Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 01:34:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The new Challenger  (Read 7107 times)
aaronb

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 05:49:13 PM »

oh and one last thing,

4150 lbs

/thread

Milwaukee, WI
'07 s2r1k, '81 honda cb400t
superjohn

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 05:50:11 PM »

Muscle and sports cars should have real manual transmissions. Period. I refuse to own an automobile without a manual.

The paddle shift manuals are OK in the Ferrari's because they're automatically actuated manual transmissions, but most of the others are simply slushboxes with a manual shift mode.
Le Pirate

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 05:53:06 PM »

I don't like the limitations on transmissions, but i can see it being a cost savings. Still sucks.

But there are no true musclecars anymore. Relatively inexpensive cars making gobs of power? I can't think of one.

as much as i hate to say this....

a friend of mine has a new GTO....

it's a total sleeper. GODDDDD that thing is a fun car to drive....

P.S.----you can still get new audis with a straight manual transmission....even the R8

sqweak
WebGeeK

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 07:12:54 PM »

it's CVT, CTS-V is fast caddy (with a 6-speed)

Uh, just gonna throw this out there, several new cars, including the CTS-V are semi-auto too. Isn't that what that thing has or did I read it wrong?

Reading comprehension FTL!

We were talking the caddy. Wink

2007 S4R-T (street)
Black CRG Hindsight LS, Black CRG Roll-A-Click Levers, Black Rizoma Conical Handlebars, DP Open Airbox, Clear Alternatives Integrated LED Brakelight w/ Smoke Lens, Removed: Chopped (w/ Cookie's kit), Sidepods & Wiring relocated, Passenger pegs, Stickers

2001 Suzuki SV650 (track)
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 07:15:13 PM »

CTS-V fast. turbo CTS-V, very fast. The defunct "Perfection Motorsports" of Nashville had one of these once. Sounded like a racecar, but had ostrich interior. They went belly up and who knows what happened to the car.

Damn near impossible not to grin ear to ear in it. With the traction control ON, shifting into second and blipping the gas made the rear end step waaay out.

Fun times.

aaronb

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 07:50:07 PM »

Reading comprehension FTL!

We were talking the caddy. Wink

hah, didn't follow kutters thread into yours, opps

didn't know the '09 cts-v's were getting slushboxes as an option, so far they have all been 6-speeds

BTW, the chryser 300 is based off of the '96 to '02 E class, not S

cheeky

Milwaukee, WI
TCK!
I'm A Hot Chick

Oh really?

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 08:49:13 PM »

so how will burn outs be with a brake-lock diff?  will the acrid smell of burnt pads overwhelm the sweet smell of burnt rubber?  or will it just be a one wheeled wonder?
First thing I do on any of my cars due to my 4x4 roots is open up the diff and weld it together. Then I'm going to pour some number 1 diesel on the road and let'er rip... Brake Lock...pshhh nothing a pair of side cutters and some Lincoln Electric can't take care of Cheesy
aaronb

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2008, 04:25:57 AM »

First thing I do on any of my cars due to my 4x4 roots is open up the diff and weld it together. Then I'm going to pour some number 1 diesel on the road and let'er rip... Brake Lock...pshhh nothing a pair of side cutters and some Lincoln Electric can't take care of Cheesy

waytogo

i'll be waiting for my burnout. 

Milwaukee, WI
kutter

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2008, 06:16:09 AM »

Actually the first CTS-V I saw with paddle shifters was 3 years ago at Sebring, not sure if it was in production at the time but have to say, their new motto is correct, it is not your fathers Caddilac. The one thing I could not figure out was why they offered paddle shifters in the CTS but not the XLR.

My brother is waiting for the new CTS-V's to come in, I think he secretly wants to pull up next to someone in an L6 and blow them off the line. It should even be not that much slower than the Z06. It is a pretty cool car and IMHO the ultimate sleeper, I mean it's a Caddy for goodness sake.

All my best ideas get me into trouble.

I am reminded of the immortal words of Socrates when he said, 'I drank what?!'

Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything..... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2008, 06:30:35 AM »

I think this is a terrible time to purchase a low gas mileage toy, unless you have a crap-ton of disposable income.  Hopefully your brother is in that category.

I, for one, won't be in the market for a new muscle car or supercar any time soon. Paying to drive my colossus of an SUV is quite enough.

KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

still wearing the tin foil hat

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2008, 06:33:57 AM »

so what are the thoughts on the VW GTI shifter?
the ones i have driven didn't lag at all on upshift and had very little lag on downshift. that can actually be overcome by revving then downshifting apparently(i never got to try it)

Life, alas is very drear. Up with the glass and down with the beer!
Seriously, when i am 800years old i want to rock like Lemmy! it is a religion that requires lots of determination, drugs, and Marshall stacks.

now with clavicle of steel (stainless) wrist o' steel (11/2011)
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008, 06:46:57 AM »

I think this is a terrible time to purchase a low gas mileage toy, unless you have a crap-ton of disposable income.  Hopefully your brother is in that category.

I, for one, won't be in the market for a new muscle car or supercar any time soon. Paying to drive my colossus of an SUV is quite enough.

Actually it's a great time to buy one-no one wants them....thus the prices should be lower.

It's just a bad time to drive one.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
kutter

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 07:23:15 AM »

I have not seen the mileage estimates for them yet so can't really comment on how bad/good it will be. I know that compared to my diesel F-250 it will be downright cheap to drive, I gotta get me another motorcycle  Angry

All my best ideas get me into trouble.

I am reminded of the immortal words of Socrates when he said, 'I drank what?!'

Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything..... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2008, 07:24:33 AM »

Get a two-fitty. Those Ninjas get ridiculous gas mileage. C'mon Ducati! Where's our version?!? And don't say Vespa. 

NeufUnSix

Masochistic Italophile

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2008, 09:12:43 AM »

There will be a manual option for 09.

Honestly comparing the price to the power output, I could live with the auto. It's 45K for an SRT8 up in Canerduh, which is about the same price as a G35 sedan. A good deal for over 400 hp, in other words, but a lot for something that will look and feel cheap inside.

"Why did my tractor just blow up?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: