Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 10:08:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rearsets -- Down and Back  (Read 8559 times)
COWBOY

« on: May 16, 2008, 12:04:56 PM »

Anyone aware (or member vendors sell) rearsets that adjust down and back like the Cyclecats used to?

With the rear raised and the clip ons low the stock postition is more aggressive than a 1098 as far as knee bend goes.  There's plenty of room and clearance to go down and back but CycleCat no longer makes their's and Sato's and Rizoma's don't allow it.

Options? Ideas? Thoughts?  CycleCats for S*R for Sale (PM me now!!!!!).

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 12:10:17 PM by COWBOY » Logged

2005 S2R -- Mods installed: DP termi full racing kit, ST4 Forks, S4R rear shock, 999 Radial Brake and Clutch MCs, 4 pot Brembo Calipers, 320mm Snowflake rotors, SBK Quick change carrier, 43T rear sproket, Tomaselli Clip Ons, Cyclecat Frame Sliders, ASV Levers, zero indicators, Supernova taillight
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 12:25:22 PM »

Here are some other rear sets:

Back and Down:
MFW-Vario system
OM Fussrastenanlage on DesmoWorld/shop/F/fussrasten/S4R-S2R (potentially)

Up and Back:
Sato
Rizoma
DP rear sets

Up and Front:
Riding House

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 12:56:11 PM by CDawg » Logged
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 12:39:24 PM »

Here are some other rear sets:

Back and Down:
MFW-Vario system
OM Fussrastenanlage on DesmoWorld/shop/F/fussrasten/S4R-S2R

Up and Back:
Sato
Rizoma
DP rear sets

Up and Front:
Riding House

Thank you for taking this one CDawg, I was afraid of getting banned for sales-rep-like repeating the MF-Wolf Vario System suggestion Cheesy
BTW MonsterParts have them.

Did we establish that the ones from DesmoWorld will go down compared to stock? In that case; how far?

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
COWBOY

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 12:47:29 PM »

thanks for the quick replies.

anyone got a link to info on the MF-Wolf system.  No pics on monsterparts and not alot of information about them.

I'm digging through Desmoworld now.

2005 S2R -- Mods installed: DP termi full racing kit, ST4 Forks, S4R rear shock, 999 Radial Brake and Clutch MCs, 4 pot Brembo Calipers, 320mm Snowflake rotors, SBK Quick change carrier, 43T rear sproket, Tomaselli Clip Ons, Cyclecat Frame Sliders, ASV Levers, zero indicators, Supernova taillight
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 12:57:05 PM »

Did we establish that the ones from DesmoWorld will go down compared to stock? In that case; how far?

Sorry, I should have been more clear.  Not confirmed.  Asking the wife to help with translations right now...
COWBOY

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 12:58:37 PM »

cool i was just about to look up Chris' email address and shoot out the question.  so you got a reply then or is she translating the site info?

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 01:02:17 PM »

Yup:
http://www.mfw-wolf.de/en/rasten_vario.php?marke=10&markenname=Ducati

The adjustment is in eight positions, 45 degrees each. The racing foot pegs aren't very wide, but total width is a little more than stock, as the pegs are mounted a little bit out because of the adjustable peg carrier. The system is: bike specific adapter, universal 23/30 mm eccentric arm plus the universal pegs.

CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 01:20:43 PM »

cool i was just about to look up Chris' email address and shoot out the question.  so you got a reply then or is she translating the site info?

Nothing too helpful...special material, weight spec, comes with blemish, blah, blah, blah...
COWBOY

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 01:20:48 PM »

Yup:
http://www.mfw-wolf.de/en/rasten_vario.php?marke=10&markenname=Ducati

The adjustment is in eight positions, 45 degrees each. The racing foot pegs aren't very wide, but total width is a little more than stock, as the pegs are mounted a little bit out because of the adjustable peg carrier. The system is: bike specific adapter, universal 23/30 mm eccentric arm plus the universal pegs.

How does the adjustment affect shifting?  It appears like this would impact reaching the bar with the bottom back position due to a significant angle difference.

Has this been an issue?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 01:24:39 PM by COWBOY » Logged

COWBOY

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 01:23:31 PM »

Nothing too helpful...special material, weight spec, comes with blemish, blah, blah, blah...

I've sent him an email.  I'll post his reply.

CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 01:42:30 PM »

I really like the look of these.  Not currently avail for the S4RS.
I think is goes back 3cm and down 8'

http://www.gillestooling.com/produkt_dateien/presentation_engl/VCR_D01_presentation_engl.pdf

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 01:45:51 PM by CDawg » Logged
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 01:47:50 PM »

How does the adjustment affect shifting?  It appears like this would impact reaching the bar with the bottom back position due to a significant angle difference.

Has this been an issue?

You mean issues with clearance between foot peg and toe peg? It depends on your shoe size, I guess.  The back/down position with the 30 mm arm will create an added distance of, let me guess, about 20 mm. If your toe pegs are on the tip of your feet today, you'd might have a problem. Check it and make sure. On TOB there was at least one guy who said there was no problems adjusting the gear/brake lever down to maintain the stock geometry, if indeed you don't want to change that - which might be, or not be, a good idea.

COWBOY

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 02:04:35 PM »

You mean issues with clearance between foot peg and toe peg? It depends on your shoe size, I guess.  The back/down position with the 30 mm arm will create an added distance of, let me guess, about 20 mm. If your toe pegs are on the tip of your feet today, you'd might have a problem. Check it and make sure. On TOB there was at least one guy who said there was no problems adjusting the gear/brake lever down to maintain the stock geometry, if indeed you don't want to change that - which might be, or not be, a good idea.

the geometry was what i was referring to.  in my head at least I picture needing to move foot an extra 12 to 25mm (1/2" to 1" if metric conversion is right in my head.) due to the angle change and the wider arc needed to reach it.

adjusting the lever of course would solve this completely.  These look interesting and if these OM rearsets don't work out to my satisfaction then I'll be giving your MFW's a go.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Cheers.

I really like the look of these.  Not currently avail for the S4RS.
I think is goes back 3cm and down 8'

http://www.gillestooling.com/produkt_dateien/presentation_engl/VCR_D01_presentation_engl.pdf

I like the look of those as well. Shame there isn't a version for the S*R.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 02:10:11 PM by COWBOY » Logged

LUKE

07 S4RT Green Bay, WI

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 02:08:05 PM »

Rizomas go down and back.  Lots more comfy.

COWBOY

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 02:10:50 PM »

Really?  I'd read on TOB that they did not.  do you have them?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: