The Official "Say Anything" Thread

Started by Popeye the Sailor, May 05, 2008, 05:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howie


herm

Quote from: ungeheuer on October 01, 2026, 06:38:52 AMYou have a Triumph Tiger 900?  On my shopping list..... (or the rumoured upcoming 950..).  Things you like & don't like about it?
Likes: Heated grips and seat. Never thought I'd care about that stuff, but it's been a life saver on this trip. Love the quick shifter And the ride modes (although I've been in rain mode or off-road mode the whole trip.) Super comfy...I can ride this bike for hours on end. I've been putting in six plus hours a day on this trip. Bike has tons of power. I can lug it down in 4th, or rev it out in 3rd. I hear it has a 6th gear, but I've never used it.
Dislikes: It's heavy, dry. With hard luggage, loaded, it weighs in at over 600lbs, making it a chore to pick up. You have to come to a complete stop to select or deselect off road mode (which turns off abs and traction control, as well as changing the power map.) Cumbersome... And the bike is almost to tall for me (5'10"). Makes for the occasional 'oh shit' moment, especially off road. Lastly, the seat isn't as comfortable as my 2016 Tiger was.
If you drive the nicest car in the neighborhood, work in a cash business, and don't pay taxes, you're either a preacher or a drug dealer...

No more Monster. But my Triumph Tiger 900 RP is wicked fun!

herm

Quote from: ungeheuer on September 29, 2026, 07:32:45 AM..... um.... We need to know more about your Moto Cross outing mate.....  [Dolph]
I'll share more if I survive, and get back to a real keyboard
If you drive the nicest car in the neighborhood, work in a cash business, and don't pay taxes, you're either a preacher or a drug dealer...

No more Monster. But my Triumph Tiger 900 RP is wicked fun!

Howie

Good morning [coffee]

Quote from: herm on October 01, 2026, 08:49:21 PMI'll share more if I survive, and get back to a real keyboard

 [popcorn]

ducpainter

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent."