Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 09:17:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rizoma bars and grips - any opinions?  (Read 3946 times)
tommys67
Captain Slow

'08 Fireblade

« on: May 15, 2008, 08:12:33 AM »

I'm in the midst of a ton of repairs and mods since a crash last month.

Since I've had 2 low-sides, and both times they bent the bars, I'm hesitant about putting on another Ducati bar.

I was checking out the 22mm Rizoma bars and grips over at  PJsParts, and I really like the combo.  I also figure the aluminum is lighter and maybe a little tougher than the raw tubing of the original 695 bars.

Anyone have any FHE with these?

Any problems in installation or use?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 08:14:37 AM by tommys67 » Logged

I live my life as a warning to others.
Founder - www.suspectsunlimited.com
optiato

'07 695

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 08:31:02 AM »

I use both and love them.  Very comfortable, very high quality.  I also ordered from PJ's.

I'd post a picture if my Photobucket account would stop messing up and let me log in.
RogueMnstr

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 08:08:41 PM »

No problems with installation... they go right in in place of the stock bars. They definitely weigh less, and look a lot better (IMO) as well.
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 11:51:14 AM »

Someone did post something about the Rizoma bars being angled backwards. Could it be ASADO?? Changing the angles will work great for some, but the bars, or rather controls, might hit the tank and adjustment of the steering stops might be required. If aluminum is stronger than the stock steel, hmm not sure....
Rizoma grips are grrrreat looking, but some complaints about comfort has been posted.

All of the above is hearsay. You'll have to get the qualified answers from the seniors. Just thought I'd share what I have picked up.

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
tommys67
Captain Slow

'08 Fireblade

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 07:59:41 AM »

I got the bars and grips last night.  There is a slight bend further back than the stock bars...

I will report back tomorrow night when I attempt installation (raining like a river today...)

asado

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 08:16:50 AM »

Someone did post something about the Rizoma bars being angled backwards. Could it be ASADO?? Changing the angles will work great for some, but the bars, or rather controls, might hit the tank and adjustment of the steering stops might be required. If aluminum is stronger than the stock steel, hmm not sure....
Rizoma grips are grrrreat looking, but some complaints about comfort has been posted.

All of the above is hearsay. You'll have to get the qualified answers from the seniors. Just thought I'd share what I have picked up.

I sold mine.  I didnt like the sweep angle and height position (a tad higher than stock).  Also, i had to adjust the steering stops 3 turns so the controls will clear the tank and in the process, decreases the already limited monster turn radius.

optiato

'07 695

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 08:21:46 AM »

ASADO, those aren't the 22mm bars though, likely similar, but still not the same.  Those are the conical bars.

tommys67
Captain Slow

'08 Fireblade

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 11:53:57 AM »

ASADO, those aren't the 22mm bars though, likely similar, but still not the same.  Those are the conical bars.

I cropped out your pic in this post, but I have a question re: the mirrors...

Did you use the Rizoma bar-end and clamp the mirror onto it - or did you use the bar-end adaptors for the mirrors themselves?

I ask because I don't want to use the Rizoma bar-ends, I don't want to make the bike any wider than it was already.

I did notice, however, that the sweep angle of the 22mm bars is a few degrees less (tighter in to the tank) than stock...  I'll have to see if it works for me.

mookieo2

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 09:13:35 AM »

Tommy I  purchased a set of Rizoma bars, grips, and bar ends last year after my GF bent them while trying to learn ride it.(Don`t know what I was smoking that day!! She fell on the grass so no injuries) I am really happy with them. The quality is excellent and PJ`s will get them to you in about two days. I also have a set of cheapo Ebay bar ends which were surprisingly well. I ended up placing them between my grips and bar ends because they wouldn`t fit around the Rioma bar ends. They look pretty good. I`ll post a pic if I get home early enough tonight. The diameter of the grips is also a little bigger, so if you have big hands you might like them better than stock. I find them to be comfortable even after a 400 mile trip.
optiato

'07 695

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 09:38:47 AM »

Those in the pic are just the cheap bicycle bar ends... I now use the CRG's and the CRG bar-ends.  Doesn't make them much longer.

tommys67
Captain Slow

'08 Fireblade

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 12:43:40 PM »

Well, I finally got around to installation last night.

The Rizoma bar is wonderful - but it won't fit with aftermarket suspension goodies.  For the record, I've got a Matris fork kit, and the parts stick up past my triple over an inch.  Had to use a stock replacement bar. bang head bang head

The grips?  These puppies are beautiful, and I Loctite sealed the left grip screws into the bar.  The right grip?

The throttle housing and the grip didn't quite match.  Some Dremel sanding, some glue, and I'm good to go.

The best part... the grips are about 3/4" shorter than stock, so I was able to put the CRG mirrors on the bar instead of using the bar-end adaptors!! waytogo

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: