Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 01:51:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 13853 13854 [13855] 13856 13857 ... 14303   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official "Say Anything" Thread  (Read 6846773 times)
Stella

« Reply #207810 on: April 14, 2021, 07:05:24 AM »

Portu-Guy & Portu-Gal are heading to a Portuguese island in the Atlantic for ~1 month.

that sounds absolutely fantastic!!   waytogo

Good morning from the comforts of my own bed - for the first time since Sept. 27th, 2020.  Pup and I slept fairly decently too.   And I found my coffee grinder.   coffee bacon

Currently on hold with the new company's IT dept.   I continue to get error messages trying to log into the benefits page.   All benefits start on day one.  Includes pet insurance option.   And no vacation time.  You take the time when you need/want it.  They trust you to get your shit done.   waytogo

"To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites." ~ Robert Heinlein
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #207811 on: April 14, 2021, 08:08:15 AM »

That sounds good!

Morning.

The vacation is needed in more ways than one.

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #207812 on: April 14, 2021, 08:29:37 AM »

Afternoon.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #207813 on: April 14, 2021, 10:37:16 AM »

Afternoon, peeps.

I took most of the morning off and went for a bike ride (my normal 27 mile out & back loop).  Was necessary because the business cases I submitted to the overlords in Japan back in mid-December have not been reviewed by them yet.  We normally get approvals in early to mid-March.  bang head bang head bang head

It's making it really hard to not drink during the week.

On the upside, my blood pressure (which has been a bit high lately  Undecided ) was at 123/78 this morning.   waytogo

Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #207814 on: April 14, 2021, 10:57:18 AM »

Bummer about the delay, good to hear about the blood pressure!

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #207815 on: April 14, 2021, 12:41:51 PM »

And no vacation time.  You take the time when you need/want it.  They trust you to get your shit done.   waytogo
Love this approach.  Mature and enlightened  applause

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #207816 on: April 14, 2021, 12:54:16 PM »

Bummer about the delay, good to hear about the blood pressure!

Actually, their response to my email from Monday afternoon (early morning in Tokyo) that I received this morning was that they haven't begun to review the requests yet.  And the majority of them were to apply existing parts (brake pads, wiper blades, various filters, etc.) to newer vehicles in our lineup.

Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #207817 on: April 14, 2021, 12:56:40 PM »

Love this approach.  Mature and enlightened  applause

Too bad more companies don't follow the common sense lead.

For instance, our "sick time" policy changes a few years ago.  We no longer get allotted the 80 annual hours as in the past - "use whatever you need", they said.  Except that it is tracked in our payroll system, so you'll get a nasty-gram if you start to come close to using 80 hours... bang head

Yes, I have a hate/love relationship with corporate America...

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #207818 on: April 14, 2021, 01:14:22 PM »

evening

Nice to hear P.

My baby brother worked for Simplex/Tyco for over 30 years. I couldn't work in corporate America for 30 minutes.

I've been told I have a bad attitude.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

LMT
Post Whore

« Reply #207819 on: April 14, 2021, 03:47:08 PM »

My boss said I was going to get punched. Outside of work, in stores and places, I have taken to calling guys that wear their mask below the nose Dick Face. I was at Costco and reminded a guy to pull up his mask. He declined. I called him Dick Face and told him that he had to wear it over his nose. The people around me clapped. cheeky
Stella

« Reply #207820 on: April 14, 2021, 04:57:27 PM »

My boss said I was going to get punched. Outside of work, in stores and places, I have taken to calling guys that wear their mask below the nose Dick Face. I was at Costco and reminded a guy to pull up his mask. He declined. I called him Dick Face and told him that he had to wear it over his nose. The people around me clapped. cheeky

laughingdp applause

evening

Nice to hear P.

My baby brother worked for Simplex/Tyco for over 30 years. I couldn't work in corporate America for 30 minutes.

I've been told I have a bad attitude.

I too would rather not work for corporate America, however, for me, the cost of insurance and other benefits outweigh having to follow all the protocol.  Hopefully this gig gives me breathing room once I'm past the learning curve. 

"To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites." ~ Robert Heinlein
Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #207821 on: April 14, 2021, 06:16:36 PM »

bow down

LMT
Post Whore

« Reply #207822 on: April 15, 2021, 03:37:52 AM »

Morning. I went by a local, small, gym to see about boot camp. 4 or 5 people were working out with no masks or masks under their nose. A worker came over to talk to me. I asked him to please get the people close by to wear a mask. One guy put it on when talked to, but under his nose! The worker dude was all ready to sell me a boot camp membership. I asked him to get the guy to wear his mask correctly. He said he would after he was done talking to me. Who can guess what happened next?

If your guess was that I walked over to the guy and called him dick face, you win! I was like really dick face? It's been over a year. You should know how to wear a mask by now. The worker dude got all upset with me for talking to a member that way. BUT he was still trying to sell the boot camp! His mask kept sliding under his nose. I told him I'd rather have the extra 20 pounds then spend money and time there.
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #207823 on: April 15, 2021, 04:35:00 AM »

Good morning coffee

It is amazing what some people don't get.
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #207824 on: April 15, 2021, 04:57:09 AM »

applause

It is amazing what some people don't get.
Also, this.

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Pages: 1 ... 13853 13854 [13855] 13856 13857 ... 14303   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: