Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 04, 2024, 02:11:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S2R800 fork size at lower triple  (Read 1194 times)
shiftee

« on: May 12, 2009, 08:06:00 AM »

I'm looking to take the lazy, non-welding route to lowering my light and gauges and plan to use fork clamps for the headlight (removing the U-bracket altogether). Can anyone confirm the fork size on an 07 S2R 800 directly above the lower triple. I believe its 54mm but can't find a definitive answer through searching.

TIA!  waytogo
corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 10:31:11 AM »

pretty sure that the shitty marzocchis we are cursed with are 54mm at top triple, 50mm at bottom triple.

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
OverCaffeinated

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 10:37:04 AM »

pretty sure that the shitty marzocchis we are cursed with are 54mm at top triple, 50mm at bottom triple.

psst.. I think it's the other way around.

And yes they are shitty.
corey

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 11:36:43 AM »

d'oh. Grin

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
mookieo2

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 01:40:12 PM »

I'm looking to take the lazy, non-welding route to lowering my light and gauges and plan to use fork clamps for the headlight (removing the U-bracket altogether). Can anyone confirm the fork size on an 07 S2R 800 directly above the lower triple. I believe its 54mm but can't find a definitive answer through searching.

TIA!  waytogo

I actually drilled and riveted my brackets lower instead of welding. It has held up well for a thousand or so miles, even a track day too.

shiftee

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 02:41:42 PM »

Thanks for the confirmation. Clamps on order, we'll see how this works out.

The rivets are a good idea but my hope is to keep as many of the stock parts as I can in their stock condition. Aside from the tailchop I'd like to have the option of putting the bike back to it's original state if I ever feel the need.

Cheers!
corey

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 12:18:08 PM »

Keep me posted on this, i'd like to see the results. I want to clean up some of that crap behind the headlight too, as well as lower it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: