Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 01:43:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on the 696  (Read 1983 times)
ducducgooseme

Same ole DesmoDevil, in a more gentle package

« on: May 18, 2008, 05:58:58 AM »

So I went to the unveiling of the new bike... 

In person it is much better looking than from the photos! 

What I liked:
The tank and seat are hot!! 
The clutch pull is basically non existent. 
The sound of the bike with termis was outstanding.
The bike is LIGHT... I didnt take it for a ride, but it looks like it will be oustanding
Dash is nice

Things that I didnt like:
smushed in headlight and gay little fairing.  The fairing reminds me of the mustaches that kids try to grow in high school.  Um, if you cant grow a real one, then dont grow one at all.
subframe is still a cast POS in black.  I assume that someone will make an aftermarket trellis one
the trellis is too beefy.  my guess is that they will be unveiling the 1098 monster based on this configuration and needed something to hold the engine.  either way, it isnt small and sexy...it has cankles instead
Zaster and I noticed that the tail can't be chopped easily.  It is one long piece that extends into the subframe.  That being said, it really isnt ugly like ours anyway, so maybe a tail chop isn't needed.
The plastic front guard is specifically cut square around the air emissions canister...um Ducati, we remove those so you now left us with a square plastic piece that wont flow with the lines of the bike after
Front brakes use one line for both calipers.  It is strung over the top of the plastic front mud guard.  Come on guys, are make the beast with two backsing serious??!!!  Looks cheap

Overall, though it may not look it in my listing, I liked the bike.  I am not sold on it, but it isnt bad and I bet it rides like a high priced call girl!!!   waytogo

If you love your bike, set it free.
If it comes back to you, you've
probably high-sided.
Count Desmo

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 06:54:36 AM »

I bet it rides like a high priced call girl!!!   waytogo

And how would that be? Wink
ducducgooseme

Same ole DesmoDevil, in a more gentle package

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 12:06:26 PM »

Well according to [insert name here], small and nimble and willing to take the corners hard!

If you love your bike, set it free.
If it comes back to you, you've
probably high-sided.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: