Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 03:58:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monster owners in KC area  (Read 12780 times)
Augustus

2007 S2R 1000

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 11:08:37 AM »

I'm game for a monster get together.  I'm getting my bike fixed at Letko Thursday June 5th, so make it after that.  I backed my wifes SUV into my bike and need to straighten out the forks and a few other tweaks.
ducati749pilot

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 09:09:32 PM »

A new monster board is gonna be setup for us KC locals. waytogo

M.O.T.H.

Monsters of the Heartland- Kansas City

Loren,

I saw that you posted on the Madog Yahoo message group.  If you haven't been to any Madog events, I highley suggest you check them/us out as the group is very well organized, and you will be overwhelmed with other Monster owners there.   BTW, you have one of the most passionate Ducatisti living by you in Gardner,  Jim Wilde:  http://www.desmodromiclubkc.com/  His wife rides a Monster.

Terblanche Design Supporter
2003 Ducati 749 Biposto and GF has an M620
bmonty72

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 10:03:16 AM »

Hi all.  it's quiet in here....I met Doulos on Saturday at Letko.  I was getting an oil change and he was just out riding.  It was nice meeting you Dean, I believe we have a lot in common.  I know MADOG is having a ride on Wednesday Night.  They are meeting at Frankie D's in KCK.  Here is the posting on the MADOG website..
"This month we’ll meet at Frankie D’s (off of Kansas Ave ), eat some dinner and take a ride. With the economy problems it was mentioned that it is always nice to support the places in the community that supports the motorcycle hobby. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and it will be a nice evening to take a ride, hope to see you there."
I am going to try to make it, but may not be able to. 

I believe Sunday they are meeting in Parkville, MO in the morning and riding to the HOAME Vintage Motorcycle show at the Kansas Speedway. 

If nothing else, I just wanted there to be a new post in this forum.  Thanks Guys, ride safe!!!!!
MuscovyDuc

02' M750I.E. Dark - (pearl white)

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 01:12:15 PM »

If nothing else, I just wanted there to be a new post in this forum.  Thanks Guys, ride safe!!!!!

I was excited to see a new post also!

I'm gonna try to make it to the Wednesday night ride and the vintage motorcycle show also. Hope to see some of you waytogo

Gofaster2

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 08:43:36 PM »

I just picked up a  06 S2R1k last weekend, guess you could say its my own first bike. I am living up in North Kansas City by Liberty.
MuscovyDuc

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 11:59:42 AM »

Welcome, that's awesome. What color?

Gofaster2

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 05:09:04 PM »

Silver and black. I was on 95th street sunday and saw a blue/white S4 and I think a 695. Anyone know who that was? Need to find some fellow Duc riders to ride with.
bmonty72

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 07:16:00 AM »

There was a blue and white S4R at Mario's BBQ at Wydotte County Lake.  It had Sil Moto mufflers and sounded very nice.  I just got a Leo Vince aluminum muffler on my S2R 800.  I'll post pics later today...

Next up....install the Orange wheel stripes....
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 12:00:36 PM by bmonty72 » Logged
doulos

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 10:47:31 AM »

Nice looking Leo can on the Monster.   applause
How does it sound?
I'm saving my pennies for the Spark cans.
I missed Mario's BBQ again.  Sad  This year I was in Chicago, maybe next year.
MuscovyDuc

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2008, 05:21:41 PM »

There was a blue and white S4R at Mario's BBQ at Wydotte County Lake.  It had Sil Moto mufflers and sounded very nice.  I just got a Leo Vince aluminum muffler on my S2R 800.  I'll post pics later today...

Next up....install the Orange wheel stripes....

That looks great! Shocked The wheel stripes are gonna look great too!

Bmonty72 and Doulos (and anybody else) do you guys want to go for a ride before I get rid of my bike? I'd like to see a few monsters together before mines gone. Any time next week after 5 and all day sat. is good for me, just let me know.

Muscovyduc (Loren)

bmonty72

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2008, 05:59:17 PM »

I would love to...except I dropped my bike on I-635 on Monday Morning....I figured that I had ridden the bike enough so it was the bikes turn to ride me!!!! Shocked

Anyway, long story short, I have a sprained ankle (could have been MUCH worse), and the bike has some fairly minor damage but needs fixing!!!!  It's at Letko and I hope to get an estimate early next week.  It really bums me out we had such crap weather for soo long and then it gets soooo nice this week but I dumped my bike...Oh Well, I need to look at the positives, I am in good shape considering and The bike may get some upgrades as opposed to OEM replacements....Have a good ride!!!!!!  I hope you can find a way to keep your Duc, because you have definately made it yours!!!! waytogo
doulos

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2008, 05:13:15 PM »

bmonty:
What?    Shocked Shocked     I'm sorry to hear about your accident on Monday  Sad
However I am very glad to hear that you are OK other than the ankle.  Did your gear save your  bacon?
How will this affect your duties on the department?  I am so glad you are alright.

MD:
As of right now, Thurs. night is open, but I'll know more as I get closer to Thurs.  I'll keep you posted.
Good to see you (briefly) the other day at the light.  I'm glad your wife is better also.

Stay safe out there.
doulos
bmonty72

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2008, 07:09:16 AM »

I would have to say yes!!!  My gear most difinately saved my  bacon!!!  The jacket took a lot of scuffs but can probably still be worn as a badge of courage, or just a stark reminder to stay aware out there.  My pants will probably need to be replaced they were mesh and some of the mesh material has torn away from the cordura material.  Thank GOD it was a chilly morning or I may not have been wearing the overpants. 

I hope to back to work by wednesday...I will need to take a "back to work" physical to ensure that I am able to perform what duties I may need to before I can go back...  I hope to hear by tuesday about how much damage was really done to the bike....

All I can say is that GOD smiled on me on monday morning or things could have been much worse!!!  I am getting better, and the bike can be repaired!!!!!!

I am probably done riding for this season though!!! Cry
MuscovyDuc

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2008, 11:33:26 AM »

WOW Shocked, I am very glad to hear you're ok. I'm sorry about your bike too, but bikes can be fixed. Other than you what damage did your bike take? How did it happen? Did your new exhaust get damaged?

Once again very glad you are ok!

Muscovyduc (Loren)

bmonty72

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2008, 07:22:35 PM »

I was on I-635 near I-35.  I was in the left lane.  I decided to change to center lane to get around the slower traffic in the left lane.  I saw the blue dodge pick-up in the center lane ahead, but no brake lights or turn signal.  I changed lanes to the center lane, still no brake lights or turn signals on the truck.  I looked left and right to make sure that no one was going to cut me off.  When I looked at that blue Dodge pick-up again I was right up on it!!!  STILL no brake lights or turn signal!!!!  I hit the brakes HARD!!!! Slowed down a lot, but finally the rear tire locked up and started to skid....She says she felt me make contact and that must be what knocked the bike over onto it's left side.  I never left the bike, but it rode me for maybe 15 or 20 feet.  It seemed like a lot of time to try to remember how many cars were behind you and how far back they were!!!!!  Anyway, Long story short, I sprained an ankle....I hope to get an estimate on the bike from Mario at Letko by Wednesday....It looked mostly cosmetic....Bar ends, levers, mirrors, signals, a small mark on the tank where the handlebars hit it.  The worst things seemed to be the side=stand and I did scrape the left engine case, may be able to remove, repair and powdercoat that?Huh?  All in all, I feel very Lucky!!!!  I hope to repair the bike over the winter and be ready for next season.... chug
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: