Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 03, 2024, 02:15:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MODS from Spainish tuner!!  (Read 4301 times)
corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 10:11:34 AM »

i LOVE that tank...
i wonder if they sell it..

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
Holden
Sausage Creature

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2009, 01:21:46 PM »

Is it just me, or is the tank asymmetrical? Left side looks closer to the windscreen... (I am aware the wheel is turned left a little)
teddy037.2
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2009, 01:31:17 PM »

maybe it's a funny angle... like they're sitting on the bike to take the pic, but it's not totally straight?
Grrrly

Industrial Grrrl

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009, 02:15:44 PM »

love the gas tanks!!  waytogo waytogo

But I think my thigh/ass would get waaay tooo hot in the first one.

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 03:48:41 PM »

Is it just me, or is the tank asymmetrical? Left side looks closer to the windscreen... (I am aware the wheel is turned left a little)

Look at the fork tubes, the front end is turned slightly to the left.

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Holden
Sausage Creature

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2009, 04:18:48 PM »

I NOT BELIEVE!!
Privateer

God created Ducati to train the faithful.

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2009, 05:05:04 PM »

I checked out some others.. They look pretty nice from 20 feet back.  Otherwise, they sure did whole bunch of work to not spend an hour hiding some wires.

If you're going to go through all that, might as well take that extra step to really have a primo package.

/shrug my opinion.

Andy

My fast lap is your sighting lap.
brad black

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2009, 08:50:55 PM »

nice bikes! but I've never really understood the whole squashed-in (dented) tank thing... anyone care to enlighten me?

you could also call it retro.

http://www.cybermotorcycle.com/gallery/ducati/images/Ducati_1959_175_Sport_T_Jonkhart_photo_2.jpg

Brad The Bike Boy

http://www.bikeboy.org
xcaptainxbloodx

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2009, 12:57:49 AM »

look at the ignition key, it doesn't move and the left side is higher than the right.
DucatiTorrey
My wife's super hero is my

Industrial Designer

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2009, 03:42:35 AM »

it is for stunting, its a fad, i guess your helmet would fit there but i believe it originated with stunting, its also used as a place to stand

- real place
Grrrly

Industrial Grrrl

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2009, 05:44:55 AM »

it is for stunting, its a fad, i guess your helmet would fit there but i believe it originated with stunting, its also used as a place to stand

The shape of this tank is NOT for stunting.  The dented stunting tanks you are thinking about are flattened out on top like this one below:

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2009, 01:11:06 PM »

look at the ignition key, it doesn't move and the left side is higher than the right.

So you are saying that the right fork tube is longer than the left?

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
supertjeduc

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2009, 10:43:45 AM »

They where at the Ducati Club Races in the netherlands and they had brought the race versions

Rest of the pictures
http://supertjeduc.zenfolio.com/p625242563/slideshow
Drunken Monkey
Scooter-Trash
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2009, 03:47:03 PM »

bow down Ducati needs to hire this dude to design a 900ss replacement.

Despite what everyone(?) thinks, I still say there's a market for a light-weight, lower-cost mid-range sportbike in Ducati's line-up.

Even if it has to be a super-monoesque version of the 848 (would they save that much money chopping off a cylinder from an 848?) styled to look like this guy's take on a 900ss

Or, uh something.

I own several motorcycles. I have owned lots of motorcycles. And have bolted and/or modified lots of crap to said motorcycles...
xcaptainxbloodx

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2009, 12:58:57 AM »

So you are saying that the right fork tube is longer than the left?

no im saying that using the key as a reference you can see that the tank is lopsided and that it isnt an optical illusion created by the front end being at an angle.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: