Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 08:30:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cops are on the rag again, saturation patrols to raise $9 mil for holiday overti  (Read 6237 times)
KTMCHEESE

« on: May 14, 2008, 08:31:10 AM »

I saw two badged motorcycle pricks and a 90's era Thunderbird pulling people over on I-5 this morning. A little birdy told me that cops are trying to raise nine million dollars in three weeks for upcoming holiday overtime. Not sure when that started. How can they do that you may ponder? Hmm... well by citing you for nearly anything. Guess they've been given the green light to cite you for only going five over. So you people out there be good citizens, use your blinker, try not to contribute to their corruptive ways and never vote to give them more money, ever...
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 09:08:36 AM »

Try not to bag on the cops. Better to just warn us of the saturation patrols. Some people take big offense to generalizing that they are all pricks. Plus, some of them are our friends. Just my opinion though.  Thank you for the warning though.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
Betty Rage
it's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a

hater

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 09:18:53 AM »

Yeah, thanks for the warning.

Stay safe out there er'body.

Darkhorse den mother
KTMCHEESE

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 09:24:37 AM »

I have acquaintances who are cops as well. It's not personal at all by saying what I have said. Revenue generation in traffic detail is a highly corrupt effort that they voluntarily partake in. Viewing my displeasure of it on a message board imo is nothing to them and really is all I can do as they have all the powah....

I just want to inform all the locals I can so they don't fall prey to this sting. Are you really gonna tell me that you wouldn't have the same opinions in your head if you got pulled over by one of these parasites?
NEIKOS
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 09:25:43 AM »

. . . they are all pricks. Plus, some of them are our friends.

They're not?  Police

And you have friends?  When'd that happen?

Evil
Tailgunner

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 09:29:45 AM »

Definitely can't afford any tickets when it's $18.04 just to fill my Monsters belly with fuel.

I have bicycle today! Still gotta watch out for these gang members   Police   Police   Police

Grin
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 10:43:45 AM by Tailgunner » Logged
Betty Rage

hater

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 09:39:37 AM »

And you have friends?  When'd that happen?

Yeah, what the hell Ryan? Were you planning on letting us in on this little change?

Darkhorse den mother
ryandalling

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 10:46:12 AM »

If you look at my profile... I am only a Jr. Member... my titanium one fell off.... that being said... since I no longer got the full set of bawlz on.... and only the junior golf variation... well... I must be PC.  One can only stand being kicked out of one board per week. Next week... watch out... I will be burning bridges.. jacking threads... and pillaging the virtues of well endowed women... okay... the under endowed ones too.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 11:24:53 AM »

lol, Ryan... I was bored to tears at work, now I'm glad I logged on at lunch.  Good laugh, man.  laughingdp

I noticed the saturation patrols as well when I was out takin' care of bizness yesterday afternoon.  Drove from work (Tigard) to Wilsonville, saw a motocop between Tualatin/Sherwood exit and the I-205 interchange, and another on the overpass at north Wilsonville (both watching southbound traffic).  On the way back 20 minutes later there was a patrol car lurking on the northbound side.  Faaahdge, glad I wasn't in a hurry!

BTW, watch out for the center median of I-5 between the I-205 interchange and the Tualatin/Sherwood exit.  They like to camp there, and with the way the terrain undulates there, the spot comes into plain view without much warning.

And Randy, thanks for the heads-up about the 5mph thing.  I'll add due caution when I'm out-and-about.

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
Betty Rage

hater

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 11:26:00 AM »

I'm good. I go exactly the speed limit and NEVER do anything wrong.  Evil

Darkhorse den mother
ryandalling

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 11:39:29 AM »

I'm good. I go exactly the speed limit and NEVER do anything wrong.  Evil

Riiiiiiight. I do the same thing. Hell, I check my mirrors twice and turn on my blinkers well in advance when just changing lanes.

Bendy

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 01:07:56 PM »

Don't forget to compound your blinkers with hand signals!
driza

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 02:37:11 PM »

[leo]Just dont mess around in the city,  save it for the country hills. Police  They're just doing their job,  and this is from a guy who almost got hired by PPB then got a DUI and is still paying alot of dough for my mistakes.
KTMCHEESE

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 02:43:47 PM »

Yeah a drug dealer just does his job too. So does an assasin lol...

Listen, traffic detail is pretty corrupt and unhonorable. Just because they have a badge and the laws are on the books doesn't make what they do legitimate.
kutter

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 02:49:53 PM »

I have to agree with Randy, down here in South Florida they will write me a ticket for going 10 over and let every swinging dick on the planet change lanes and turn without signals and lets not forget about running through yellow/red lights. I'm in law enforcement and I can't stand cops.

All my best ideas get me into trouble.

I am reminded of the immortal words of Socrates when he said, 'I drank what?!'

Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything..... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: