Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 01:50:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AGV helmets any good  (Read 9257 times)
monster2b

« on: May 14, 2008, 12:52:48 PM »

Hi all, love the new board and the soul of this place.  So when I bought the bike I bought a cheapie HJC helmet and now it's time to upgrade. I was looking at an AGV mainly because the price was good and the styling. Anything I should be worried about? I'm looking in the 200-300 price range. 
Kroe

get him a.... Cranberry juice

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 02:23:20 PM »

M2B,

One of my lids is an AGV stealth and I love it. It's light, venting is good, and wind buffeting not to bad up at speed. The sheild change mechanism is really nice too. Can't go wrong for the money in my opinion.

Check out www.sportbiketrackgear.com. They have cool youtube video reviews on much of their product and they have a good vid on the AGV helmets; one of their top pics.

07' CBR600RR... "The Ice-Pick"
Kroe

get him a.... Cranberry juice

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 02:27:24 PM »

better yet, here you go...

07' CBR600RR... "The Ice-Pick"
Airborne
Crash n' Burn

Monster S2R 800 - ALL BLACK

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 03:06:12 PM »

I have the agv s4, it is a great helmet. Also it is very light. I tried on an Arai and I don't see why people are so crazy over that brand. Also, Rossi wears AGVs on the track if that means anythng for you. They certainly arn't shit.

2007 Monster S2R, Vespa GTS 300, Vino 125
COWBOY

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 03:21:54 PM »

AGV's are nice.  In that price range I'd check out the RF1000 as well.

2005 S2R -- Mods installed: DP termi full racing kit, ST4 Forks, S4R rear shock, 999 Radial Brake and Clutch MCs, 4 pot Brembo Calipers, 320mm Snowflake rotors, SBK Quick change carrier, 43T rear sproket, Tomaselli Clip Ons, Cyclecat Frame Sliders, ASV Levers, zero indicators, Supernova taillight
ZLTFUL
Mama said I would go blind if I kept playing with my

WWSDD? Why Anal of course!

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 06:25:54 PM »

Most of the "big" name helmet brands are going to be a good overall quality product.

Ideally, wear what fits yer melon best. For me, it's AGVs. I love some of the Icon designs but NONE of them fit my head right.

Avatar courtesy of www.mybadco.com
2012 Panigale 1199
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 07:46:30 PM »

RF1000 is a great helmet. Get it a bit snugg becasue that one breaks into a whole size bigger when your done. Large made me bite my gums. 8 months later, large makes my teeth slam into the front of the helmet when i try to lift my visor.

Ive switched over to the Scorpio EXO-700, and IMHO is a GREAT helmet. A bit on the heavy side even though its a whole shell smaller than my Shoei.

Cant beat the 100% fog proof lens too.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
monster2b

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 07:44:01 AM »

Thanks for the replies. I will also check out the RF1000. My only concern is that I haven't found a place that carries them here in OC.  Huh?
Dainesedan

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 11:56:09 AM »

Love 'em.  Worn them for years.  They fit me better than anything else out there.

Dainese San Francisco
131 S. Van Ness
San Francisco, Ca 94103
415-626-5478
lawbreaker

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 06:27:16 AM »

Thanks for the replies. I will also check out the RF1000. My only concern is that I haven't found a place that carries them here in OC.  Huh?

I'm assuming OC as in SoCal. (still dont know why people dont add their location on profile but whatever)

Del Amo motorsports carries them -so I'm told- and not too far away
monster2b

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 08:45:51 AM »

Thanks for the Del Amo info. Fixed the location on my profile for you.  waytogo
monster2b

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 01:57:22 PM »

So I picked up an AGV- S4 helmet yesterday. Wow much quieter than my previous helmet. The airflow through the front vents at highway speeds is noticeable and almost too much, but will be nice in summer.  Got the red one with the white stripe down the middle. Ok so I'm a tard
EvilSteve
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 07:51:48 PM »

I've had the AGV TiTech for a couple of years. It's starting to get a bit ratty now but still good. Main distinction is that there aren't any ear holes inside the helmet which can be a bit uncomfortable for some. Been happy with mine for sure.
ephophex

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 09:00:04 AM »

I've had a Ti-Tech for ~7 months.  A few observations:

- The sizing is freaky - I wore a size M Arai Signet; but, it took a size XL Ti-Tech to fit my punkin.  Even with the jumbo size, the opening is very small, so, when putting it on, I use sort of a rocking motion (pull down over one ear, making sure it's flat. Then pull down over other ear).  It sounds more complex than it is, and takes no more time than helmets I could just pull straight down.  I believe, by the way, that this weird sizing is unique to this model, as opposed to all AGV lids.

- The fit is snug but VERY comfy (high quality removable Coolmax wicking liner).  It remains comfortable after a couple of hours (haven't worn it continuously for longer than that).

- While overall quality/fit/finish seems high, the vent levers seem a bit fragile.  They haven't broken; but, they just don't feel as robust as I'd like.  Levers aside, it's nice and drafty at speed.

- I can't say I've done a hardcore comparison with my Signet; but, it seems quiet enough, and it's definitely light enough.

- The visor stays put in any position.  Also, it's not at all difficult to change.  And just to sweeten the deal, they included a spare mirrored and a pack of tear-offs.  Those have been REALLY handy on my commute Smiley

Overall,  I consider it money well spent (especially since it was a closeout).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: