Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 26, 2024, 11:33:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: smoke rear turn signals?  (Read 1559 times)
KSmithInNY

« on: May 10, 2009, 08:13:17 AM »

Yo!!

Thanks for all the help and info people have given me.  It's been much appreciated to this Ducati Newbie.

After looking into all the LED tail light options i decided to go with a clear alternatives smoke lense and Clear alternatives 30 LED bulbs.  Price and visibility both weighed into my decision.

I purchased clear alternatives smoke turn signals for the front.  Now i need something "smoked" for the back turn signals.  Are the clear alternatives interchangeable (front/back)? If not, can someone suggest some smoke rear turn signals that fit on a 2005 M620?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Work smarter, not harder.
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 08:53:16 AM »

Same in the front and rear waytogo

They usually come with amber bulbs included - did yours?

BTW - if you buy another pair, get an extra set (you might end up breaking a few, as I did Wink)

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
KSmithInNY

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 09:00:34 AM »

@ stopintime

Thanks man.  Guess I'll order another pair then.

I keep reading about people breaking the rear turn signals .... whats up wit that??  How do you all keep breaking the rear signals?? is it passengers getting off wrong?  driver swinging leg too wide?  bad parking?

I come from a GSXR world and put a shogun undertail on all my bikes so i never had non-integrated rear signals.

KSmithInNY

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 09:25:45 AM »

They usually come with amber bulbs included - did yours?

I forgot to mention, I haven't received them yet but when you order from CA they include bulbs.  I may order the "chrome amber" bulbs soon so the signals truly look smoked and don't have that amber tint.

Also just a thought, If i buy the CA ones for the back im going to have to buy dual filament bulbs because i bet they ship with single filament.

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 12:06:05 PM »

I broke my lens (not quite) swinging a leg over  Grin

The CA 30LED - sure it's running AND break light? - and red? Sure you won't spend the $50 for a LED board?

Advice about the chrome coated amber bulbs: don't! They offer very poor light. I tried the larger size ~21 watts and even they offer substantially less light than the 10 watt amber bulb. Besides they are too large to fit under the lenses. They do look sweeter, but don't bother.

KSmithInNY

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 04:05:41 PM »

I broke my lens (not quite) swinging a leg over  Grin
Seems to be a common theme.  I'll have to be careful.

The CA 30LED - sure it's running AND break light? - and red? Sure you won't spend the $50 for a LED board?
Yeah the CA LED bulbs are dual filament (Break/Running) and are red LED's for use only with Clear/Smoke lense.  I thought about going LED board but decided i wanted the option to either use a bulb or LED bulb and this setup gives me that option and i still get that nice smoke lense.

Advice about the chrome coated amber bulbs: don't! They offer very poor light. I tried the larger size ~21 watts and even they offer substantially less light than the 10 watt amber bulb. Besides they are too large to fit under the lenses. They do look sweeter, but don't bother.
Thanks for the heads up.  Looks like i will not be picking these up.  Safety is #1, looks #2  chug

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 07:52:35 PM »

Sounds good waytogo

Just to make sure, you know the LED board plugs into the bulb socket? True plug & play. You'd still be able to switch back to bulb, if so needed.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: