Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 07:21:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ZARS (now with video!)  (Read 13311 times)
fasterblkduc

« on: March 31, 2009, 03:46:23 AM »

Hey gang. I'm excited to announce that I will be instructing with Zalusky Advanced Riding School. I'm very excited at the opportunity to coach people with learning advanced riding skills. I'm hoping to see some of my peeps from here out there this year. There are two schools/venues this year and it's going to be great!
There is the advanced riding course at DCTC, and there is the trackday or school option at BIR! So far, two dates at BIR. The local advanced riding course has several Friday evenings on the schedule. This should work out nicely to go get some riding in after work on Friday, and still have the weekend with the family.  Wink  That should help those gentlemen here that are always requesting "kitchen passes" cheeky
Anyway, is anyone here thinking about taking the courses, or doing a trackday at BIR? Let me know. It would be great to see some of you guys and gals out there.
Here is the link to Jessica's website. It's seperated into the advanced riding school, and the trackday/school sections.
http://advancedridingschool.net/

For those that don't know Jessica Zalusky, our local AMA pro roadracer, here is the link to her website.
http://www.roadracinggirl.com/

So, what say you? Anyone coming out to learn with a little bit of playing sprinkled on top?  Grin
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 09:05:07 AM by fasterblkduc » Logged

Atomic Racing
Zalusky Advanced Riding School Lead instructor
2010 partners:
Komodo Gear, Motorex, Studio299, Moto Primo, Caztek, Chickenhawk
Major Slow

09 1198s 07 S4R 04 FLSTFI 04 XL1200C 66 cl77

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 02:42:42 PM »

Gabe,
Are you going to be at Grumpy's monday? I really would like to try to talk the brains of the operation into signing up for a class and I think she might listen to you.

You cannot argue with crazy because crazy is not willing to be convinced. Hell, it's not even willing to listen to the arguments.
fasterblkduc

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 05:23:13 PM »

Yes, I'll be there.

Anyone can take the classes on any bike...even you cheeky

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
Major Slow

09 1198s 07 S4R 04 FLSTFI 04 XL1200C 66 cl77

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 06:53:51 PM »

I probably need some learnin' more than most. But we kinda come as a pair. See you monday.

You cannot argue with crazy because crazy is not willing to be convinced. Hell, it's not even willing to listen to the arguments.
atomic410

steel horse i ride

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 08:34:40 AM »

I did this last night and it was a blast.  Was great to be able to ride around on a track for less than $150 and to not be worried about hitting some of the MN potholes that are abundant this time of year.  The course is fun and flows well, the instructors were great, friendly, and it was fun to talk bikes again.  Everything was great except for some smart-ass on a 900ss smack-talking my homemade tail section, my ass, and Mo's cat.  I would recomend people doing this I know I'll be doing it again. bacon

Team Atomic Racing  Check us out @  www.teamatomicracing.com
Thanks to my 2011 sponsors;
Motorex, Vortex Racing, Sidi Racing, Studio 299, Dunlop, Motoprimo, Caztek, On Track 4 Him, Fix Studio
2009 Framstad Cup winner
2009, 10, & 11 CRA 5 hour endurance race winner
CRA Expert #2
ZARS track school instructor
fasterblkduc

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 06:52:56 PM »

Everything was great except for some smart-ass on a 900ss smack-talking my homemade tail section, my ass, and Mo's cat.  

laughingdp good times

Last night was awesome! I would really like to see some of you guys on here go to one of these. You'll learn some things for sure and be hooked. I guarantee that you will learn something no matter what your skill level. Jessica's school has an incredible group of instructors.
For me, teaching people new skills and refining some skills that need it and seeing their excitement was awesome. I know that I'm hooked on instructing. chug

Ulf, are you planning any ZARS days? Or are you just doing the other schools.

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
fasterblkduc

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 09:23:05 AM »

First press release of the year for Jessica's school.  waytogo

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=36433

There are still spots available, I guarantee that anyone taking the class will learn something.

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
alligator

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 06:20:48 PM »

Okay, I saw the web site and I'm confused.  I have 3000+ miles under my belt, just not on my Ducati (which is new).  I'm looking for an "advanced course" (I use that term loosely) which is more than the MSF course.  I've never been to a track day, but would be willing to try.  What should I sign up for?
fasterblkduc

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 02:45:51 AM »

Okay, I saw the web site and I'm confused.  I have 3000+ miles under my belt, just not on my Ducati (which is new).  I'm looking for an "advanced course" (I use that term loosely) which is more than the MSF course.  I've never been to a track day, but would be willing to try.  What should I sign up for?

Sign up for the first timer course. That's recommended if you have not been to the course yet. You can go to one of the Friday night schools and it's just four hours long. Then you are ready for the beginner group. Or, go to one of the all day schools and you will start in the first timer group, then move to beginner that same day. This is for the training course at DCTC. It's not a racetrack but it's similar to one. You will be able to ride here like you never can on the street, and will learn tons of awesome information no matter what your skill level. From newer rider to experienced racer, there is something for everyone.

If you want to do a trackday, they are held at B.I.R. and are a whole other deal. I would not recommend doing that until you have some more seat time and have taken the school at DCTC first. chug

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
atomic410

steel horse i ride

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 07:25:23 AM »

I did the 1st timer last time and will do the beginer next time.  No matter how many homeruns you hit out of the park you still have to go to 1st base and so on before the run counts.   bacon

Motorex, Vortex Racing, Sidi Racing, Studio 299, Dunlop, Motoprimo, Caztek, On Track 4 Him, Fix Studio
2009 Framstad Cup winner
CRA Expert #2
alligator

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 08:18:59 AM »

Okay, I'm signed up for the first-time level in June.  This is exactly what I was looking for.
Vino900

In Vino Veritas

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 05:20:09 PM »

I am doing the ZARS school on Friday May 15.  Anyone else going?
 Vino!

1999 900 SS i.e Track modified (right side)
fasterblkduc

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 06:32:18 PM »

Cool, see ya there Ulf. And I may have my new camera mounted by then (working on a mount right now). If I get it done in time, I'll film you if you want.  chug

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
fasterblkduc

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 06:33:47 PM »

Okay, I'm signed up for the first-time level in June.  This is exactly what I was looking for.

June 26th?

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
atomic410

steel horse i ride

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 06:06:18 AM »

I am doing the ZARS school on Friday May 15.  Anyone else going?
 Vino!

yes + bacon

2009 Framstad Cup winner
CRA Expert #2
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: