Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 02:18:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 02 Manipulator  (Read 2615 times)
WhiteStripe

Monster Addiction

« on: May 21, 2009, 05:28:19 AM »

I am new to my '06 S2R.  For the first 1,000 miles chalked the surging up to my inexperience on the throttle, bad roads, bad gas etc.  Having done some reading it is some releif to see i am not alone Undecided

I am trying to avoid going to a full Termi system until this winter (for a variety of reasons, budget included).

Can anyone comment on the FatDuc 02 manipulator.  is that the way to go?  are there other DIY solutions or board members that have put together a fix.

Thanks for helping on a topic that i know has been discussed to death.

Tim

2006 S2R 1000, Arrow CF exhaust, FatDuc 02, CF open cc with stock pp
lwszabo

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 05:39:21 AM »

I am new to my '06 S2R.  For the first 1,000 miles chalked the surging up to my inexperience on the throttle, bad roads, bad gas etc.  Having done some reading it is some releif to see i am not alone Undecided

I am trying to avoid going to a full Termi system until this winter (for a variety of reasons, budget included).

Can anyone comment on the FatDuc 02 manipulator.  is that the way to go?  are there other DIY solutions or board members that have put together a fix.

Thanks for helping on a topic that i know has been discussed to death.

Tim

if you are planning on the full termi system this winter just live with the surging until then, no need to waste cash. Try unplugging the o2 sensor it has worked in the past.
dezoe
·······························

S2R 1000 2008 red

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 01:55:15 PM »

'06 S2R? Is it the 800 or the 1000? I don't think the 800 have an O2 sensor..
If you have the '06 S2R 1000 I would try unplugging the sensor first, as lwszabo suggested.
If you're interested in the Fatduc maipulator there is lots of information on this board;

http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=16051.0   (experience with Fatduc)
http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=14129.0   (experience with Fatduc - mine included)
http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=655.0   (loong thread, lots of info, lots of pages..)

for more, search the forum

S2R 1000 2008 red - Arrow Ti slip-on, FatDuc, tail chop, cheap led indicators     620ie 2004 red *sold*

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!  - Homer Simpson 
topangster

"That's not a silly walk. THIS is a silly walk!"

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 02:00:31 PM »

I have an 08 s2r 1K which had serious surging/lurching problems at low speed and constant throttle.  I installed a RapidBike 02 Emulator (same idea as the Manipulator, but cost 3 times as much.)  It made a VERY noticeable difference.  The bike is much smoother now, not a pregnant dog to ride around town, not so abrupt coming on and off throttle, etc.  Very worthwhile fix - finally felt like the bike rode the way a brand-new motorcycle should, and it didn't cost me $2000 to get there.

The Manipulator has gotten nothing but great reviews, only costs $90 and comes with a money-back guarantee.  What have you got to lose?  You have a whole riding season ahead of you if you're planning to do Termis in the winter, don't waste it with a crappy riding bike.  

Topangster

btw - unplugging the O2 sensor does smooth out the ride, but you lose a considerable amount of punch by doing so.  Runs VERY rich, and definitely has less snappy throttle response.  The Manipulator will make the ride smoother without costing you any power.

2008 S2R 1000 - tail chop, MFW-Vario rearsets, RB 02 Emulator, Tomaselli clip-ons, Spark mid-pipe, cored stockers
Paegelow

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 03:55:00 PM »

I had a FatDuc for a while, and it worked awesome.  Definitely worth the money!
HeyThatsMyBike

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 01:02:43 AM »

+1 Using one right now on my 695. Its definitely got rid of those Ducati hiccups...

Flying low Wink
'08 695 Dark
ProTeal55

HalfFastChicago.Com

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 05:47:36 AM »

Another happy FatDuc customer here.
Had it on for a few hundread miles and the bike is def. smoother than it was before..

Before the FatDuc I had the O2 unplugged and while it did help the bike run abit smoother, as said above
the big did loose a decent amount of power up high.

FatDuc is the way to go...

ProTeal55 a.k.a JoeyCocks a.k.a Joe
Member: Half Fast Chicago

http://www.HalfFastChicago.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: