Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 07:24:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gonna Be in the area...  (Read 11565 times)
hypurone
Something Wicked This Way Comes!

Life is not AROUND the corner, Life IS the corner!

« on: May 15, 2008, 06:43:07 AM »

Gonna be in the Canyon Lake area visiting relatives. gonna have 2 days to go and ride. I have a couple of routes planned out. Looking for anyone that knows the current condition of the Ortega Hwy. I hear there is contruction going there? Was gonna ride it as part of a loop on Tues and end up out in the Julian area. Been out that way on my way to Ocatillo for some quad riding and the roads were awesome.

Gonna be heading up to Big Bear as well on Thurs.

Anyone wanna play hooky?

'07 S4RS "Testatretta" (In the FASTER color)
I'm not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example!
Ivan

Turn 3 at Streets of Willow

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 07:54:01 AM »

Gonna be in the Canyon Lake area visiting relatives. gonna have 2 days to go and ride. I have a couple of routes planned out. Looking for anyone that knows the current condition of the Ortega Hwy. I hear there is contruction going there? Was gonna ride it as part of a loop on Tues and end up out in the Julian area. Been out that way on my way to Ocatillo for some quad riding and the roads were awesome.

Anyone wanna play hooky?

I'd join you, but it looks like I'm going to Tucson for the week  Tongue

Ortega is still a mess, at least it was a couple weeks ago...

If you're going to the Julian Area, check out Mesa Grande road for a change of pace.  Its not tight twisties, but its fast, smooth, and just a beatiful place.  It runs between the 76 (near Lake Henshaw) to the 79 (just north of Julian).

Sold: 2007 S2R1000 for canyon carving and commuting - DP ECU, PCIII, BMC air filter with open box, Zard full exhaust, Race-tech fork internals, Ohlins steering damper, and a Penske 8987 triple clicker

2000 996XU (extra ugly) for track days - BST carbon wheels, Ohlins shock, reworked fork, FBF exhaust, and a bunch of megacycle rocker arms. The rest of it is junk - Hey, I'm just happy that it runs...

Sold: 2002 Aprilia RST1000 for touring - De-restricted airbox, Taylormade Racing exhaust
joekarati

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 11:03:27 AM »

Anyone wanna play hooky?

try these guys...a bunch of us on this forum have not been east of the "westside" for some time... Roll Eyes

http://www.theocdc.com/forum/

There's a fine line between clever and stupid.
derby

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 11:49:02 AM »

try these guys...a bunch of us on this forum have not been east of the "westside" for some time... Roll Eyes

http://www.theocdc.com/forum/

i was informed the other day that the ocdc forum is all but dead and we're viewed as anti-social for sending people there.

ditto for sddc.

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
gm2

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 11:52:05 AM »

viewed as anti-social for sending people there.

ditto for sddc.

that's a weird one.  sending folks to more geographically relevant sites would seem social to me...

Like this is the racing, no?
derby

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 12:04:11 PM »

that's a weird one.  sending folks to more geographically relevant sites would seem social to me...

well, that's why we were sending people there.

evidently we were sending them to two dead forums.

so... we should be more "so cal" and less "west la"... or something.

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

lucazuma
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 12:11:20 PM »

W
lucazuma
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 12:13:03 PM »

fixie
joekarati

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 12:23:37 PM »

W

laughingdp

sqweak
WebGeeK

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 12:33:53 PM »

so... we should be more "so cal" and less "west la"... or something.

We're as vocal as our participants. Undecided  We've been a little down on OC/SD participants since Tom left, BD became the Locaiton/Coffee-Shop Poseur Police, Rideon had his accident, and Todd/DucDude shipped out (I think).  I think Eileen is down there too, but she doesn't post up in local much.

Personally, I was always just trying to be helpful by sending people to what I thought were more relevant/active sites for those regions. waytogo

OC/SD folks are always welcome at our events, track outings, and on this board, but since the regulars are pretty much on the westside I can't promise that we'll have much valuable input on those regions.  Huh?

2007 S4R-T (street)
Black CRG Hindsight LS, Black CRG Roll-A-Click Levers, Black Rizoma Conical Handlebars, DP Open Airbox, Clear Alternatives Integrated LED Brakelight w/ Smoke Lens, Removed: Chopped (w/ Cookie's kit), Sidepods & Wiring relocated, Passenger pegs, Stickers

2001 Suzuki SV650 (track)
derby

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 12:57:57 PM »

Personally, I was always just trying to be helpful by sending people to what I thought were more relevant/active sites for those regions. waytogo

as was i, but one of our southern brethren recently enlightened me regarding the status of those regional boards.

OC/SD folks are always welcome at our events, track outings, and on this board, but since the regulars are pretty much on the westside I can't promise that we'll have much valuable input on those regions.  Huh?

i'm not saying they aren't, or haven't been welcome. just that we should take into consideration the possibility that ocdc and sddc are dead ends for any information, let alone local.

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

darylbowden
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 02:04:56 PM »

I'm with you Joe.  Here's the shirt I'm wearing today (seriously).

sqweak
WebGeeK

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 02:11:30 PM »

is it pink like the picture? Roll Eyes

2007 S4R-T (street)
Black CRG Hindsight LS, Black CRG Roll-A-Click Levers, Black Rizoma Conical Handlebars, DP Open Airbox, Clear Alternatives Integrated LED Brakelight w/ Smoke Lens, Removed: Chopped (w/ Cookie's kit), Sidepods & Wiring relocated, Passenger pegs, Stickers

2001 Suzuki SV650 (track)
joekarati

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 02:29:17 PM »

I'm with you Joe.  Here's the shirt I'm wearing today (seriously).

LOL!!!  I want one!!!  laughingdp

***goes to Japantown popKiller***
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 02:32:23 PM by joekarati » Logged

hypurone
Something Wicked This Way Comes!

Life is not AROUND the corner, Life IS the corner!

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 03:32:08 PM »

I'd join you, but it looks like I'm going to Tucson for the week  Tongue
Ortega is still a mess, at least it was a couple weeks ago...
If you're going to the Julian Area, check out Mesa Grande road for a change of pace.  Its not tight twisties, but its fast, smooth, and just a beatiful place.  It runs between the 76 (near Lake Henshaw) to the 79 (just north of Julian).

When you say it's (Ortega) a mess, how bad is that? Can I get thru to the coast? Is it as bad as being dirt? Ya gotta remember, I'm NorCal, the roads up here suck!!

'07 S4RS "Testatretta" (In the FASTER color)
I'm not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: