Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 10:33:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My name is sqweak, and I have a track day problem.  (Read 5947 times)
sqweak
WebGeeK

« on: May 15, 2008, 02:20:44 PM »

I did 2 days last week at 2 different tracks, and now I'm going through withdrawals.  I have another day scheduled for 6/20 but that's so far off.  I'm eyeing memorial day and considering going, even if I have to go alone.

I think I might have a problem. laughingdp

2007 S4R-T (street)
Black CRG Hindsight LS, Black CRG Roll-A-Click Levers, Black Rizoma Conical Handlebars, DP Open Airbox, Clear Alternatives Integrated LED Brakelight w/ Smoke Lens, Removed: Chopped (w/ Cookie's kit), Sidepods & Wiring relocated, Passenger pegs, Stickers

2001 Suzuki SV650 (track)
gm2

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 02:57:54 PM »

no you don't.  this is completely normal.

[moto]  waytogo

Like this is the racing, no?
darylbowden
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 03:47:04 PM »

I did 2 days last week at 2 different tracks, and now I'm going through withdrawals.  I have another day scheduled for 6/20 but that's so far off.  I'm eyeing memorial day and considering going, even if I have to go alone.

No Shit.  My IM window pops open daily with you pushing me to get out there with you.  And yes, it is normal.  And yes, I do need to get my ass to the track.
derby

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 05:03:38 PM »

No Shit.  My IM window pops open daily with you pushing me to get out there with you.  And yes, it is normal.  And yes, I do need to get my ass to the track.

you workin on memorial day?  Evil

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
sqweak
WebGeeK

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 05:41:38 PM »

he won't have a functional scoot by memorial day Wink

does your inquiry indicate you're interested in buttonwillow on the 26th? Grin

2007 S4R-T (street)
Black CRG Hindsight LS, Black CRG Roll-A-Click Levers, Black Rizoma Conical Handlebars, DP Open Airbox, Clear Alternatives Integrated LED Brakelight w/ Smoke Lens, Removed: Chopped (w/ Cookie's kit), Sidepods & Wiring relocated, Passenger pegs, Stickers

derby

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 05:56:57 PM »

i've been interested for about two weeks.

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
darylbowden
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 09:36:34 PM »

'tis true.  My scoot will be delivered to the shop by none other than Mr. Sqweak here next weekend so it won't be ready in time.  However, if anyone has an extra track bike laying around that they'd be willing to let me thrash around on, count me in. Wink
Red5

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 09:40:54 PM »

Done two dates this month already. 
Plan on doing another one for Memorial Day. 
Miniumum of two dates a month for the rest of the year, which I have written out in detail on my calender for all of the local tracks and track schools in my area.

So... no, you don't have a problem.  Anything less will be abnormal

Enjoyed your write-up on the CSS.  Welcome to the addiction.  Grin  waytogo

'02 Monster 750 Dark
'03 CBR954RR
'03 CBR600RR (track bike)
easydeluxe

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 02:09:28 PM »

I have the exact same problem...

I've been having these fantasies where I have my own racetrack and a house in the middle. I live there, ride my ducati's everyday...and you are all invited!
G

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 01:14:59 AM by easydeluxe » Logged
gm2

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 02:31:01 PM »

I've been having these fantasies where I have my own racetrack and a house in the middle. I live there, ride my ducati's everyday...and you are all invited!
G

speaking of that, i read in some hollywood rag last month about how brad & angelina just bought some huge estate in france, near the riveria.  big deal you say.  reportedly this was a property they wanted to buy some time ago but this time brad finally got the approval he wanted to build something on the property. 

...you guessed it.  his own track.

Like this is the racing, no?
sqweak
WebGeeK

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 04:28:08 PM »

G

you mean like this?

I would _so_ live there...y'know, if it weren't in BFE Georgia and stuff.

Any one wanna go in on a paddock lot? Grin

2007 S4R-T (street)

kutter

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 04:56:55 PM »

I don't know $31K a year in association fees is pretty steep, you better be making stupid kinds of jack to live there.

All my best ideas get me into trouble.

I am reminded of the immortal words of Socrates when he said, 'I drank what?!'

Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything..... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
sqweak
WebGeeK

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 05:26:20 PM »

the prime selling point is that the front straight can be used as a landing strip for your private jet and the lots (not houses, just the lots) start at about $675k...in rural georgia Roll Eyes

I'd say your assessment is pretty fair Grin
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 05:29:34 PM by sqweak » Logged

2007 S4R-T (street)

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 08:01:57 PM »

the prime selling point is that the front straight can be used as a landing strip for your private jet and the lots (not houses, just the lots) start at about $675k...in rural georgia Roll Eyes

I'd say your assessment is pretty fair Grin
has everything I'm looking for.... Grin

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

kutter

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 01:08:44 PM »

Well ducpainter, just build the board up nice and huge, find some soulless corporation to sell it to and go for it  Grin

I keed, I keed

All my best ideas get me into trouble.

I am reminded of the immortal words of Socrates when he said, 'I drank what?!'

Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything..... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: