024, 06:11:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Show & Swap  (Read 1284 times)
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« on: February 16, 2009, 10:52:03 AM »

Went to the Phil Long Center for the Super Show & Swap meet on Sun., was rather disappointed with Pikes Peak Motorsports effort to promote BMW/Ducati. a Sport Classic and a Hypermotard??  That's all, Oh , and a BMW GS.  No Monster, No Superbikes, not even a Sport Touring model !!. I didn't count the Hardly Dangerous models there,although I'm sure there were more than a dozen easy. Even Fremont Motorsports little shop out of Florence, Colo.,had a better sales strategy, I,m curious about the reasoning, or motivation here, maybe BMW and Ducati are selling so good they need no promotion,...really??

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 02:40:50 PM »

If the shop would like to sponsor me, I will gladly take over the PR for these events.  I would at least show up on my Monster and related Ducati gear.  Smitch, kick me in the astronaut if I am encroaching on your territory,  I wouldn't want to do that.   Grin

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 04:46:36 PM »

Went to the Phil Long Center for the Super Show & Swap meet on Sun., was rather disappointed with Pikes Peak Motorsports effort to promote BMW/Ducati. a Sport Classic and a Hypermotard??  That's all, Oh , and a BMW GS.  No Monster, No Superbikes, not even a Sport Touring model !!. I didn't count the Hardly Dangerous models there,although I'm sure there were more than a dozen easy. Even Fremont Motorsports little shop out of Florence, Colo.,had a better sales strategy, I,m curious about the reasoning, or motivation here, maybe BMW and Ducati are selling so good they need no promotion,...really??

Dang KRJ, you are a tough man to please!  Well, I'm half to blame as Kirk and I put our heads together and decided what bikes to bring.  Based on my experience at the show last year, the Superbikes didn't generate much interest.  That show is so geared toward classics/cruisers.  By and large it's not a superbike crowd.  So we thought the Sportclassic fit in best.  Hypermotard generated lots more interest though, which was interesting. For the record, there was a used Monster, as well as an F650GS and a CBR (wanted to show people we'll deal in other brands of sportbikes too). Kirk wanted to have more used stuff on display than I would have, but he's the boss!  We only had so much room. We wanted the booth to be open and inviting so people would walk through and check stuff out.  Admittedly, we don't have marketing degrees.  Sorry to let you down, man. Sad

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 04:49:17 PM by Smitch » Logged
Smokescreen

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 09:19:51 AM »

mind you this is just an outsiders view, but I daresay the monster appeals to almost every group...  I remember a few years ago I was up in Woodland Park for my sister's wedding, and it happened to be on a day when there was a HUGE POW ride (I think)...  Anyhow, mostly cruisers, but I noticed whilst heading down the pass, a group had a girl on a monster dark, with pink skulls (small), one on each tank badge location, and one on the tail cover.  She was wearing cruiser gear, and obviously not a sport rider, but.....  SEXAY!!!!  Anyhow.....  It's not really a categorical bike is it.  It is sporting if it's owner wants it to be, it's a cruiser if its owner wants it to be...  It's a cafe racer if it's owner wants it to be...  It's ugly as sin if its owner buys one of these new ones (Har har!!  had to get that in there)

Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary. 

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 03:38:02 PM »

Hey Smitch,
                    sorry for the delayed response,and you didn't let Me down, I just feel that to get as much public exposure as possible with a product for sale is a common practice.The annual Show and Swap is open to all forms of motorized creations, and yes there are a lot of the "cruiser" crowd, But there also is a large sportbike following too. By not being there in full you can't spark the interest of the rider looking for something else, something new, possibly create more in sportbike riders who appreciate fine machines, thus creating sales and securing the future of Our favored Ducati rides. I have a lot of riders ask Me"who makes that", unaware that Ducati is a company in of itself, who really like the bike and might have bought one had They known Ducati bikes. anyway nuff sed.

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: