Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 07:02:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ride Reports_Let's Hear 'em!  (Read 6019 times)
joekarati

« on: May 17, 2008, 09:30:27 AM »

Sat 5.17---ACH

Awoke to a beautiful morning and took off for the Crest.  At the base by 7:00am.  Saw one rider coming down, otherwise some locals at Newcomb's already, about 6 bikes.  Had a coffee and came back down; no LEO's out yet, BUT:

Several Suicide Squirrels, one Suicide Snake basking in the Sun and some loose rocky sections here and there...several cyclists climbing on the lower section.

Will most likely return this evening at 7pm, and again, 7am on Sunday.

There's a fine line between clever and stupid.
GregP

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 09:34:41 AM »

Gusduc and I had a lovely peddle around the hills of Palos Verdes this morning.  Roads were clear and steep.  laughingdp

Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.
derby

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 09:52:00 AM »

Sat 5.17---ACH

Awoke to a beautiful morning and took off for the Crest.  At the base by 7:00am.  Saw one rider coming down, otherwise some locals at Newcomb's already, about 6 bikes.  Had a coffee and came back down; no LEO's out yet, BUT:

Several Suicide Squirrels, one Suicide Snake basking in the Sun and some loose rocky sections here and there...several cyclists climbing on the lower section.

Will most likely return this evening at 7pm, and again, 7am on Sunday.

tom was up there around 9-ish...

again tommorrow, huh?

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
Bad Dog

Be Careful out there, Folks !

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 11:34:13 AM »

On one of the Lemond Zurichs this morning....
nice clear roads....slight breeze.......
and much cooler along the Coast !

Grin

'01 Monster S4,  '00 996S, '07 1098,  B2's '06 GSXR 1000,  '68 Norton 750 Commando Fastback
Max LeanAngle

Trellis Steel and Sex Appeal

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 01:40:42 PM »

Holy chainring Batman, you rode your road bike, BadDog???

I rode the Canadian, did speed work, sprints (took second), did somemore speed

work--one last sprint, then straight to coffee.

"A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did?  Don't do that.' "  Douglas Adams
Rideon

"Not Forgotten"

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 06:10:25 PM »

I rode the Canadian

That just doesn't sound right, eh?   laughingdp
Bad Dog

Be Careful out there, Folks !

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 06:33:49 PM »

That just doesn't sound right, eh?   laughingdp

"Speed Work"  at that !

Shocked

'01 Monster S4,  '00 996S, '07 1098,  B2's '06 GSXR 1000,  '68 Norton 750 Commando Fastback
joekarati

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 07:12:50 PM »

Okay, yeah, nice to hear from you guys...BACK ON TOPIC... Grin  (Rideon!!!  NoMods!!! good to see you here!!!)

Sat 5/17 7pm ACH

Again, no one up there...nice and cool...I know I have no life, but the evening time is a GREAT time to ride up there...the way up was awesome, no Sun in the face...the whole way up was clean (musta been swept) and clear...I saw one bike coming down at the very bottom....otherwise...HEAVEN.

PHI

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 08:58:50 PM »

I was up there today too. I haven't ridden ACH for over a year. I saw that Suicide Snake! Stopped at Newcomb's for a quick bite.

Freakin' hot out there today.
Max LeanAngle

Trellis Steel and Sex Appeal

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 09:13:25 PM »

Okay Smarty Pants (BadDog), I rode a Norco CCR--yep, it is Canadian.  And for the record, I only ride two things fast,  my Ducati and my Norco CCR.

Hello Joe, thanks for a nice thread--apparently most of the cool kids rode motorcycles today, the rest of us provided our own motor cheeky

"A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did?  Don't do that.' "  Douglas Adams
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 09:17:54 PM »

ride + bike + motors oops.... engines, people  Roll Eyes

[moto]

laughingdp
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 09:39:29 PM by bobspapa » Logged

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
Gibbs

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 09:36:16 PM »

I sat in bed with my leg up and played mario cart
does that count
Gus Duc

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 04:53:51 PM »

Sun. 5/18/2008

PVE...........22 miles of rolling roads............. no Police..............lots of sun & good company in the form of GregP waytogo 

Saw a guy on a Honda Rebel.... he must have been tiny because it looked normal laughingdp

Btw we were on the bicycles again as we couldn't afford to buy gas & join JC on ACH.......... good news is we made a full ride without a flat or me taking a pit stop at the fire station cheeky
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 06:21:23 PM by Gus Duc » Logged
joekarati

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 05:52:38 PM »

Sun 5.18 ACH 7am

Picture perfect ride up. 
Watched the AMA race at Newcs for a bit, had some chow and headed back down to find a LEO steady on duty by 8am...thank God for hand signals from the locals..

Slow ride down, you can't win 'em all...

PHI

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 10:02:18 AM »

I heard that GMR was open again after about a month or so closure due the Mt Baldy fire. So I decided to check it out. Met up 3 other buddies late afternoon yesterday and we started up through Azusa and made our way on GMR. It was actually pretty clean for being closed for a few weeks. Great weather!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: