Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 10:31:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ZARS (now with video!)  (Read 13313 times)
fasterblkduc

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2009, 04:41:19 AM »

Taping over your lights will reduce the distraction that they cause, and minimize the amount of broken glass and plastic on the track if your bike crashes. I'm surprised that she is allowing mirrors to remain. She is allowing them to be turned down out of the way instead of removing. Mirrors are a huge distraction on a closed course. This can be downright dangerous if you spend your time looking in a mirror, or worrying about who is behind you. When I do trackdays, or performance riding courses, I remove everything that I can. The value of those parts is high and breaking them hurts the wallet. If you tape, just use duct tape.

I would never consider riding on the street, track, or anywhere else without full gauntlet gloves. I've crashed enough times to know that if you slide at all, that extra protection is ALWAYS needed.
Can you borrow some from a friend? Or, check around for some used ones? If that is holding you up and you can't come up with a solution, you can borrow some from me, providing that they would fit. Send me a pm if you get stuck. Even if I don't have a pair that would fit, I'm sure that we could find a pair from someone.

Atomic Racing
Zalusky Advanced Riding School Lead instructor
2010 partners:
Komodo Gear, Motorex, Studio299, Moto Primo, Caztek, Chickenhawk
Vino900

In Vino Veritas

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2009, 08:03:24 AM »

OK. this time I will ride!!  (if it does not rain again)
I  will be at ZARS Fri May 22.  Anyone else?
Ulf Vino!

1999 900 SS i.e Track modified (right side)
fasterblkduc

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2009, 09:32:06 AM »

The rain was fun. I can honestly say that I've never slid a bike that much in one day...on pavement anyway. It was probably due to the brand spanking new street tires that I had on it combined with water...front end, back end, both ends  [moto]

I like what the rain does for people's confidence. A lot of people avoid the rain so when they get on a closed course with rain and work on cornering, they learn how to ride in those conditions. For most people, it's the only chance that you ever get to do that so the experience is very valuable. chug

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
atomic410

steel horse i ride

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2009, 10:02:06 AM »

Ulf Vino!

I'm in again, provided that said parts arive bacon

Team Atomic Racing  Check us out @  www.teamatomicracing.com
Thanks to my 2011 sponsors;
Motorex, Vortex Racing, Sidi Racing, Studio 299, Dunlop, Motoprimo, Caztek, On Track 4 Him, Fix Studio
2009 Framstad Cup winner
2009, 10, & 11 CRA 5 hour endurance race winner
CRA Expert #2
ZARS track school instructor
Major Slow

09 1198s 07 S4R 04 FLSTFI 04 XL1200C 66 cl77

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2009, 12:18:25 PM »

Ulf Vino!

do you trailer to the track?

You cannot argue with crazy because crazy is not willing to be convinced. Hell, it's not even willing to listen to the arguments.
Schwanger

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2009, 06:39:44 PM »

I have a couple questions regarding gear.  Is a textile jackets with pads acceptable and is it absolutely necessary to have gauntlet style gloves?  I would love to come on friday but I only have a textile jacket and shorty gloves.
Vino900

In Vino Veritas

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2009, 06:43:15 PM »

I have a couple questions regarding gear.  Is a textile jackets with pads acceptable and is it absolutely necessary to have gauntlet style gloves?  I would love to come on friday but I only have a textile jacket and shorty gloves.
You can borrow my extra 2-piece leathers and gloves if you want.  It should fit you well.
Ulf

Vino900

In Vino Veritas

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2009, 06:45:36 PM »

do you trailer to the track?
Yes I trailer the bike to the track.  It's already prepped with no turn signals/license/mirrors and all lights taped.
You coming?
Ulf Vino!

Major Slow

09 1198s 07 S4R 04 FLSTFI 04 XL1200C 66 cl77

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2009, 07:29:58 PM »

Yes I trailer the bike to the track.  It's already prepped with no turn signals/license/mirrors and all lights taped.
You coming?
Ulf Vino!
Do you have extra room on the trailer? That 1198 will pass anything but a gas station.

You cannot argue with crazy because crazy is not willing to be convinced. Hell, it's not even willing to listen to the arguments.
fasterblkduc

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2009, 02:46:06 AM »

John, don't worry about gas. I'll have a gas can there. You live in Bloomington? That's not that far to ride. If you still want to trailer, I may be able to help but this week is a bad one for that.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 02:51:33 AM by fasterblkduc » Logged

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
Vino900

In Vino Veritas

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2009, 04:27:08 AM »

Do you have extra room on the trailer? That 1198 will pass anything but a gas station.

My trailer is only set up for one bike.  Like Gabe said, we will have extra gas there so no worries.
You will not run out of gas for this evening session as there is a lot of class/downtime.
 Vino!

Schwanger

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2009, 01:42:38 PM »

I won't make it to this one either.  I have too much maintenance to do on the bike and not enough time between now and then to do it.  I'll get to one of these this summer.

Thanks Ulf and Gabe for the offers to borrow gear. 
fasterblkduc

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2009, 04:21:47 PM »

I won't make it to this one either.  I have too much maintenance to do on the bike and not enough time between now and then to do it.  I'll get to one of these this summer.

Thanks Ulf and Gabe for the offers to borrow gear. 

Don't worry, there's plenty more.
Ulf, actually there will be even more tracktime this Friday. We are doing thirty minute sessions back to back! So you will get more time in. There is a low number of students to instructors for this so it should be fun!

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
cyclops

We all wanna be like Rose-Guy :D

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2009, 07:23:54 PM »

So how do i get there ? Where is DCTC ? I might swing by on friday after work and watch u guys have fun ...
Vino900

In Vino Veritas

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2009, 07:49:58 PM »

Don't worry, there's plenty more.
Ulf, actually there will be even more tracktime this Friday. We are doing thirty minute sessions back to back! So you will get more time in. There is a low number of students to instructors for this so it should be fun!
Great I am excited!
  Will the track be open 4-5?
 Vino!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: