Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 11:52:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speedometer cable mod question.  (Read 2667 times)
Christophe

« on: May 16, 2008, 08:37:06 AM »

In attempting to make my 1994 M900 look as clean as possible I have been re-routing wires throughout the frame and tucking them away from sight. I noticed that the later model Monsters, around 2000 and up, do not have a speedometer cable coming up from their front wheel. I am not sure where Ducati placed this part or if they use an entirely different system for the speedo.
My question is, has anyone with an early model Monster been able to find an alternative to the speedo cable besides not having at all?  I guess this would be considered a good topic Acess/Mod for the earlier Monsters.

Thanks

Christophe
Some Dude

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 10:24:25 AM »

I just ordered one of these To help clean up the front end a little bit.  It runs with a magnet and a sensor.  I'll mount the it on the rear wheel and it should be less noticable.

http://www.electrosport.com/products/product-detail-341.php

Bike Info
99 m900s                                                Sbk forks
41mm FCR's
Dyna coils
944 hi comp pistons
heads ported and polished
larger valves
new valves and cams
aluminum fly wheel & clutch basket
bacon                                                                                              bacon                                                                                          [
Juan

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 12:05:39 PM »

I believe 2000 and Up have them coming from the rear wheel, with a magnet just as Christophe has explained on his post. My 620 (2002) has it that way, and so does my M1k, and Multistrada, both year 05.

Redlined50

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 03:36:58 AM »

I believe 2000 and Up have them coming from the rear wheel, with a magnet just as Christophe has explained on his post. My 620 (2002) has it that way, and so does my M1k, and Multistrada, both year 05.

my 2001 600 has a cable from the front wheel
Christophe

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 03:49:44 PM »

I just ordered one of these To help clean up the front end a little bit.  It runs with a magnet and a sensor.  I'll mount the it on the rear wheel and it should be less noticable.

http://www.electrosport.com/products/product-detail-341.php

Looks like a good product! You should definitely make a post one you have it installed. The new connections would be a bit tricky I suppose and installing the magnet sensor could cause some problems. I remember installing the magnet sensor on my old enduro computer and it required a custom fabricated part (unless you own a KTM).

Lemme know how it goes. waytogo

Thanks,

Christophe
Some Dude

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 05:20:05 PM »

I will as soon as I get it here.  I'll try to do a write up when I install it.

Bike Info
99 m900s                                                Sbk forks
41mm FCR's
Dyna coils
944 hi comp pistons
heads ported and polished
larger valves
new valves and cams
aluminum fly wheel & clutch basket
bacon                                                                                              bacon                                                                                          [
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: