Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 09:57:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Balaclava help  (Read 8507 times)
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 09:23:29 PM »

You could easily make a pattern of your own by cutting up one that fits you. Just make sure you cut it from ear to ear over the top of your head.

Good idea, thanks! Smiley

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
mangeldbug

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 08:17:53 AM »

This doesn't help with the cold head issue, but my Scorpion helmet has removable liners and cheek pads that I just throw in the washer.  This is nice for your everyday helmet, but is especially invaluable for a track day helmet.  My track helmet gets sweaty nasty funky!

2002 M750Si.e. "Senna" - Meravigliosa, Mera for short
2017 390 Duke Commuter
2001 XT225 Zombie Assault Vehicle
1987 YSR50 #116 race bike
skxf430

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 06:43:49 PM »

I use one of these http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=1036
and it works really well.  Keeps me warm and cuts the wind down.  And, is made specifically for riding so they keep the material fairly thin.
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 08:06:01 PM »

I use one of these http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=1036
and it works really well.  Keeps me warm and cuts the wind down.  And, is made specifically for riding so they keep the material fairly thin.

Thanks for the tip! Smiley  Unfortunately that one is one size fits all so it will be too big and it is full of seams so I doubt it will solve my original issue.

sugarcrook

Facultative Carnivore

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2009, 07:04:25 PM »

I just got my gf a Buff for Xmas: https://www.buffwear.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/1

No seams, different materials (including merino wool) and loads of colors.  Hope this helps. 

2013 BMW R1200R
2008 BMW K1200GT (Traded)
2007 Ducati Monster 695 (Sold)
KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

still wearing the tin foil hat

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 06:37:31 AM »

yay for reviving old threads!

as i was lookign around i started thinking about your issue with the lines left by seams.
are you trying to keep you whole head warm or jsut keep the wind off of your neck?

how about something like this?
http://www.mfiap.com/halo/helmax.htm

also, all of the balaclavas that i have found have flat seams which will still leave marks.
some of them are actually sized S, M, and L though.

Life, alas is very drear. Up with the glass and down with the beer!
Seriously, when i am 800years old i want to rock like Lemmy! it is a religion that requires lots of determination, drugs, and Marshall stacks.

now with clavicle of steel (stainless) wrist o' steel (11/2011)
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 08:52:03 AM »

as i was lookign around i started thinking about your issue with the lines left by seams.
are you trying to keep you whole head warm or jsut keep the wind off of your neck?

Thanks for the bump and the input. waytogo

I'm trying to keep my face warm.  I also have a neck scarf that I use almost all the time (without issues) and that keeps my neck comfy.  For some reason, even though I keep all my helmet vents closed, I still feel lots of cold air coming in.

If all had I was a line left from a flat seam, it might not be so bad, but even my S-sized balaclava bunches up and I get the wrinkle marks.  I may try pinning it in the back to see if holding it more taut helps out.

KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 12:06:10 PM »

Thanks for the bump and the input. waytogo

I'm trying to keep my face warm.  I also have a neck scarf that I use almost all the time (without issues) and that keeps my neck comfy.  For some reason, even though I keep all my helmet vents closed, I still feel lots of cold air coming in.

If all had I was a line left from a flat seam, it might not be so bad, but even my S-sized balaclava bunches up and I get the wrinkle marks.  I may try pinning it in the back to see if holding it more taut helps out.

the air might be coming in from the underside of the helmet. look inot the foggy guard or i believe it's called "windjammer" which is basically a gasket that fits tight around your neck to keep the wind out of your helmet.

Seriously, when i am 800years old i want to rock like Lemmy! it is a religion that requires lots of determination, drugs, and Marshall stacks.

badgalbetty

its never too late to be who you might have been

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 06:56:41 PM »

I have a neck warmer from Cycle gear. Its most excellent cost is around $25.00 or so. Awesome product, forgot what it is called though, Wind and cold resistant. Simply fit over your head and neck and then do your jacket up. It usually sits just under my nose so my neck is never exposed to the cold in the winter.Does not cover my head like a balaclava.

"Its never too late to be who you might have been" - George Elliot.
KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2009, 02:25:54 PM »

p- i found this one in the closet this morning. i forgot i bought it. it's only got a fleece neck instead of the goretex one i usually use, but it stopped the wind at 30 degrees well enough. the seams are also pretty nice. they are the flat seams, but they are smaller than my other ones and don't have the same amt of stitching.

http://www.spyder.com/Girls-Accessories-Hats/GIRLS-SHELTER-BALACLAVA-5950.html?color=677

if you don't want the hot pink look at the boys section, still small, and black. (this one is easier to see the definition on)
mine def makes my helmet tighter, but the seams arent' bad at all. i didn't notice any lines when i got to work or got home today.
i also put the hood further up on my head so it doens't come down and obstruct my field of view as i put my helmet on. i use it in conjunction with the foggy breath guard and have no trouble (except when a mustache hair gets turned the wrong way and goes up my nose  laughingdp)

somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2009, 02:59:46 PM »

Thanks T!  I found one place that carries the girls version in black as well, good thing as I'm not sure MrI would come near me with the big spider on the boys version.  I'll have to check it out.
http://www.ski-n-stuff.com/product-info.php?pid9020.html

Good idea on looking at kids stuff, that's what I did for my dirtbike gear.

i also put the hood further up on my head so it doens't come down and obstruct my field of view as i put my helmet on. i use it in conjunction with the foggy breath guard and have no trouble (except when a mustache hair gets turned the wrong way and goes up my nose  laughingdp)

Hopefully I won't have that problem. Grin

KnightofNi
Lift my kilt to see my

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2009, 07:06:38 AM »

tell him to stop being such a pansy or you'll set him on fire  Grin

if you suddenly show up with a stache i'll be really freaked out.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: