Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 03, 2024, 04:19:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2006 S2R- I don't like the exhaust!!  (Read 39827 times)
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« on: April 04, 2009, 05:44:12 AM »

Hi, just got this bike:

And where there are a few things bothering me about it, what is bothering me most at the moment is the exhaust.  Is there something I can do that isn't super expensive so that I can get rid of all that aluminum?  Like carbon or something?

I'm a newb to this so any suggestions are really helpful.  I'm not terribly fond of the color, but I think if I can dark out some more things, it would make me happier.  But those pipes are really buggin' me (and the mirrors).

Thanks! =)

"Do something each day that scares you..."
scduc

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 06:05:12 AM »

Dude---- you just opened a huge can of worms. The are sooo many topics on exhaust here that it will give you a headache. Congrats on the bike. I actually like the color. I am sure it will grow on you. I to have pondered the idea of the exhaust as mine is an 08 S2R. There are several slip-on's available for many different prices. Check the "for sale" tag at the left. Also Sleeze-bay. Also check the sponsors. "Motowheels" has a good selection. First an foremost enjoy the ride. Mirror's will also go deep into topic. Consensus is "Rizoma" proto's. They fit the look.

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
Samsonite

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 06:12:25 AM »

Suzuki DS 80   Suzuki SP 125   Suzuki GSXR 1000   Ducati M600   Ducati SC 1000   Ducati S4R 1000   Ducati PS1000LE   Ducati 1098S   Yamaha YZFR 1000   Yamaha YZFR 600   Ducati Sport 900   Yamaha YSR 50   Triumph Daytona 600   2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 06:14:01 AM »

Also try MonsterParts.com for bits and mod parts.  

Is it just the finish of the cans that annoys you, or the routing of the entire system?  If it's the finish then you have some low $ options as you can remove the cans, mask off the ends and paint them black.  If it's the routing then there are other options too...  

Quat-D Ex-Box
MotoCreations BoomTubes
Termignoni Fish-Mouth shorty (don't know if it will fit the 800 but I've seen it on a 1000....)
Spark makes a dual high mount that puts one can on the Left side of the bike and the other on the right...

Good luck, mod with care and fore-thought, and ride safe!  (oh yeah, nice bike!  [moto] )

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
rockaduc

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 06:19:46 AM »

Lower those gauges!!!!!   cheeky

If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you.  If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.
Samsonite

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 06:22:25 AM »

its not mine

Suzuki DS 80   Suzuki SP 125   Suzuki GSXR 1000   Ducati M600   Ducati SC 1000   Ducati S4R 1000   Ducati PS1000LE   Ducati 1098S   Yamaha YZFR 1000   Yamaha YZFR 600   Ducati Sport 900   Yamaha YSR 50   Triumph Daytona 600   2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 07:23:43 AM »

Also try MonsterParts.com for bits and mod parts.  

Is it just the finish of the cans that annoys you, or the routing of the entire system?  If it's the finish then you have some low $ options as you can remove the cans, mask off the ends and paint them black.  If it's the routing then there are other options too...  

Quat-D Ex-Box
MotoCreations BoomTubes
Termignoni Fish-Mouth shorty (don't know if it will fit the 800 but I've seen it on a 1000....)
Spark makes a dual high mount that puts one can on the Left side of the bike and the other on the right...

Good luck, mod with care and fore-thought, and ride safe!  (oh yeah, nice bike!  [moto] )

Thanks.  I don't like the finish of the cans but I think I want to keep them both on one side since that is kinda the body styling of this year and where I want to mod it some, I want to stay true to what was intended. 

The only things I've seen so far have been like $1000 per can it seems. =(

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 07:29:16 AM »

just take them off then. Evil

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
scduc

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 07:36:56 AM »

Oops, Sorry that I called you dude. I didnt pay attention to your sig. It's good to see females choosing duc's. Good luck and keep us posted on your mods. Pics are always welcome.

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
skurvy

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 08:11:50 AM »

Quat-D titanium?  Grin motowheels  waytogo

« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 08:14:16 AM by skurvy » Logged
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 08:18:55 AM »

What are motowheels?

God I feel so stupid. =(

EDIT:  Duh.. its a website.  *facepalm*

Okay... is it hard to change the exhaust out yourself if you've never done it before or does it need to go to a shop.  I see a few on that site that I would like much better than what I have!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 08:27:12 AM by MsTek » Logged

Uncle Mofo

"Must Win Track Day" Uncle Mofo Racing 2007 S4RS

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 08:26:23 AM »

What are motowheels?

God I feel so stupid. =(
MotoWheels is an aftermarket parts, online store.    A cheap alternative if you are happy with the sound, would be to just have the all exhaust ceramic coated black.  Or get a few cans of high temp paint and spray away. 

2007 red S4Rs
skurvy

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 08:29:22 AM »

MotoWheels is one of the vendors on this site. They're out in Cali. I've ordered from them many times, great people, great customer service.

www.motowheels.com
DrDesmo

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 08:43:39 AM »

Love the bike! Welcome to the DMF.

There are loads of options when it comes to your exhaust. 

1.) Full System

-- This will replace everything from your engine back, and will remove the "udder" portion.  This will provide the greatest weight savings and performance benefit, however, you will need to have your fuel remapped with a power commander since you have a lot more airflow and will need more fuel to keep it running well.  Great sound, great looks, very recommended if you don't like the look of udder and want to get the most power possible.

2.) Slip Ons

-- Slipons will replace the exhaust cans and the pipes that go to the udder.  This will give you the classic Ducati sound  Evil and shave some weight off.  These do not require any remapping of your fuel delivery and are less expensive than a full system.  On most systems you can start here and then get the midpipe to get rid of the udder at a later point.  *note how in this picture the "cow udder" is still underneath the bike, versus just pipes like #1.

3.) Homemade

-- Homemade systems are available as well!  You can get a set of tips from an autoparts catalog and connect them directly to your udder.  Whether you like this look or not, it's quite cheap ($50?)

4.) BoomTubes

http://www.motocreations.com/exhausts.asp

-- Made by a DMF sponsor (MotoCreations) these are a very minimalistic approach and can be purchased without baffles for the ultimate in  Evil=

Take a peek this thread, it has lots of options and great pictures! http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=7822.0

Just a heads up - most exhausts that will work with a '04-'05 Monster S4R will work on your bike too.

My personal favorite is the Arrow CF system on my S4R.  Great sound, awesome finish ... Mine are polished as well for the extra bling factor  Smiley

Cheers,
Adam

'95 916
'12 800XC
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 08:51:19 AM »

^^ THANK YOU!!!  Now it's making more sense to me!! =D

I like your pipes.  But since I have a cost issue at the moment, the slip ons seem the best choice.  Anything to get rid of all that silver and darken the bike up a little more. =)

When you get covers for the pipes, do you have to pay for each one or is the cost for both of them?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: