Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 07:49:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks for spamming DML  (Read 4427 times)
de5m0mike

« on: May 16, 2008, 06:31:24 PM »

It sounds like you guys are probably getting pretty tired of the DML vs DMF crap that seems to be going on a lot on both sites but I have something I want to say. Thanks for "spamming" the old site and letting me know where you guys have been hiding out. I was a long time member of the dml but had been away for about a year. Life got busy for a while with buying a new house and a lot of other stuff. BTW my bike now has it's own garage. Nice!!! Anyway, I came back to the DML to see what was going on with the new 696 and was pretty disturbed by what I saw. At first I thought maybe it was just because I had been away for so long and that the community had changed over time. I was sad but willing to deal with it because of how much I loved the old dml. Fortunately it didn't take too long, thanks to someone's "spamming"  as they are calling it I now know what happened to everyone. So even though I hate spamming, thanks.

BTW, why is everyone so pissed at some guy for buying the DML? Shouldn't we be more pissed at the guy who sold it? I say we leave them alone and try to be nice. Only occasionally letting them know we are here.

Later
Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 06:39:06 PM »

It's funny you mention all the spamming going on over there.

Right after VS took over I noticed I was getting an unusual amount of spam in my inbox. So just for kicks I changed my contact email at the DML to an address that I almost never use and guess what, it's totally infested with spam now.

What a bunch of... Lips Sealed

I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions.

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Juan

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 06:53:39 PM »

Welcome home de5m0mike   drink

Grappa

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 07:11:49 PM »

Have you ever watched kids build a beautifully intricate sand-castle?  They take great care and much of their time getting it just right, then just when it's done, they smash the CRAP out of it and TRASH it to death!  Have you ever seen that?  Have you?   Cheesy Wink

Ahh... but the servant waits, while the master baits.

Sometimes Aloha means Goodbye.
ejw24

'06 M620 - The Radical Red Racer #2

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 07:26:36 PM »

It's funny you mention all the spamming going on over there.

Right after VS took over I noticed I was getting an unusual amount of spam in my inbox. So just for kicks I changed my contact email at the DML to an address that I almost never use and guess what, it's totally infested with spam now.

What a bunch of... Lips Sealed

I noticed the same thing so I changed my email address there.  Whoever bob@aol.com is, I'm really sorry.

I'm having a failure to thrive...
Kaveh

Dirka Dirka

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 08:51:27 PM »

I noticed the same thing so I changed my email address there.  Whoever bob@aol.com is, I'm really sorry.

I did the same thing before I left and asked to get my account deleted.

Sorry to whoever is at: VSsucksass@make the beast with two backsyou.com   laughingdp

darylbowden
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 02:49:13 PM »

You know what's REALLY funny about this?  Whenever I'm doing QA on a site that I'm developing or for someone else, I use bob@aol.com.  I guess just cause it's easy?  I dunno.  If there really is a bob@aol.com, I bet he has some crazy spam filtering to keep himself sane.
Cucciolo

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 04:19:36 PM »

BTW, why is everyone so pissed at some guy for buying the DML? Shouldn't we be more pissed at the guy who sold it?

I agree with this. But I understand if he/they got tons of money for selling it.. How much ??
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 04:40:02 PM »

,snip.
BTW, why is everyone so pissed at some guy for buying the DML? Shouldn't we be more pissed at the guy who sold it? <snip>
If you feel a need to be angry at someone...go for it.

I'm just glad we have this place.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 05:30:23 PM »

If you feel a need to be angry at someone...go for it.

I'm just glad we have this place.

+1

I'm sure Jeff had no idea what VS was planning on doing to TOB. Plus, building something from scratch, making it profitable and then selling it is the American way. It's called business. And while I still have a hair across my ass about what happened to the old site there is nothing I/we can do about it now.

As far as I'm concerned the DMF is THE place now and it's beginning to feel alot like TOB.

I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions.

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Cucciolo

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 05:36:51 PM »

I wish all the good threads on the old site could be copy pasted here.. or migrated to this forum.. I am a new Duc owner and I keep searching the old forum for some questions.
T-byrd

Yellow, not the fastest color...just the most fun.

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 05:42:18 PM »

I wish all the good threads on the old site could be copy pasted here.. or migrated to this forum.. I am a new Duc owner and I keep searching the old forum for some questions.

That's exactly what we need here.  We need you and everyone else to ask questions so we can re-build that base here.

Please, ask away!  waytogo

T

00 M900, Il Cianghiale
Cucciolo

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 06:56:20 PM »

That's exactly what we need here.  We need you and everyone else to ask questions so we can re-build that base here.

Please, ask away!  waytogo

T

I started already!! if you can add and help me get my dry clutch easier on my left hand.. that would be great!
look here:
http://ducatimonsterworldwide.org/index.php?topic=2362.0;topicseen
Labbedds

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 09:36:02 PM »

I've gotten about 75 spam emails since the VS takeover.  Never had spam in my gmail acct till VS, ads on the board are ok because it's revenue to keep the site, but when you screw with my email that's where I draw the line. Angry I'll send Chuck norris to roundhouse kick VS back to Windows 98 Beyotch.

Wawawiwa
DJ

'94 M900, aka 'Angelina'

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 02:00:24 PM »

So, funny little thing. I previously tried to change my email to a fake one. System didn't take it. So I emailed them asking them to delete my account.

Today I thought I'll add a known good, but totally bogus email. I get a message saying 'thanks for changing your email address, we're now going to send a mail to verify it's existance". Ha!

Now, imagine how much extra time and money is being spent to 'deal' with all these little things. Grin

Open airbox, K&amp;N, FCRs, Dynas, custom Yoshi slip-ons, custom clutch, some CC stuff and other assorted, naughty bits that make my wife worry...
Pics & Mods
Irish Club ----- iDOC
US Club ------- DesmoNorthwest
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: