Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 08:09:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2217ks in 24hrs, on my 944  (Read 3037 times)
auntymal

« on: February 20, 2009, 02:04:18 PM »

Roll Eyes Was down in the bushfire region, thankfully not right in it, pretty miserable down there. My mate Tex had bagged (encouraged) me about having a go at a serious 24hr mark, so, mindfull of the fires, which caused lots of smoke haze and acrid stench to match, I set off, to try and "shake the mood". Genoa, where I had been attending the annual journos (conference) PISS UP! Cann River, Bombala, Cooma, Canberra, Sutton, Gunning, Young, Grenfell, West Wyalong, Lake Cargellico, Condoblin, Dubbo, Wellington, Orange, Bathurst, Lithgow, Katoomba, Penrith, Hornsby, Taree, Wyong, Newcastle, Broadmeadow. Knocked my old mate's 'Busa's mark off by the best part of 200k, only to realise he 'set me up' to do it by telling me a higher figure just to make me do the time!! The hardest bit was Dubbo on, in the dark, then torrential rain until dawn, melted wets, a deflating front that almost caught me out!...fixed with a tyre-weld product that got me across the line in the last 25 minutes, was out of options anyway....and the fact that, being partly disabled (previous prangs) I'm VERY slow getting on and off and have to do so on the 'wrong side' of the bike! The yanks (I.B.A.) and our local "Far-Riders" have invited me to submit my documentation for their certification process etc, but here's the thing, they can't believe I "chose" to do 2 mountain ranges, one at night in pissing rain etc, coz they generally do the hyper-bike thing in the big wide open spaces etc. I told 'em it was a "Ducati thing", not that I just plain never even thought of that other approach!! So 2217 ks on a 12yo ST2 with 145,000k on it, in 24hrs. I AM Buggered!!!........ May I suggest that fellow riders consider donating, say ? $22.17c to the Red Cross Bush Fire Appeal?? or $2.21...or something?? 1800-811-700 (not compulsory, just an idea)  Kind regards, Ride safe, Aunty Mal

...when injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty...
brimo

酒後吐真言

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 02:10:00 PM »

Well done, not bad for an amateur!  Wink

"The make the beast with two backsin monkey started it..."

From a story by RAT900
http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=54722.msg1015917#msg1015917
748s

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 02:56:20 PM »

Shocked
Amazing ride.
bazz20
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 11:26:36 PM »

well done aunty thats one hell of a ride , as for donationweve done that and also got some old farm houses kitted out for some of the fire victims too live in to they have got somthing to go back too cheers bazz
mostro900

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 02:07:58 PM »

Aunty,
Great ride! Well done!  applause  Apart from adrenalin - how the F*&^ did you stay awake ? That would be my biggest concern - staying awake and concentrated...

03 M900
04 ET125
08 Sherpa

'when in doubt apply throttle' - it may not save you, but it will end the suspense
auntymal

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 10:18:42 PM »

...was well rested when I started, and just kept "stretching" the minutes as they ticked past, honestly its almost a week later, and I'm still "stuffed". Well done all those who did cool stuff for the bush fire victime, I know they've had a ton of support, but I've speant a lot of time in that Healesville, King Lake area and its now like the surface of the moon...used to be covered in farmlets and BBs, now...devastation, wait 'till the supers are over and we get the reactions of the riders seeing what we've only now, heard about etc. Generally speaking I support the Moorong Spinal Unit by doing the Thunder Rally every year, but there was no reason why we couldn't "spread the love" as it were.....Also the people down there are sort of "in shock" even if they are 100k away from the "epicentre" etc....horrible..... (don't know whether I actually managed to 'shake the mood'). Ride safe one and all, and ta for the friendly comments etc, I should publish a list from my cronies who really gave it to me for "being soft" etc, a good laugh though! m waytogo

monstermick58

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 12:54:12 AM »

Good onya me old mate Aunty, just got one question though.

Was it yourself

Mmick

This won't hurt much.... Trust me......
auntymal

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 01:43:14 AM »

Grin...it waaass Moikle, its was, it was, an all, an all, meself it was, so much so it was probably BOTH of me!! to be sure, to be sure, psst...er..is it yaself??, aye, its both of me it is, an all............. :oaunty

dragonworld.
I can make like a tripod with my.....

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 12:48:30 PM »

Great Job!!  Grin

Booked in for the ARSE transplant yet ??  [moto]  bow down  applause

The bad one we used to do was doing the Nullabor  before it was paved (God I hate bulldust and roadtrains  Wink )

At least we stopped for a rest though, we were soft cocks hey??   Wink  Grin

Secret to a long relationship is........Keep the fights clean and the sex DIRTY"!
vossy
South OZ

2007 S2R1000

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 02:10:24 PM »

Man that's one hell of a ride.
 +1 on the arse transplant. owwwwwwwww.

"Life's short" "Ride More"
auntymal

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 02:37:57 PM »

...ta Vossy, ta Dragonworld, actually due to my grossly distorted skeletal chassis, the ST is reasonably comfy as I'm slightly forward and resting on my inner thighs more so than on my haunches as it were. My Monster would have meant a bum transplant as I'm more upright on it, and have played with a series of seat mods, suspension mods and riding positions etc, ...but its an 'early' i.e. "not an s2r type, i.e. wide footpeg array and low pipes etc. I've tried the later type and it feels almost like a naked st2 with very slightly higher 'bars, the pattern for my Alien/UFO naked 996 thingy, (hate the streetfighter logo), project. As for other riders being "pussey" etc, this L.D. stuff is SO personal, I would never think that. Especially as there are fellow riders who remember that once upon a time 1/2 of the 'round trip' was dirt!!!!!...9000 of the 18,000 kays!!! On the bushfire front, I'd be a little"careful" about committing to heading to the Supers via the devastation, I have this wierd feeling its not all over yet, and that even then ok biks will throw unknowns at riders in the form of surface damage, & grip issues if there were to be enough rain to coat tar roads with slurry and stuff??? Ride safe. Aunty Mal  Grin

monstermick58

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 11:48:00 PM »

Grin...it waaass Moikle, its was, it was, an all, an all, meself it was, so much so it was probably BOTH of me!! to be sure, to be sure, psst...er..is it yaself??, aye, its both of me it is, an all............. :oaunty

Arrrr..... just wanted to be sure. to be sure, to be sure, thats all, arrr.....

(Irish pirates)

Aunty I think you are spot on with the 'it aint over yet' in poor old victoria, and I think the lads have worked their routes around this problem, but its a timely reminder that you cant be too careful when in the mountains.

Mmick (Arrr)

This won't hurt much.... Trust me......
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: