Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 08:07:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: M750 Fuel Filter  (Read 5904 times)
GeotheDuc

« on: May 17, 2008, 02:08:25 PM »

I took all the pollution plumbing off my 2001 M750. I am trying to re-use the stock fuel filter and hoses. It seems I can't find a good place for the filter to sit with the tank both up and down. It seems like the stock hoses are too long and they want to go in different directions.  So, my questions:

1. Any body have luck with placement of the filter.
2. Does the filter have a right side up or can it go upside down. ( I know the flow direction is important)
3. Is there another filter that is smaller and would fit better.

Many Thanks for any help
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 02:27:19 PM »

What's wrong with the stock location?

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

GeotheDuc

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 02:53:07 PM »

Thats the problem. There doesn't seem to be a stock location anymore since I removed all the pollution pieces. The stock hoses wraped sort of around the canister and now the hoses are too long and have a memory that doesn't let the filter stay steady. I know I can change the hoses. Can the filter go upside down? Is there a right side up? 
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 02:56:04 PM »

Thats the problem. There doesn't seem to be a stock location anymore since I removed all the pollution pieces. The stock hoses wraped sort of around the canister and now the hoses are too long and have a memory that doesn't let the filter stay steady. I know I can change the hoses. Can the filter go upside down? Is there a right side up? 
Every carbed monster I've ever seen has the filter attached with a band to the bottom of the fuel tank.

That said...as long as the filter stays higher than the pump you should be fine.

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

hiero

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 04:26:54 PM »

Every carbed monster I've ever seen has the filter attached with a band to the bottom of the fuel tank.

That said...as long as the filter stays higher than the pump you should be fine.

+1 band

2000 Monster 750
1999 748
YELLOW!!
GeotheDuc

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 04:34:56 PM »

I guess my Monster is a little diffrent. There was no band attaching the filter to the tank. And I don't see any place to secure it to the tank. I'll probably try to zip- tie it to another hose from the fuel pump and like you said keep it above the fuel pump. That would mean that the filter would be horizontal. I think part of the problem it that the stock filter is so large. If a smaller inline filter is appropriate then that would be helpful. Any reason not to use another smallr after market filter?
hiero

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 04:39:10 PM »

I guess my Monster is a little diffrent. There was no band attaching the filter to the tank. And I don't see any place to secure it to the tank. I'll probably try to zip- tie it to another hose from the fuel pump and like you said keep it above the fuel pump. That would mean that the filter would be horizontal. I think part of the problem it that the stock filter is so large. If a smaller inline filter is appropriate then that would be helpful. Any reason not to use another smallr after market filter?

no reason at all, I know LT at desmotimes uses the NAPA 3032 filters

2000 Monster 750
1999 748
YELLOW!!
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 04:44:07 PM »

no reason at all, I know LT at desmotimes uses the NAPA 3032 filters
The 3032 filter is normally used on the injected bikes.

Never heard of it being used on a carbie.
All the carbed bikes have a small boss with a 6mm threaded hole on the bottom of the tank.

All my pics are on the computer that died.... Undecided

perspective

GeotheDuc

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 05:18:53 PM »

Okay. Thanks for all the replies. I'll stay with the stock filter for now. I probably will just shorten the hoses and secure them wherever possible.

Appreciate all the help.   Especially on a Saturday night.   I guess working on your Ducati rather than going out bar hopping,  in the long run,  is a better use of one's time.

Long live the new Ducati Forum!!!
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 07:00:19 PM »

This is what the stock set up is supposed to look like

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: