Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 02, 2024, 02:19:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parts For Customizing 2005 Monster 620 Dark  (Read 1415 times)
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« on: April 29, 2009, 06:51:40 PM »

Hello Everyone that is involved with parts, accesories and repairs and/or has lots lots of knowledge in Ducati.

As you can read in the title, and some might have seen my bike's photographs, I need new rearsets. As per a couple of very knowledgeable persons, I've come to known that anything[well almost] from an S4 will fit my particular bike.

The rearsets, I don't mind if thyey're for solo riding, my fianceƩ doesn't do much riding with me anyways; but, I'd prefer them BLACK or Titanium colored. Maybe a very dark gray.

Who manufactures such rearsets? I don't want to pay a million dollars for rearsets[eventhough the Rizoma's are beautifull,  bang head  I'd sacrifice my SMOKER/BBQ combo for them] I need to go step by step in 'customizing' my Monster. $$$ not so readily available.

First I need to have wheels, then, I'll decide if brakes or rearsets or maybe both. For brakes I'm going with the 4pot Brembo Goldline and Axxis Rotors w/radial master; rear, I might only upgrade pads/rotor, no caliper.  waytogo

After these changes, suspension, either upgrade internals or upgrade to SR forks and upgrade internals and rear spring or spring/shock combo. Maybe then, I've decided that I want clip ons and install them[I'll buy the Rizoma's and look at them every day].  Undecided

Can someone help in any of these issues?

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
teddy037.2
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 09:53:55 PM »

use the search feature, my son  Wink

another rearset option would be the OE pegs off the ST bikes, as they share the same frame. not adjustable, but easy to paint, and looks a bit more aggressive than the monster pegs

wheels, while expensive, will be a great upgrade! personally, I'd go for suspension before dropping coin on trick wheels. having the suspension set up for your weight helps alot, and is generally cheaper than, say, BSTs

anyhoo... happy modding! but be careful, I hear this crap gets addictive  chug
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 05:39:46 AM »

use the search feature, my son  Wink

another rearset option would be the OE pegs off the ST bikes, as they share the same frame. not adjustable, but easy to paint, and looks a bit more aggressive than the monster pegs

wheels, while expensive, will be a great upgrade! personally, I'd go for suspension before dropping coin on trick wheels. having the suspension set up for your weight helps alot, and is generally cheaper than, say, BSTs

anyhoo... happy modding! but be careful, I hear this crap gets addictive  chug

Hey teddy...
I NEED wheels, look at my accident pics...front wheel is cracked and here no one, repeat, no one wants to repair a motorcycle aluminum wheel...so I need wheels, nt trick wheels, either Carrozeria, PVM, Galespeed[if I'm lucky to find 'em], or last but not least, Alpina wire spoke[for the classic look]...But always a 48t rear sprocket  Grin

Once I'm riding againg, look for Showa forks and redo them internally with either Hyperpro comp or get 'em installed and send mine to Traxxion for complete rebuild[with my weight in mind 195lbs no gear]

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
teddy037.2
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 08:13:07 AM »

ooooohhhh... ok, I must have missed a thd, then  Cheesy my bad.

yeah, i'd love to have spoked wheels... *dreamy*
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 02:47:51 PM »

ooooohhhh... ok, I must have missed a thd, then  Cheesy my bad.

yeah, i'd love to have spoked wheels... *dreamy*

I've read they weight almost as much as OEM 3spoke ones. But, I don't do track days and when I ride, the only thing I care, is, THE RIDE ITSELF  [moto] cheeky !!!

I do care about moding my bike, and yes, I started rehab for "moding addiction"  laughingdp  laughingdp  laughingdp

Please comment, If you can on my bike. Tks

Carlos
teddy037.2
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 08:47:19 AM »

the rehab is fine until your wallet quits working  Wink

I'm juggling new wheels right now, too... as of yesterday, in fact lol  not willing to get BSTs, though...
adpeacock
ArmyDucRider

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 07:34:42 PM »

how do you like your high mount exhaust?  If you need any front stock turn signals I have a set. 

-2005Monster 620 Dark, Monsterparts Carbon Fiber Beer Tray, Pazzo Levers, Dunlop Qualifiers, CF Front Fairing
"Japanese Bikes are like supermodels; great to look at but full of aftermarket parts."
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 04:42:13 AM »

how do you like your high mount exhaust?  If you need any front stock turn signals I have a set. 

adpecock,
I'm very happy withteh high mount exhaust...the bike is totally different than stock[assuming you saw the photos]

Regarding the stock turn signals, pm me with $$$.and thanks!!!  waytogo

Carlos
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: