Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 02:08:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Little bit chilly  (Read 3361 times)
Bellagio
Leo Vince pipes give me a

Live Fast, Die Young, Leave a Beautiful Corpse

« on: March 08, 2009, 09:25:01 AM »

So I finally got my bike back in one piece, so I had to take it out last night.  Got home from a wedding at midnight, threw on some longjohns, put the leathers over it and put my first 30 miles on the Duc (36 degrees and wet ground in Milwaukee).  I was bitten by the bug last night and I can't wait to get back on her.  Now if this stupid rain would stop...   [moto]

May your head gasket develop premature failure, your carb get gummed up, and your side stand fall short.
Ducatiloo

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 09:42:50 AM »

I would have gone out but I couldn't get my snow tires on. Undecided

750 SS 01    800 S2R 05  Aprilia RST 1000 futura
Bellagio

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 11:07:14 AM »

Well, the ground is dry today so I took my lunch break to drive home, slap on the gear and ride back to work.  Hopefully the ground temp will stay above freexing and the small puddles won't turn to small ice patches!

May your head gasket develop premature failure, your carb get gummed up, and your side stand fall short.
Ducatiloo

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 10:06:31 AM »

Are we both in WI? laughingdp
My town has flood warnings going right now.

Bellagio

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 11:36:03 AM »

You know how WI is.  If you don't like the weather... wait ten minutes.  We're getting hit with a light mist and dense fog.  Have to drive out to Big Bend tonight to pick up my new A* SMX-5 boots!  Super jacked for that, but don't know when the Duc will be back out.  Where in the state are you?

Ducatiloo

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 06:38:35 AM »

I'm in Waterloo, 20 mins East of Madison.
I think today I would get blown off my bike if I took her out.

Bellagio

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 07:41:35 AM »

Ah yes, hence the name...  I'm looking forward to the beginning of next week.  Supposed to be 42-44 and sunny on Monday and Tuesday.  Are there any good roads out in 'Loo?  I've got a friend that live on the east side of Madison off of 151 that I'll be visiting this summer for some rides (he's got a 1200 Sporty).  Just looking to see if there are some good twisties around there.  Can't wait to get out in the Holy Hill and Kettle areas.

vwboomer

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 09:01:44 PM »

IMO opinion, the Kettles are entirely over rated. There are a couple good roads, sure, but not loads of em. I'd rather head to SW WI and ride round there. Or the Miss river valley area.

I got on and rode from Lakewood WI to St Croix, then continued south and around ending up around the Richland center area. Then went thru the Dells on the way back to Sheboygan. Some of the nicest roads I've seen. But by the time I got home it was almost 800 miles, 15 hours, and I was dying from pain.
Short story long, pick an alphabet road SW of madtown and you'll be happy. I went to school in Platteville for a bit and there's lots of good roads.

2005 S4R - Sato, PM, CC, Sargeant
2005 GasGas FSE450
2004 Honda VFR
Ducatiloo

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 09:46:17 AM »

I have to agree with Vwboomer.  In my area you find a nice road and right when you get to the weeeeee part the road is over.

Schmitty

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 02:13:21 PM »

Put 10 miles on the Duc today, first time in 4 months I've gotten out!   [moto]

Well, now I should clean off last year's grime and chain lube.  waytogo
vwboomer

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 10:07:37 PM »

10 miles. That's not worth gettin geared up Wink

Put on about 60 myself. I actually saw a fair number of bikes out there. Along with the requisite dipshits without helmets on - tho at least they had their baseball hats turned around so they wouldn't blow off. Sheesh, I felt so overdressed in my leathers.

2005 GasGas FSE450
2004 Honda VFR
Bellagio

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 01:03:29 PM »

My wrists are killing!  I just put 160 miles on today.  Did A slab run from South Milwaukee out to Sussex, then did quite a few letter runs.  Just lost my job on Thursday, but at least we've got some good riding weather early this week.   Roll Eyes

vwboomer

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 10:37:56 AM »

My wrists are killing!  I just put 160 miles on today.  Did A slab run from South Milwaukee out to Sussex, then did quite a few letter runs.  Just lost my job on Thursday, but at least we've got some good riding weather early this week.   Roll Eyes

I'm still waiting to see if I'll have a job at the end of the month. I kinda hope so!

Got both bikes out today for a bit. Maybe 10 miles on the GasGas, 25 on the Duc. Sadly I gotta work at 230. I'll be taking the Duc, though the gasgas is my normal commuter. Just dont' trust it to start. Really don't trust the Duc either come to think of it.

I'm still seeing  a lot of sand/gravel on the roads so I've been taking it pretty easy both in town and out. Good warm up anyway.

2005 GasGas FSE450
2004 Honda VFR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: