Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 12:29:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cops are on the rag again, saturation patrols to raise $9 mil for holiday overti  (Read 6236 times)
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 02:56:44 PM »

I was an MP in Alabama.... but on base... different rules... shoot first, ask questions later... assume everybody is armed and dangerous... and man your post till properly relieved.  The down side... the white gloves are kinda sissy looking.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
Betty Rage
it's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a

hater

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 02:58:41 PM »

...the white gloves are kinda sissy looking.

Well... (shrugs her shoulders and points at Ryan with her thumb)

Darkhorse den mother
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 07:37:35 PM »

While there may be more police presence on the highways, especially with the three day weekend coming up, check this out: http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/speeding.asp

Sorry, but there's no $9 million ticket-a-thon. Cool

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
driza

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 08:35:13 PM »

Good find Victor waytogo

Anyone still know their 3 general orders without looking them up?
Betty Rage
it's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a

hater

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 08:41:56 PM »

Uh yeah, I do

1. Make my dinner
2. Clean my house
3. Bear my children

Darkhorse den mother
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 04:24:12 AM »

1st General Order
I will guard everything within the limits of my post and quit my post only when properly relieved.

2nd General Order
I will obey my special orders and perform all my duties in a military manner.

3rd General Order
I will report violations of my special orders, emergencies, and anything not covered in my instructions, to the commander of the relief.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
bnbmike

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 12:28:23 PM »

BTW, watch out for the center median of I-5 between the I-205 interchange and the Tualatin/Sherwood exit.  They like to camp there, and with the way the terrain undulates there, the spot comes into plain view without much warning.

Speed limit Northbound goes from 65 to 55.  The hide behind a bush there.  I always go 55 through there until Boones Ferry Road.

Had 2001 Monster 750 Dark, last of the carbby's.
Has 2011 Multistrada 1200 ST
kutter

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2008, 03:36:12 PM »

You know it's not even about the money It is about the fact that local and state law enforcement have forgotten that they are PUBLIC SERVANTS. To protect and serve; its right on the side of the car.

When was the last time you met one that acted like he worked for you? Have you ever met one. The only one I ever have was the guy that showed up when that idiot pulled out in front of me. Coincidentally he was a rider too so he totally understood what I was going through an SV650 so he really was on my side. But I can honestly say that he is the only one I have ever met.

They don't have to right tickets, they have the latitude to let people off with warnings but that does not endear them to the higher ups and it does not generate a revenue stream for that department. Want to watch the number of tickets go down, have all the money go into a general fund for the entire county or city or state instead of the police keeping chunk of it then still getting another bite at the apple in the general fund.

I used to respect them greatly, now I hold most of them in contempt.

If I offended anyone I cannot really say I am sorry, as a 22 year vet I feel really strongly about my role in serving the people of this great country.

All my best ideas get me into trouble.

I am reminded of the immortal words of Socrates when he said, 'I drank what?!'

Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything..... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
SaltLick
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2008, 02:35:28 AM »

what i like is how they setup somewhere that is actually hard to do the speed limit. like at the bottom of a downhill road and its marked 40mph. To go that speed you have to take your foot off the gas and coast the whole way, causing other drivers to pass you pissed off and flipping you the bird. Speed traps i think they are called.  drink
krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2008, 05:54:59 PM »

I've seen an increased police presence on I5 from the 205 interchange through Tigard, but that seems to happen 2 - 3 times a year.

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: