Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 17, 2024, 02:25:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hmm... Fabrication?  (Read 6752 times)
SR1K_Femme

TWINS Basil, TWINS!!

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2009, 05:43:43 PM »

Not tonight... didn't realized he lived over in Clackamas area and the weather has been iffy all day.  Not too mention that wind bringing in our warm happy weather makes the wind chill that much worse. Sad

"Why, so serious!?"
SaltLick
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2009, 11:16:09 PM »

Alas they are stock.  Wow do they really look that good?!  Lol 

If your serious about coring them, i got all the tools youll need if you decide to do it. (Rivet gun, rivets, drill, metal cutting bits, dremel (have to get more cutting disks, i might have more) hammers. best to have billy cut them back with the metal cutting saw hes got. You want a good clean cut. Biggest pain in the ass is cutting the welds that hold the cap in place, and the welds holding the insert in the cap. Then banging the hell out of the insert until it pops out. Once thats done, you just drill the holes then use the rivet gun to put rivets in to hold the end cap in.  Then you paint them black if you want with some high temp paint. 
SR1K_Femme

TWINS Basil, TWINS!!

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2009, 01:16:51 AM »

Wow!!  Hmm, might have to check them out tomorrow on the ride!  Smiley

"Why, so serious!?"
SaltLick
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2009, 09:27:44 AM »

Wow!!  Hmm, might have to check them out tomorrow on the ride!  Smiley

well ill be going for a ride today but it will be later, my big plan was to drop my kid off at my moms then rush back here to be there by 11am, now i find out this morning i cant drop him off in NE portland until 1pm.  I love it when that happens. Such is life with a young kid.  bang head

oh well the bike season just started so there will be plenty more opportunities.
SR1K_Femme

TWINS Basil, TWINS!!

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2009, 02:28:48 PM »

Sorry ya missed it buddy. Sad  But 8Lives came along.  Thank god SOME Ducati was with me.  The jap bikes can get rather winey around my clutch.  Lol  Ride later??  Where abouts?

"Why, so serious!?"
SaltLick
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2009, 09:10:50 PM »

Sorry ya missed it buddy. Sad  But 8Lives came along.  Thank god SOME Ducati was with me.  The jap bikes can get rather winey around my clutch.  Lol  Ride later??  Where abouts?

Wound up going up skyline down cornelius pass road down to 30 and back to NW portland then back to beaverton.  Blah, i only had about an hour half to ride so i went the squidly route.
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2009, 06:17:22 AM »

chuck - You fabricate the tools you need to finish the job? Get any ride in?

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
NEIKOS
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2009, 07:37:43 AM »

Nah, I continued to use the punches and wrench got everything back on looked good . . . lowered her and the stem poked up.  Still about 1/4" off.

Tried putting the handlebar, controls, etc on and being 1/4" the cables wouldn't reach.

Pretty much stuck with a 1/2 assembled front end and a major case of frustration.

I did find the right tool on eBay for $19 bucks including shipping.  It left Wisconsin or some such place this morning so I'm trying to decide if I tear it all down a 4th time or just let it all go and have you swing by to trailer it to a pro . . .
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2009, 07:40:20 AM »

I did find the right tool on eBay for $19 bucks including shipping.  It left Wisconsin or some such place this morning so I'm trying to decide if I tear it all down a 4th time or just let it all go and have you swing by to trailer it to a pro . . .

Don't forget... all us yahoos with trailers will be doing the racing thing Wed - Saturday.

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
NEIKOS
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2009, 08:28:19 AM »

She's not expected until the 14th.  Not sure an early delivery would be appreciated.  I was gonna ask what his thoughts were before asking someone with a trailer if they wanted to go out for drinks  Wink
bnbmike

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2009, 08:46:50 AM »

Chuck,  you can do it.  You've gone this far, finish the job, don't give up.  These guys here will help you.

You will feel much better when it's done than writing a check.

I would not even try to do something like that, so I'm rooting for you.  bow down

Had 2001 Monster 750 Dark, last of the carbby's.
Has 2011 Multistrada 1200 ST
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: