Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 03:09:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Excellent Rider Training Course  (Read 4851 times)
papasmurf

« on: May 14, 2008, 09:32:35 AM »

I took the “Ride Like a Pro” course taught by Jon Meyers last weekend in New Orleans. It is basically a motorpolice handling course adapted for civilians. Speeds in the course never get above 5 mph. You really learn what your bike can do and it gives you a lot of confidence handling your bike at parking lot sppeds.

The 5 hours I spent w/ Jon were the best investment I ever made in my riding skills since taking the MSF Basic Rider’s course.

If you want to improve your riding skills, IMO it would be worthwhile to attend one of Jon Meyer’s upcoming courses.

You can reach Jon at his web site;

http://www.ridelikeaproneworleans.com/registerforaclass.html

You won’t be disappointed.

BTW I am in no way associated Jon Meyers, Joe Palladino or “Ride Like a Pro” and receive no compensation from them. I am just a very satisfied customer.

If you can remember the Sixties you weren't there.
mstevens
Monsterless

No Monster of my own, but my wife has an '09 696

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 01:40:12 PM »

I would love to take a course like this, if there were one around here.

2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring (Rosso Anniversary Ducati)
2009 Ducati Monster 696 (Giallo Ducati) - Sold
2005 Ducati Monster 620 (Rosso Anniversary Ducati) - Sold
2005 Vespa LX-150 (Rosso Dragone) - First Bike Ever

Casa Suzana, vacation rental house in Cozumel, Mexico
papasmurf

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 06:47:44 PM »

Right now htere are courses in central Floria, North Carolina, New Orleans (Slidell) & California.

Maybe if enough people request a course from Jerry Palladino in a particular location he can find an instructor. It's worth a chance.

If you can remember the Sixties you weren't there.
BozcoRob

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 01:23:42 PM »

I've heard good things about this one - sound somewhat like

the Lee Parks course it took  - again a slow speed parking lot course.

Well worth it for my $.02

Desmosedici - it's the new Paso (except the bodywork doesn't fit as well)
psycledelic

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 05:34:28 AM »

Where at in NC?

06 S2R800 - the wife                         Dolph
04 999s - the mistress
tallduc

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 12:39:25 PM »

in NC is in Greensboro.

I am trying to signup for the one in CA

seems like each location has their own website:

from the site   https://www.ridelikeapro.com/html/signupform.asp

I offer rider my training classes at my course 9am till 1pm in Port Richey Florida, (see below for directions to my class). My classes are for the experienced rider wanting to enhance their motorcycle skills. I base my course on my Police training and it will have your confidence and skills improving 100% before my 4 hour class is complete. The dates below are when classes are available.

The cost of the class is $150.00. You can Sign Up Below or call my toll free number 1-866-868-7433 to reserve your spot in class with a $50.00 non-refundable deposit. If you sign up for the class with your deposit and do not show up, you will lose your deposit. Many riders are waiting to take my class.

Live in North Carolina? Not a problem. Ride Like a Pro North Carolina.
Instructor, former Motor Officer and now Deputy Sheriff, J.D. Redmon, will be teaching the same professional instruction at his location in Greensboro, NC. You can sign up for JD's classes at www.ridelikeapronc.com J.D. came to Florida to work with Jerry so he could return to North Carolina with our Ride Like a Pro format that is proven to be the most effective rider skills class available. You can also contact J.D. at redmonjd@yahoo.com

Live in New Orleans? Not a problem. Ride Like A Pro New Orleans.
Motor Officer Instructor, Jon Meyers, will be teaching the same professional instruction at his location in Slidell. You can sign up for Jon's Ride Like a Pro classes right from his website, www.ridelikeaproneworleans.com or please call, 985-288-0657, or email Jon, jon@ridelikeaproneworleans.com Jon's 2008 class schedule is as follows: June 7, July 5, July 19th, August 2nd, August 16th, August 30th. Classes are on Saturday's 9:00 am till 1:00 pm.

Live in Michigan? Not a problem. Ride Like a Pro Great Lakes. Motor Officer Instructor, Gary Lewandowski, will be teaching the same professional instruction at his location. For information for our Ride Like a Pro Great Lakes classes, please contact Gary at www.ridelikeapro-gl.com. Email Gary at gary@ridelikeapro-gl.com or please call 586-246-4344.

Live on the West Coast? Not a problem. Now you can get the same professional instruction in Playa Del Rey, California by visiting our good friend Mark Paz at www.ridelikeaprowestcoast.com. Mark came to Florida to work with Jerry "Motorman" Palladino so he could return to California with the format that is proven to be the most effective rider skills class available. Be sure to tell Mark we sent you.

2002 S4 in the glorious SF Bay Area.
sbrguy

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 07:02:37 AM »

I went to the ridelikeaprowestcoast.com down in playa del rey the other day, class is taught by mike paz .

what the original poster said is true, very good course for 4.5 hours where you are taught techniques for slow speed turnign and maneuvering.

great instructor, very good guy and explains things very nicely for you to understand.

its a lot of practice and to get better at it you have to practice more than the class shows but at least you know now what you have to be doing. 

the good thing about the west coast clss is that you can "rent" a bike that he has there for $150 so that if you drop it its not your bike.  so seriously consider this as it makes it so that if you want to learn but fear dropping the 10k dollar monster you can do so without risking the good bike.

seriously consider this class if you are in the area or even if you  in the california state as he does have a slight "fly and ride" program.  call him and he can explain it.

the class is cheap only 150 dollars and only 6 people per class so its even smaller than an msf class which is really nice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: