Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 17, 2024, 10:25:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friday May 22nd... Ducati Streetfighter Party & SUMO SUITS!!  (Read 2300 times)
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« on: May 21, 2009, 11:35:56 AM »

So... who is going?  [moto]

Friday, May 22nd 7pm – 10pm

MotoCorsa, 2170 NW Wilson St

Join us for the premiere of the Streetfighter….this Friday night. Party time. Fun, food, prizes….and the new Streetfighter!

Party & fun begins at 7pm, see the bike at 8:00. Includes special guests from Ducati North America with bike presentation by Kevin Davis and tech presentation by Ducati’s Quentin Wilson.

Our version of “Streetfighting” : SUMO SUITS!  Suit up, knock someone over, win a prize. We’ll be sumo-ing all night!

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
desmosome

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 11:45:17 AM »

sumo suits?
JohnnyDucati

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 04:40:35 PM »

I think I'm gonna go.

But, me in a sumo suit?  Good lord, I'm afraid would squash my opponent like Kirsty Alley sittin' on a pack of soy soyce.  Cry
NEIKOS
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 05:59:44 PM »

I wouldn't need to suit up!  Undecided
Doctor Woodrow
They took away my avatar so here are some chicks with guns, at least the mods can't take away my

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 08:15:56 PM »

I'm supposed to get off work at 8pm so I plan on swinging by on my way home, at least to see the streetfighter. i kinda don't put a lot of stock in photos until I have seen something in real life. Sometimes it is better sometimes it is worse.

The Doc

2005 620 Dark "Zerafina", High mount Termi's, Cyclecat rearsets and clipons. Axio "Repsol" Hardpack backpack. Some of us put the 'Damn' in Crash Damnage.
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 10:15:50 PM »

Not sure if I'm goin' yet... I'd really like to go, but my family is picking up my bro from the airport just after 8pm.  He's flying in for the weekend.

Dunno... I'll see Tom this weekend, so right now I'm leaning toward checkin' out the new Streetfighter.

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
scott_araujo

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 06:39:40 AM »

I'd like to go but I hate the crowd, all those people, I....  Oh wait, that's you guys.

I may be there, gotta see what's on the social calendar.

Scott
scott_araujo

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 09:55:10 AM »

Nice bike.  A little busy but does look better in person than in pictures.  Sounded wicked.  Full 1098 engine, no detuning.  The only differences are the vacuum cast block, the engine is 6# lighter largely because of that, some styling pieces, and a different airbox.  The airbox is smaller so top HP is down to 155 from 160 on the 1098. 

I saw John & Ryan there.  I caught a glimpse of Dan as we were driving away.

Scott
duc_fan

Designated right-wing religious kook.

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 05:26:10 PM »

Yeah, turned out my bro's plane was runnin' late, so I showed up and checked out the new bike.

Pics were kinda so-so, but...

Dang!   Shocked

Doesn't hurt that it fits my lanky frame better than preceding Monsters.  In person, it looks totally wicked.  With that short Termi system, it sounded incredible. Evil  I'd buy one if I was in the market for a nekkid streetbike.  Right now though, I need to figure out where I'm going to live in relation to work, and what sort of dirt/adventure bike is best suited to the commute.  Aaaaaand.... I still need a Fuglystrada.

"Science without religion is lame; religion without science is blind." -- Albert Einstein

"I want a peaceful soul. I need a bigger gun." -- Charlie Crews on Life

Street: 2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Track: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR - Salvage project
Sold: 2001 Ducati SS900ie - Gone, but not forgotten...
ryandalling

Trade you my milk for your Ducati...

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 09:02:11 PM »

I fellin love with the fuglystrada after riding it...

Hey... did any body notice a serious lack of sumo suits?Huh?

Confused rider who doesn't know what he is even riding at the moment. (2012 URAL GearUp, 2012 Ninja 250 Racer, 1969 CB175 Racer)
scott_araujo

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 05:14:54 AM »

Yeah.   Thought that might have been since I left early.  Good event regardless.

Scott
desmosome

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 10:38:03 AM »

i missed the sumo suit also...

but the event was fun w/o it
Doctor Woodrow
They took away my avatar so here are some chicks with guns, at least the mods can't take away my

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 05:12:54 PM »

I was there for a while, saw JohnnyDucati and Ryan Dalling and his wife. I don't really recognize anybody else much because I haven't seen many of you in person. I swung by Maurice and Cierra's place to see them and the baby on my way home.

The Streetfighter looks great, I couldn't find much that I would want change on it. I did notice though that they chose to take the mirrors off befor ethey unveiled it, verybody knows those things look like crap. Why don't they just come witout mirrors, and then you just chose something you like when you buy it?

The Doc

2005 620 Dark "Zerafina", High mount Termi's, Cyclecat rearsets and clipons. Axio "Repsol" Hardpack backpack. Some of us put the 'Damn' in Crash Damnage.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: