Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 08:39:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ride to Pueblo - Sunday 4/26?  (Read 2935 times)
Bick
Post Whore

« on: April 22, 2009, 06:55:15 PM »

Going to head down to Pueblo on Sunday to watch a little MRA action.

Anyone know what condition 67 and 9 are in?

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 05:54:34 AM »

Hi Bick,   I haven't been up that direction in a while, but I will take a scout ride Fri. or Sat. morning for You, get an idea what this side is like.   I know the chip seal portions on hwy.9 will be loose after this winter, as usual.  do you want to run through Cripple Creek  or around to Hartsel ?,   Give Me a hollar... [moto]

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 06:45:34 AM »

I think (and this hinges on road conditions) to go around Cripple Creek - 24 to 9, like we did last year.

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
KRJ

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 08:49:48 AM »

Sounds good,  I'll run hwy. 9 toward Hartsel ( hwy. 24 ) and check it out.   hope to go fri. after work....do a venison run.

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 07:49:05 PM »

Sounds good,  I'll run hwy. 9 toward Hartsel ( hwy. 24 ) and check it out.   hope to go fri. after work....do a venison run.
Careful, I've done the venison run before and I can promise you there are easier ways to kill a deer than using a motorcycle.  Undecided

Shocked Grin

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
KRJ

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 05:14:49 AM »

Hello, Scottish....How are Ya ??       You're right, there are better ways, when I was driving Kenworth's we had "Venison on the grille", but the motorcycle is a much more sporting challenge !!! laughingdp laughingdp

Scottish
Balls!

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 10:23:18 AM »

Yeah, I'm all about sporting. I once killed a grizzly bear with a loose-leaf notebook.  Shocked

laughingdp
I'm doing good how are you and Shannon? Are you guys planning to make Ouray?

bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 10:56:59 AM »

I did the ride to Bishop's Castle on Tuesday, on down to Colorado City, than back up to the Castle, left at the T to Silver Cliff, up through Texas Creek and then back in on 50.  There were about three patches of gravel that crossed the whole road en route to the Castle, but most stayed in the center or outside of the lane. 

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
KRJ

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 01:06:38 PM »

OH,  YEAH....Ouray is a positive!!!!          We are all doin' great,  still employed and healthy, can't ask for much more.

going to denver tomorrow to pick up a '78 KZ1000 policemodel, just had to buy it. Will post pics, before I strip it to build the cafe` [moto]

Scottish
Balls!

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 11:57:15 PM »

OH,  YEAH....Ouray is a positive!!!!          We are all doin' great,  still employed and healthy, can't ask for much more.

going to denver tomorrow to pick up a '78 KZ1000 policemodel, just had to buy it. Will post pics, before I strip it to build the cafe` [moto]
make the beast with two backs yeah! Love the old liters..... my GS1100e was a beast. Can't wait.... you should do a thread!

KRJ

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 02:51:22 PM »

Hey Bick,  didn't make it all the way to Hartsel, but the road was fine, a bit frillie around the edges, but still good. Deer were out in force, mostly on Fremont side, but right in the road!!!   Beware....

Scottish, scored the KZ,a bit rough but all original and no sign of ever falling over, am taking pictures for a build history,is going to be fun!!      Nothing like butchering a police bike, while drinking beer of course drink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: