Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 01:08:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sightings  (Read 53702 times)
Sparky1479

Sparks fly...

« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2008, 04:22:47 PM »

Coulda been Scott. He doesn't read this board or go to Euro Bike Night though.

Euro Bike Night ?
jdubbs32584
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2008, 04:50:04 PM »

Euro Bike Night ?

Here in Charlotte, on the second Tuesday of every month, a bunch of European/Jap bikes gather at Macs, a local bbq/biker joint. Its mostly Ducs with some cool BMWs and several older bikes.

Here's a pic of something that showed up last time:

*removed*
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 12:24:42 PM by JBubble » Logged
yamifixer

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2008, 08:16:05 AM »

Here in Charlotte, on the second Tuesday of every month, a bunch of European/Jap bikes gather at Macs, a local bbq/biker joint. Its mostly Ducs with some cool BMWs and several older bikes.

Just once I'd like to live were stuff happens.

'00 M900Sie, '66 Benelli Fireball, '70 Honda Z50
Valve Springs are EVIL
jdubbs32584
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2008, 08:37:30 AM »

Just once I'd like to live were stuff happens.

The only cool thing about euro bike nite is the bikes. Oh and the food. The people aren't all that great. It tends to be a bunch of people who think way too highly of themselves and strut around.

I'll take more pics next time so you can see the good stuff. There were more cool bikes.
stateprez

« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2008, 12:04:56 PM »

The people aren't all that great. It tends to be a bunch of people who think way too highly of themselves and strut around.

Umm, seriously?  I don't really think that's a fair statement.  I've never thought that of anyone there.  It's a great time with great people.

For example:

This bike belongs to Max.  He also owns a few other 70's 750's as well as a Carbon Dream Mike Hailwood (MH900).  I'm sure he'd be happy to show you his collection if you spoke to him rather than just take a picture of his bike and post it on the internet.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 12:20:09 PM by stateprez » Logged

'03 999 Mono
jdubbs32584
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2008, 12:23:48 PM »

Umm, seriously?  I don't really think that's a fair statement.  I've never thought that of anyone there.  It's a great time with great people.

For example:This bike belongs to Max.  He also owns a few other 70's 750's as well as a Carbon Dream Mike Hailwood (MH900).  I'm sure he'd be happy to show you his collection if you spoke to him rather than just take a picture of his bike and post it on the internet.

Thats completely your opinion. Mine, and others, are different. I go for the bikes and some of the company. Not everybody there are full of themselves, but there are definitely some.

And, since you seem to not like the fact that i posted up a pic of the bike, i'll take it down. If I had wanted to talk to him, I would have. I happen to just like his bike, didn't really care about the details.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 12:32:22 PM by JBubble » Logged
stateprez

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2008, 12:32:45 PM »

Thats completely your opinion. Mine, and others, are different.

And, since you seem to not like the fact that i posted up a pic of the bike, i'll take it down.

I would certainly like to know who the "others" are.  We have had people from Raleigh come down, as well as the group on the 1098's from Winston Salem who some of us ride with now...all that we met at bike night.

I don't care about you posting the picture.  I'm merely making the point that you think the people aren't friendly, yet you go out of your way to take a picture of a guy's bike and don't talk to him when he's standing next to it?  (He's in the blue jeans and Chuck Taylors in the picture.)

You may want to make an effort if you have such a problem with the riding community here.

'03 999 Mono
smooth

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2008, 12:37:17 PM »

Is it just on the second Tuesday of every month? Nothing weekly going down at Mac's?

I was considering dropping by next week, but probably not if nothing's going on.
jdubbs32584
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2008, 12:39:55 PM »

I would certainly like to know who the "others" are.  We have had people from Raleigh come down, as well as the group on the 1098's from Winston Salem who some of us ride with now...all that we met at bike night.

I don't care about you posting the picture.  I'm merely making the point that you think the people aren't friendly, yet you go out of your way to take a picture of a guy's bike and don't talk to him when he's standing next to it?  (He's in the blue jeans and Chuck Taylors in the picture.)

You may want to make an effort if you have such a problem with the riding community here.

Maybe you misunderstood or I didn't make it clear enough. I don't have a problem with the entire riding community. And I don't think everybody is unfriendly (I think my original post came across as that but thats not what I meant). Everybody has opinions about everybody, thats just how life is.

I'm sorry, but myself and others (why do i need to tell you who they are?) are not gonna like all the people that you like.
jdubbs32584
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2008, 12:41:21 PM »

Is it just on the second Tuesday of every month? Nothing weekly going down at Mac's?

I was considering dropping by next week, but probably not if nothing's going on.

smooth, people show up all the time. Its usually a cruiser bar but I've definitely seen other bikes hanging out there on more than one occasion.

Euro Bike Night is just the second Tuesday of every month. Come out and join everybody!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 12:45:32 PM by JBubble » Logged
stateprez

« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2008, 12:49:38 PM »

Maybe you misunderstood or I didn't make it clear enough. I don't have a problem with the entire riding community. And I don't think everybody is unfriendly (I think my original post came across as that but thats not what I meant). Everybody has opinions about everybody, thats just how life is.

I'm sorry, but myself and others (why do i need to tell you who they are?) are not gonna like all the people that you like.

I want you to tell me who they are because I don't think there is anyone else.

It tends to be a bunch of people who think way too highly of themselves and strut around.

I just think it's shitty that you bad mouth the people at the bike night in your own city when someone from out of town asks about it. 

We are lucky to have the turnout we do at Mac's, and we should do everything we can to grow it.

'03 999 Mono
jdubbs32584
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2008, 12:52:07 PM »

I want you to tell me who they are because I don't think there is anyone else.

You're calling me a liar?

I just think it's shitty that you bad mouth the people at the bike night in your own city when someone from out of town asks about it. 

Fine. Everybody that shows up are really awesome people that are nice to everybody and anybody who thinks differently are shitty. Better?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 12:53:38 PM by JBubble » Logged
jdubbs32584
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2008, 01:11:01 PM »

Just like I've been saying all along Sparky and smooth, come out to Macs. There's really cool bikes that show up. There's some cool people too. If either of you need directions, PM me and I'll help you out.
DucPete

07 S4R

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2008, 01:17:52 PM »

I personally feel that Euro bike night is more just a time for people who own duc's to eat and drink at the same place.  It doesn't strike me as a social gathering.  It's more of a place to look at each others bikes.  

This coming from experience and from what i've heard about other Ducati groups.  There are others that seem to genuinely want to hang out with each other as an entire group, and enjoy the presence of each other.  

And I for one feel as welcomed at Euro bike night as I do at any other restaurant on any old day.  

I attribute this to the nature of M-ROC being so spread out and the fact that M-ROC is just a place where people in the Carolinas can post.  It's not a club and it's not a social group.  I think this is obvious from the lack of posting here.  

People instead make their own friends and riding buddies outside of M-ROC and Euro night.  And that's fine.  But we shouldn't pretend that it's like walking into a room with people that are outgoing and want to genuinely want to hang out.  

As I said, I don't feel any extra sense of welcome there as I have other places.  Others tend to go out of their way to be welcoming.  Not so much with this group.  

That doesn't mean that it's bad.  Just different.  Most people seem to be open to talking if you have questions about their bike.  But I've found it doesn't go much beyond bikes.

I'm sorry you got all butt-hurt. Now let it go. Deep breath. Just let it goooo....

I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you. - Robin Williams
stateprez

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2008, 01:32:07 PM »

As I said, I don't feel any extra sense of welcome there as I have other places.  Others tend to go out of their way to be welcoming.  Not so much with this group.  

Really?  I'm sure Mark, Chris, Bob and Rory would beg to differ.

Freaking unbelievable.  I'm done with this.

'03 999 Mono
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: