Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 04:27:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RA?  (Read 2839 times)
vwboomer

RA?
« on: May 22, 2009, 09:04:41 PM »

Anyone going to the superbike races? I haven't gone in a couple years since the outcome is really predetermined, but I'm thinkin. I might also go to the vintage races as I did last year. That was actually nice. Almost more racers than spectators and some pretty cool machinery including the latest KTM's and a 1098 or two

2005 S4R - Sato, PM, CC, Sargeant
2005 GasGas FSE450
2004 Honda VFR
WarrenJ

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 02:33:15 PM »

I'm hoping to go to the Superbike on Saturday, just to see the sights.  I went to the vintage bike last year.  It was pretty interesting.  My friend from PA always comes out about that time with his Norton Commando so its fun to buzz down for that.  Maybe we'll see you there.

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
vwboomer

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 08:13:49 PM »

Well if you see either a red S4R or a GasGas FSE450 - that might be me! Of course it might be someone else.

2005 GasGas FSE450
2004 Honda VFR
Bellagio
Leo Vince pipes give me a

Live Fast, Die Young, Leave a Beautiful Corpse

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 06:46:31 AM »

So... my summer has been cu short.  Just took a sales position at (gulp) House Of Harley on 62nd & Layton.  Don't think I'll be able to do many rides/shows now since I'll be working 6 days a week in the summer.  Well if anyone wants to check some harleys out, come see me!

May your head gasket develop premature failure, your carb get gummed up, and your side stand fall short.
That Nice Guy Beck!

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 05:50:04 AM »

So... my summer has been cu short.  Just took a sales position at (gulp) House Of Harley on 62nd & Layton.  Don't think I'll be able to do many rides/shows now since I'll be working 6 days a week in the summer.  Well if anyone wants to check some harleys out, come see me!
you took it huh?
nice good luck, get me some cards i'lll push my customers your way
gregrnel

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 06:01:25 AM »

Tough economy, just ride your Duc there every chance you can. Even on a Duc you get tude from HD riders, probably even on a Buell......

2003 620ie red, cored stock pipes, Hit -Air jacket, nice deriere.
vwboomer

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 09:35:30 PM »

Well I went today despite having no one to go with and impending rain! Hooked up with an ADV rider and watched the races.

I can honestly say that I don't think I'll attend another superbike weekend. $80 for 3 races today, 3 tomorrow. 13 laps. 3 or 4 warmup laps for each race today (due to rain?). I remember back when there were a bunch of support races, not bands playing and cagefighting.
Tomorrow's schedule? 3 races starting at 2.

Maybe I'm just getting old. Maybe my dollar is more important to me these days. Maybe I'm sick of standing around for 2 hours between the endurance race and the superbike race. Which isn't even super because you know Mladin is gonna win.

2005 GasGas FSE450
2004 Honda VFR
WarrenJ

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 07:20:23 AM »

Considering going to Road America tomorrow (Saturday) for the Vintage Motorcycle Races.  Anyone else going to be there?
I'll be on a '00  750 Monster with a Yellow Norton Commando.

Ducatiloo

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 07:55:19 AM »

Well I went today despite having no one to go with and impending rain! Hooked up with an ADV rider and watched the races.

I can honestly say that I don't think I'll attend another superbike weekend. $80 for 3 races today, 3 tomorrow. 13 laps. 3 or 4 warmup laps for each race today (due to rain?). I remember back when there were a bunch of support races, not bands playing and cagefighting.
Tomorrow's schedule? 3 races starting at 2.

Maybe I'm just getting old. Maybe my dollar is more important to me these days. Maybe I'm sick of standing around for 2 hours between the endurance race and the superbike race. Which isn't even super because you know Mladin is gonna win.

That is my issue as well.  I don't think I get very much per a dollar with the Superbike race at RA.  I would rather wait and drive to Indy for the GP.

750 SS 01    800 S2R 05  Aprilia RST 1000 futura
WarrenJ

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 06:03:57 AM »

Went to the vintage motorcycle races yesterday.  It was not well attended - about like last year.  Had the opportunity to take the monster for 3 laps around the track - interesting experience with about 75 other riders - everything from Honda 90's on up.  Still a little spendy to get in for what was going on there. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 06:27:16 AM by WarrenJ » Logged

vwboomer

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 06:47:12 AM »

I did the track ride a bunch of years back when it was free. That was much better. I dunno what they charge now, but I'm astounded that they let people out there in shorts and without helmets.

2005 GasGas FSE450
2004 Honda VFR
Ducatiloo

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 06:45:01 PM »

WarrenJ what did it cost this year to do the laps?

750 SS 01    800 S2R 05  Aprilia RST 1000 futura
WarrenJ

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 07:26:36 PM »

The laps were free (surprising enough)  The price of entry for the show was $30/head though. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: