Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 20, 2024, 11:23:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rizoma Bar and stock fly screen on 696?  (Read 2573 times)
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2009, 08:04:11 AM »

Thanks for the info. That helps. How is everyone drilling the holes in them though? I neither have my own drill nor know anyone who has one. What is the next best option to getting them? Take it to a shop? (just wondering)

Then I guess you don't have a Dremel to grind down the knob which goes into the hole. Even if you did, some/most people prefer to have the hole to be sure the controls stays where they should. If you can spend the cost of labor (1 hour?) - take it to a (any) shop and let them change the bars and put everything back safely and without hassle. Some people think this job is very easy and like to do it themselves, but some of us like the comfort and security of having professional help. If you want to learn, you could ask to watch the tech who is doing it.

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
ashent

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 09:26:37 PM »

Then I guess you don't have a Dremel to grind down the knob which goes into the hole. Even if you did, some/most people prefer to have the hole to be sure the controls stays where they should. If you can spend the cost of labor (1 hour?) - take it to a (any) shop and let them change the bars and put everything back safely and without hassle. Some people think this job is very easy and like to do it themselves, but some of us like the comfort and security of having professional help. If you want to learn, you could ask to watch the tech who is doing it.

Yeah. I think I will do it myself. Its interesting and fun both. If it does not work, then take it to the shop  Grin

Thanks for the tips anyway. This is a great forum is a load of information.

waytogo
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: