Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 06:29:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing fuelling after exhaust mods  (Read 1817 times)
techno

« on: May 15, 2008, 04:39:27 PM »

Heres another tech topic that has previously been discussed at some length. Given the new board, its worth raising it again.

I have a 2005 S2R800. I got rid of the udder by having a custom mid pipe made and installed. I'm still running the standard end cans and standard air box and filter. I haven't touched the fuelling as it runs fine.

Now I'm after some more noise (the midpipe improves it) and looking for some aftermarket exhausts. i thought about coring the standard cans but I'm more comfortable just replacing them.

At what point do I need to adjust fuelling?

Can I leave it standard with the cat removed and aftermarket end cans?

Do I only need to adjust the fuelling if I open the airbox?

Lets hear your experiences.

Hey Techno you are a smart man.  waytogo

Had an accident in Tasmania? - www.tas-compo-law.com.au
Augustus

2007 S2R 1000

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 06:26:18 PM »

I got the full Termi with DP ECU.  The tech. tuned it during installation.  I would see how your bike runs, you should know if it needs some tweaking.
A.duc.H.duc.

944 ist sehr gut!

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 05:10:32 AM »

You "shouldn't" need to do any tuning if you're just opening up the exhaust. I've even seen a lot of bikes with pipes and airbox run just fine without tuning, but you'll probably be able to generate some horsepower after that.

With just pipes you haven't really reduced the overall air restriction of the system, so you shouldn't see a lean condition.

Again, this will all vary a little bit from bike to bike.

Justin

"Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: