Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 03:27:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody going to Moto Forza today?  (Read 3683 times)
Rideon

"Not Forgotten"

« on: May 17, 2008, 07:11:03 AM »

I was thinking of going to Moto Forza after my work shift to check out the intro of the new
mini monster.

Is anyone going ?
sqweak
WebGeeK

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 07:26:31 AM »

I've got a conference in Pasadena all weekend, so I was just going to swing by PI.

Glad to see you made it over here! waytogo

2007 S4R-T (street)
Black CRG Hindsight LS, Black CRG Roll-A-Click Levers, Black Rizoma Conical Handlebars, DP Open Airbox, Clear Alternatives Integrated LED Brakelight w/ Smoke Lens, Removed: Chopped (w/ Cookie's kit), Sidepods & Wiring relocated, Passenger pegs, Stickers

2001 Suzuki SV650 (track)
Rideon

"Not Forgotten"

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 07:57:39 AM »

BadDog pointed me over here. Thanks to the people responsible for this place!  chug
sqweak
WebGeeK

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 08:07:19 AM »

good! Smiley

how's your recovery going?

2007 S4R-T (street)
Black CRG Hindsight LS, Black CRG Roll-A-Click Levers, Black Rizoma Conical Handlebars, DP Open Airbox, Clear Alternatives Integrated LED Brakelight w/ Smoke Lens, Removed: Chopped (w/ Cookie's kit), Sidepods & Wiring relocated, Passenger pegs, Stickers

2001 Suzuki SV650 (track)
Rideon

"Not Forgotten"

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 10:39:52 AM »

how's your recovery going?

I am walking with a bit of a limp, am starting to get back into shape. Can't run due to foot weakness.  My feeling is that if I go back in and have the plates/screws taken out, I can recover almost 100%, but that would entail another surgery and a possible 6 months of wound healing , then PT, with no gaurantees. Currently, I am really enjoying being somewhat normal.

Mentally, I am not ready to ride. I can hear the Ducs roar by my office, and I want to be on one.  I guess time will tell! Possibly if Bad Dog would lend me one of his bikes for about a year I could figure out if I was fit to ride......... Grin
Bad Dog

Be Careful out there, Folks !

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 11:04:48 AM »

Possibly if Bad Dog would lend me one of his bikes for about a year I could figure out if I was fit to ride......... Grin

Continuing thread jack.........

Rideon, you can have this until it sells....
if you promise to store it properly and keep it covered when not in use.

NK

(and you know why)

Cool

....BD

'01 Monster S4,  '00 996S, '07 1098,  B2's '06 GSXR 1000,  '68 Norton 750 Commando Fastback
Rideon

"Not Forgotten"

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 11:17:24 AM »

That's very generous, BD. You rock as always. I will see if I can logistically handle it. Gotta be careful, the spirit of Lorena Bobbit lurks in every good woman!   Grin
Max LeanAngle

Trellis Steel and Sex Appeal

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 01:43:02 PM »

That isn't true Rideon and you know it!  I would never do something like that...

as far as you know Evil

"A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did?  Don't do that.' "  Douglas Adams
Rideon

"Not Forgotten"

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 06:02:58 PM »

Checked out the stuff at Moto Forza. The 696 looks pretty cool. He had some Benelli's there, a cafe racer and a standard naked. They are certainly different, and must have a ton of grunt. The cafe racer seemed to fit me the best.

Nothing really compares to the Ducati. Timless classics, no matter what model. Question: do they still handle Aprillia? On reflection, did not see one on the floor.

The last time I was there, (January) I sat on a bike, and could not suppport it with my bad foot. Today, I could. [moto] Hooray!!
Can you imagine sitting on a bike and thinkiing, gee, if this thing leans a little to the right I am going to have to pay for a new set of handle bars? Those walking lunges, squats and step mill are paying off!

Saw Balz, we talked bikes, it is really nice to have a consistent personality run the local Ducati candy store.

How does one register/insure a vehicle and not have the forms go to your business or house? Hmmm....... Roll Eyes
Bad Dog

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 06:09:38 PM »

How does one register/insure a vehicle and not have the forms go to your business or house? Hmmm....... Roll Eyes

Oh...that's easy, Mate !

Counseling for free !

Evil

'01 Monster S4,  '00 996S, '07 1098,  B2's '06 GSXR 1000,  '68 Norton 750 Commando Fastback
Rideon

"Not Forgotten"

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 06:11:37 PM »

You are truly zee "Bad Dog!"   Grin
Bad Dog

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 06:32:22 PM »

You are truly zee "Bad Dog!"   Grin

Evil

Oh yes.....
I've been told that...a few times, at least !
 laughingdp

Do not fret...we'll work it out for you, Mate !

Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: