Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 17, 2024, 12:15:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Taste of Racing - May 2nd and 3rd 2009 !!  (Read 3817 times)
Visolara

Jacobs Love Meat

« on: April 28, 2009, 06:50:35 PM »

Where: Portland International Raceway
Date's: May 2nd and May 3rd 2009 (Remember, we do not run in the rain, lets hope its dry!!)
When: During OMRRA lunch time, see race day schedule handout for approximate times (Approximate track crossing times: Friday  10:30AM and 12:00Noon ; Saturday 11:10AM and 11:54AM)
Gate Discount:  Print out this coupon for $2 off the $10 gate fee (need one per person)

Clieck here for specifics about Taste of Racing:  Taste of Racing

$20 for 20 minutes, Taste of Racing is an opportunity for motorcycle enthusiasts to experience the thrill of racing, cornering, and riding fast in a safe environment where you won't get a ticket!! Sound like fun? Want to try it out? Click on the  Taste of Racing link above for specific details!

Dark Horse Racing is running ToR again this year, we are pitted on the second row in from the Start/Finish line.  You cant miss us, we will have a ToR sign-up sandwich board at our pits, and our Carolina blue race bikes. 

We are also accepting volunteers to work corners during the ToR events.  If you are interested in ToR but don't have a bike, or are not sure if you're ready for the track, you can volunteering some time and help us by working a corner!  Anyone who volunteers to work a corner for us, can ride the next ToR for free!  We will also be BBQing in our pits and will feed anyone who help's out.  Smiley

Few changes have been incorporated into ToR:

- Not a new rule, but one I have to keep repeating.  At NO point should any ToR participant pass the lead rider. This has happened at a number of ToR events.  The lead rider will be very visible, not sure what we will be using this next weekend, but we have used a big red X, an orange Vest in the past, but people still tried to pass him.  Please people, do not pass the lead bike, he is there for a reason.  We will discuss this in more detail at the ToR riders meeting

- Max number of riders changed to 35

- If a rider crashes, all other riders return to the hot pit area (where we start from) and wait for instructions.  Two or more control riders will assist the downed rider.  If the rider is ok, the bike cleared from any impact zones, and the track clear of any debris, we will resume ToR immediately.  If the rider is not ok, or there is oil/coolant on the track that needs cleanup, ToR is done for the day.  One of the control riders will ride the downed rider back to the pit area, and Blinky will get the bike after ToR is complete (unless he wants to sooner, remember this is his lunch period)

If anyone has any questions, please post them here, or PM me directly.

Lastly, I want to thank OMRRA, our sponsors, and all the volunteers who help make this event happen!

Hope to see you there!

Maurice Miller
2009 OMRRA Rider Representative

OMRRA #39
WMRRA #39
Dark Horse Racing

Race Supporters -
Noel Communications, Inc. , 2Fast Motorcycle Track Days & Instruction , KBC Helmets , EDR Performance , Cascade Tracktime , GP Suspension North , KFG Dunlop LLC , LP Privateer , Dainese , AMS Oil

| 2006 Ducati 749S (street) | 2004 Suzuki SV650S (race) | 2002 Aprilia Mille (race) |
Mother
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 07:02:43 PM »

krolik

Yeah, that's me. So what.

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 07:35:24 PM »

laughingdp applause Evil

'03 M800 "not so dark" Dark, Remus high pipes, Cycle Cat clipons & frame sliders, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, Sargent seat, tail chop, Nichols flywheel, modified & powdercoated rearsets, 15/44 gearing, 520 chain & sprockets, TPO Beast pod filters, Power Comander III. 72.95 Rear Wheel HP & 54.29 ft-lbs!

Quote from: SacDuc
No. I'm a different type of idiot altogether.
Betty Rage
it's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a

hater

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 09:07:57 AM »

This is blatant advertising.

We have rules here against this stuff.

Shame shame.

Darkhorse den mother
jdubbs32584
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 09:11:13 AM »

This is blatant advertising.

We have rules here against this stuff.

Shame shame.

laughingdp

scott_araujo

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 09:24:30 AM »

I'm busy Saturday.  Anyone up for Sunday?

Scott
jdubbs32584
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 09:29:26 AM »

I'm busy Saturday.  Anyone up for Sunday?

Scott

Mother and I will be there Sunday but won't be doing ToR. It'd be nice to meet you.  chug
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 12:23:52 PM »

Seeing how Il Duce still doesn't have timing belts and the CBR ain't really rideable yet (the instrument cluster is flopping around on a broken bracket), I may be out there to volunteer again.  We'll see as Saturday gets closer.

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
scott_araujo

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 02:32:15 PM »

Seeing how Il Duce still doesn't have timing belts and the CBR ain't really rideable yet (the instrument cluster is flopping around on a broken bracket), I may be out there to volunteer again.  We'll see as Saturday gets closer.

I think I have different belts on my '03 800 but if they fit and you want the used ones I just pulled (2 yrs, 6k miles) you're welcome to them.  Don't know that I'd want someones take offs but they're newer than yours and if you can't get belts anytime soon...

Scott
desmosome

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 05:02:07 PM »

zip ties and duct tape

are your best friend

just look at Mo's Bike

duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 10:41:41 PM »

Ha!  California Cycleworks just e-mailed me this afternoon... my belts were shipped today, and UPS is saying they'll be here Monday.  Now I just hope they're the right ones... the invoice shows a different part number than what MotoCorsa told me I needed.  73710011A vs 73710081A.  Undecided  After waiting 3 weeks, I was about to cancel the order and get them from DesmoTimes... right as I went to call, I got the e-mail saying they'd been shipped.  Figures.  Roll Eyes

zip ties and duct tape

are your best friend

just look at Mo's Bike

laughingdp

AH-hahahaha!  Yeah, I could prolly rig something up with strap steel, safety wire, zip ties, and duct tape.  After all, duct tape is like the Force... it has a light side, and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.  Wink

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
Mother
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 11:24:46 PM »

hmm, might be round tooth vs. square tooth. I do not believe there is a length difference
Visolara

Jacobs Love Meat

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 08:42:00 AM »

hmm, might be round tooth vs. square tooth. I do not believe there is a length difference

I got your round tooth right here!

Maurice Miller
2009 OMRRA Rider Representative

OMRRA #39
WMRRA #39
Dark Horse Racing

Race Supporters -
Noel Communications, Inc. , 2Fast Motorcycle Track Days & Instruction , KBC Helmets , EDR Performance , Cascade Tracktime , GP Suspension North , KFG Dunlop LLC , LP Privateer , Dainese , AMS Oil

| 2006 Ducati 749S (street) | 2004 Suzuki SV650S (race) | 2002 Aprilia Mille (race) |
Mother
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 05:21:59 PM »

Ima butter your bread this weekend popi
CannedIce

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 12:52:33 PM »

Ha!  California Cycleworks just e-mailed me this afternoon... my belts were shipped today, and UPS is saying they'll be here Monday.  Now I just hope they're the right ones... the invoice shows a different part number than what MotoCorsa told me I needed.  73710011A vs 73710081A.  Undecided  After waiting 3 weeks, I was about to cancel the order and get them from DesmoTimes... right as I went to call, I got the e-mail saying they'd been shipped.  Figures.  Roll Eyes

laughingdp

AH-hahahaha!  Yeah, I could prolly rig something up with strap steel, safety wire, zip ties, and duct tape.  After all, duct tape is like the Force... it has a light side, and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.  Wink

Hey! So you don't worry about it over the weekend, I looked it up again and they are the correct belts for your bike Smiley You are Mr Wright with a 2002 ST2 right? Wink Enjoy!

Candice Babineau

----Bikes-------
2009 Monster 696
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: