Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 09:07:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Classic Termi Pipes  (Read 2497 times)
FireInTheHole

« on: May 16, 2008, 09:49:28 AM »

I'm thinking of going with the classic Termi pipes on my S2R 800.  Can anybody give me some input on performance, sound, and issues I might run into with this?  I am not sure of what they will sound like so if any of you have a sound clip with them that would be great.  I'm also thinking of powder coating them but am not sure.   

2006 S2R 800
Austin, TX
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 11:34:59 AM »

Classic?  Not sure what pipes you mean... got a link to what you're talking about?

Oh, and FYI, you might get a better response to this sort of questions in Accessories & Mods - more people check that section

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
FireInTheHole

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 11:54:29 AM »

Some like Cromo's

Or like the GT1000's

and if a Mod can tranfer this thread to the Mod section it would be much appreciated.  I posted here because of the performance curiosity.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 12:01:23 PM by FireInTheHole » Logged

2006 S2R 800
Austin, TX
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 12:57:38 PM »

The sound will be raspy and metallic.  It's not quite the low thump people are used to from the CF pipes.  It's harsher, sounds mean - I'm not saying it sounds bad at all jsut different.  Some of the best sounding pipes i heard were the full system ti pipes for sport classics from Zard.  They sounded like something was being run over a grater... They rasped, they had a paricular 'clack' to them on decel... just mean and bad ass.

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
teddy037.2
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 01:15:36 PM »

I'm not certain you can run those pipes on an S*R... the udder exits on the right for both pipes.

I imagine you'd have to do something creative in regard to pipes and hangars to get it work.
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 03:06:42 PM »

The pic of the sport classic is of a 2 into 1 set.  One of the locals around here was running something like that, that was done for the 900. 

I zoned out on the fact that it's an s2r bike.  That might make for some troubles.  The ones chromo has are for DSS monsters. 

You might be able to find some 2nd hand ARC fab slip on megaphones for your bike.  You can't get them new as ARC seems to have shut down. 

There's marvings
http://www.roadproof.it/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=42&products_id=306&language=eg&osCsid=d0d33a01cd78953a778efcd1919ba414

Choromos pipe
http://www.monsterparts.com/pc/DP-OS-CHROME/Exhaust/DP-OS-CHROME.html

- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
FireInTheHole

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 08:11:59 AM »

I'm not certain you can run those pipes on an S*R... the udder exits on the right for both pipes.

I imagine you'd have to do something creative in regard to pipes and hangars to get it work.

I was thinking of running a straight pipe and taking out the udder.  maybe some kind of cross-over rather than a two-into-one system.

The pic of the sport classic is of a 2 into 1 set.  One of the locals around here was running something like that, that was done for the 900. 

I zoned out on the fact that it's an s2r bike.  That might make for some troubles.  The ones chromo has are for DSS monsters. 

You might be able to find some 2nd hand ARC fab slip on megaphones for your bike.  You can't get them new as ARC seems to have shut down. 

There's marvings
http://www.roadproof.it/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=42&products_id=306&language=eg&osCsid=d0d33a01cd78953a778efcd1919ba414

Choromos pipe
http://www.monsterparts.com/pc/DP-OS-CHROME/Exhaust/DP-OS-CHROME.html

Thank you...looks like I will have to be inventive if I want to do it.  I'm not sure how the S2R will sound with something like this but that classic sound is so sweet.  Something about the new systems mutes it and makes it sound too....refined.

2006 S2R 800
Austin, TX
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: