Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 10:29:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Truly Funny Letter  (Read 6643 times)
mags

« on: May 17, 2008, 06:38:19 AM »

Apparently, this is an actual letter from an Austin woman sent to Proctor and Gamble regarding their feminine products. She really gets rolling after the first paragraph. It's PC Magazine's 2007 Editors' Choice for best webmail-award-winning letter.

Enjoy--

Dear Mr. Thatcher,

I have been a loyal user of your "Always" maxi pads for over 20 years and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the LeakGuard Core or Dri-Weave absorbency, I'd probably never go horseback riding or salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down the beach in tight, white shorts. But my favorite feature has to be your revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi pads be aerodynamic. I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel each month knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants.

Have you ever had a menstrual period, Mr. Thatcher? I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my time of the month is starting right now. As I type, I can already feel hormonal forces violently surging through my body. Just a few minutes from now, my body will adjust and I'll be transformed into what my husband likes to call 'an inbred hillbilly with knife skills.' Isn't the human body amazing?

As Brand Manager in the Feminine Hygiene Division, you've no doubt seen quite a bit of research on what exactly happens during your customer's monthly visits from "Aunt Flo". Therefore, you must know about the bloating, puffiness, and cramping we endure, and about our intense mood swings, crying jags, and out-of-control behavior. You surely realize it's a tough time for most women.

The point is, sir, you of all people must realize that America is just crawling with homicidal maniacs in Capri pants . . . which brings me to the reason for my letter. Last month, while in the throes of cramping so painful I wanted to reach inside my body and yank out my uterus, I opened an Always maxi-pad, and there, printed on the adhesive backing, were these words: "Have a Happy Period."

Are you f------ kidding me? What I mean is, does any part of your tiny middle-manager brain really think happiness - actual smiling, laughing happiness, is possible during a menstrual period? Did anything mentioned above sound the least bit pleasurable? Well, did it, James? FYI, unless you're some kind of sick S&M freak, there will never be anything "happy" about a day in which you have to jack yourself up on Motrin and Kahlua and lock yourself in your house just so you don't march down to the local Walgreen's armed with a hunting rifle and a sketchy plan to end your life in a blaze of glory.

For the love of God! If you have to slap a moronic message on a maxi pad, wouldn't it make more sense to say something that's actually pertinent, like "Put down the Hammer" or "Vehicular Manslaughter is Wrong".

Sir, please inform your Accounting Department that, effective immediately, there will be an $8 drop in monthly profits, for I have chosen to take my maxi-pad business elsewhere. And though I will certainly miss your Flex-Wings, I will not for one minute miss your brand of condescending bullshit. And that's a promise I will keep. Always.

Best,

Wendi Aarons
Austin , TX

"Right line, wrong circuit."  - World SBK Announcer.
Has anyone else been run over by a go-kart?
LMT
Post Whore

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 07:09:52 AM »

laughingdp      laughingdp      laughingdp

Just wait till she gets to my age.  It ALL happens in 24 hours.  I wish I could stay locked in the house.
mbalmer

Ready to ride

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 08:09:03 AM »

That was great! Thank goodness for depo provera injections.

Is it June yet?
T-byrd

Yellow, not the fastest color...just the most fun.

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 09:48:45 AM »

That right there is f*cking hilarious!  Grin laughingdp

T

00 M900, Il Cianghiale
duqette

Does this bike make my butt look fast?

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 05:34:33 PM »

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp
 bang head
 laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

"Youth is wasted on the young." --GB Shaw
Qwack

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 07:10:35 PM »

I had that sent to me a few month ago..very funny a letter to share with all the Ladies  laughingdp 

DesmoDiva

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 09:08:57 AM »

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

That's why I use a Diva Cup

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 09:45:21 AM »

gotta love the f-16 in your pants  laughingdp
funny stuff mags!
Ducatista

I don't need to brag about a titanium member.

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 08:22:09 PM »

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

That's why I use a Diva Cup

When I race, I'm going to seek support from Insteadlaughingdp

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

www.myspace.com/bitgoddess
empress duc
with the tender roots of a

the empress stands with and for the people

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 09:25:30 AM »

what a hoot!

i use instead... great for bopping around,
but not so great for yoga (i'm a teacher)
i'd like to try the diva cup to see if it lives
up to the claims. 

prior to using cups i was all about always
and it never occurred to me that i had an
F-16 in my panties... that's reassuring!

thanks for sharing and props to the author!

"life is best served bold and without regret" ~me                                                               yoga + food + motorcycles = joy

DesmoDiva

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 10:25:02 AM »

the diva cup is far better that the instead.  I used the instead to test the idea of the diva cup and just found they didn't fit me that well.  Had leakage issues.  Tongue

I have been using the diva cup for about a year and half, wondering what took me so long to try it.  It rocks  waytogo

Since I started using it I have a lot less cramping too.   Grin

Anyone feel free to PM if you have questions about the diva cup. 

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
Betty Rage
it's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a

hater

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 11:21:33 AM »

Less cramping huh?

I always wondered if tampons cause more cramping, maybe the cup will be in order. Well, once I'm getting regular cycles again.  laughingdp

On a different note, I think this is the one thread that the DMF guys will FINALLY stay away from.  laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

Darkhorse den mother
kutter

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 11:27:48 AM »

NeenjaMastah 18 years of marriage and a wife who is in the middle of menopuase and you think some words on a computer monitor is supposed to scare us. Scary is not having chocolate in the house, now THAT is some frightening stuff!   Grin

All my best ideas get me into trouble.

I am reminded of the immortal words of Socrates when he said, 'I drank what?!'

Some people are like Slinkies ... Not really good for anything..... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Betty Rage
it's a bird! it's a plane! No, it's a

hater

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 11:31:54 AM »

Ha ha, I stand corrected then!!  Grin laughingdp

Darkhorse den mother
Ducatista

I don't need to brag about a titanium member.

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 09:14:05 PM »

NeenjaMastah 18 years of marriage and a wife who is in the middle of menopuase and you think some words on a computer monitor is supposed to scare us. Scary is not having chocolate in the house, now THAT is some frightening stuff!   Grin

However, people of your demographic are generally not the leg humpers.

And the next time I buy a box, I'll have to try the Diva Cup.  It's pretty infrequent now, since my OBGYN put me on a new pill.  waytogo

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

www.myspace.com/bitgoddess
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: