Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 10:23:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PCIII Question. I think i may have found a topic not yet discussed!  (Read 4941 times)
corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« on: May 14, 2008, 05:46:44 PM »

Well guys. I'm considering doing a custom exhaust on my S2R, following suit with the Hedman Hedders "Hot Tips," some baffles (Sad), some Jet-Hot black ceramic coating, and probably a spark header... Obviously with an exhaust this open, there are going to be some air/fuel ratio issues. I was planning on going PC3, but have run into a snag.

I am on a MAC! It doesn't seem like PC3 currently supports Mac OS X.
Anyone out there on a MAC running a power commander, and tuning from their Mac?

Any Ideas?  Huh?

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 07:46:15 PM »

Good luck with this.

I don't think there are enough Mac users for Dyno Jet to bother making an application.

I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions.

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 07:48:16 PM »

Honestly. I doubt their software requires much computing. Just borrow a friends Laptop, or ebay a $200 laptop. Hell, windows 98 baby. waytogo

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
DrDesmo

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 07:54:27 PM »

Well guys. I'm considering doing a custom exhaust on my S2R, following suit with the Hedman Hedders "Hot Tips," some baffles (Sad), some Jet-Hot black ceramic coating, and probably a spark header... Obviously with an exhaust this open, there are going to be some air/fuel ratio issues. I was planning on going PC3, but have run into a snag.

I am on a MAC! It doesn't seem like PC3 currently supports Mac OS X.
Anyone out there on a MAC running a power commander, and tuning from their Mac?

Any Ideas?  Huh?

- VirtualPC has USB device support if you're running a G4/G5 mac
- If you're running an intel mac, use Boot Camp or Parallels and run Windows on that, they'll both be able to use your USB port  waytogo

-Adam

'95 916
'12 800XC
A.duc.H.duc.

944 ist sehr gut!

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 03:09:24 AM »

- VirtualPC has USB device support if you're running a G4/G5 mac
- If you're running an intel mac, use Boot Camp or Parallels and run Windows on that, they'll both be able to use your USB port  waytogo

-Adam

except parallels and the windowsXP licence cost more than getting an old laptop off ebay as previously suggested.

"Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator."
DrDesmo

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 04:49:59 AM »

except parallels and the windowsXP licence cost more than getting an old laptop off ebay as previously suggested.

Nope:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PARALLELS-DESKTOP-for-MAC-RUN-DUAL-OPERATING-SYSTEMS_W0QQitemZ120259296532QQihZ002QQcategoryZ80242QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Windows-XP-SP1a-with-COA_W0QQitemZ140231318395QQihZ004QQcategoryZ41882QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$100 (or a "hunge" as some call it  laughingdp ) and you're ready to rock!

-Adam

'95 916
'12 800XC
corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 05:26:59 AM »

i've already got a copy of windows Wink

i guess the last question is, does the PCIII work with my bike?
It's a non-o2 sensored 2006 S2R. Does the PCIII have issues with the immobilizer?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 05:32:18 AM by corey » Logged

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
hypurone
Something Wicked This Way Comes!

Life is not AROUND the corner, Life IS the corner!

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 05:46:18 AM »

i've already got a copy of windows Wink
i guess the last question is, does the PCIII work with my bike?
It's a non-o2 sensored 2006 S2R. Does the PCIII have issues with the immobilizer?

It will work fine with the immobilizer. It doesn't have anything to do with it so no harm there. The trick may be finding a PCIII that is old school (non-EX) or a shop that will install the race ready version (not approved for road use). The new EX prohibits modification to the lower rev ranges of the map to comply with the huge fine/citation Power Commander got from the EPA. I believe you will need the following unit as they don't list one exactly for your bike, 717-411. This is the one I used on my S4RS (Full Termi sys already installed so no O2).

'07 S4RS "Testatretta" (In the FASTER color)
I'm not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example!
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 09:24:21 AM »

The S4Rs and the S2R800 may not use the same injectors, so the connectors may be different.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
hypurone
Something Wicked This Way Comes!

Life is not AROUND the corner, Life IS the corner!

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 09:44:48 AM »

The S4Rs and the S2R800 may not use the same injectors, so the connectors may be different.

Well that part number is actually for an M1000s.i.e so something tells me it should....

'07 S4RS "Testatretta" (In the FASTER color)
I'm not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example!
Qfactor

Same shift, different gear.

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 07:01:02 PM »

It'll work.

Q

"If your mom's got a schlong, run away, she's not your mom...."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: