Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 11:28:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tire ratings  (Read 215330 times)
TCK!
I'm A Hot Chick

Oh really?

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 06:11:50 PM »

So instead of continuing the old thread we just started a new one and then made it a sticky?

http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=703.msg120780#new
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 07:05:40 PM »

I think the 2CT is only for the Pilot Powers, the Pilot Roads are just 2, both dual compound. Cycle Gear has the 160 for $177.99 and I think they charge $20 to mount, so right at 2 C-notes but you  have to dismount the wheel and bring it in. Plus if you are military they give a 10% discount.

i can chime in here...

i have pilot road 2CT tires on my s2r1k right now. they do in fact say 2CT on 'em waytogo

as far as the tires go, I am very happy with them. had them on the bike for 2500 miles so far, and are holding up extremely well. they replaced a set of Pilot Powers, which i loved, but which i did not get enough mileage out of for my tastes. most of my riding does not allow for even tread wear, and i went  through 2 rear powers where the tires flattened out long before i used up the sides.

i can "just barely" tell that the road 2CT are not as sticky overall as the powers were, but i have been VERY happy with them in wet conditions.

I can definitely see myself sticking with these tires in the future [moto]

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
red baron

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2008, 06:25:16 PM »

i can chime in here...

i have pilot road 2CT tires on my s2r1k right now. they do in fact say 2CT on 'em waytogo

as far as the tires go, I am very happy with them. had them on the bike for 2500 miles so far, and are holding up extremely well. they replaced a set of Pilot Powers, which i loved, but which i did not get enough mileage out of for my tastes. most of my riding does not allow for even tread wear, and i went  through 2 rear powers where the tires flattened out long before i used up the sides.

i can "just barely" tell that the road 2CT are not as sticky overall as the powers were, but i have been VERY happy with them in wet conditions.

I can definitely see myself sticking with these tires in the future [moto]

Excellent news, as soon as I bolt on another PP, my PP front should be done and I'll get the road 2's. waytogo

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2008, 05:00:15 AM »

After getting 6500 miles out of the stock Pirelli Phantom rear that came on my Sport 1000 I just had a Continental Road Attack rear put on. After only putting a couple of hundred miles on it I'm really liking the feel. Very confident and "stuck," even in the wet.

Even though the front Phantom still has plenty of tread left, its started to cup really badly and will be getting replaced with a Conti as soon as I can order one.

I'll keep you posted on how they wear.

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2008, 06:04:37 PM »

I got a set of Shinkos for my 600ss and I can say they've done remarkably considering the price. They handle at least as well as the Pilot Powers I had on the 900ss.

for under 200 for a set, they are nice. I would prefer the 2ct's but these are very nice.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Moronic

07 S4Rs

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2008, 05:43:17 AM »

Had Bridgestone BT021s fitted before I picked up the bike from new (S4Rs). Didn't want to waste the sportier stock Michelin rubber on running in. Grip was fine from the Bridgestones but the steering never really excited me.

Got 13,000km out of the set, by which time rear very squared off and front very worn also.

Replaced with the OEM Michelin Pilot Powers. Could barely believe the improvement in steering over memories of the Bridgies when new. Largely from the steeper profile, I imagine, as others have noted. Grip better as well, of course.

On the Bridgestones, was always thinking about raising rear ride height. On the Powers, might get around to that but steering now is really delightful stock. Steady and precise and oh so neutral. Heaps of feel from the front. She's a different bike and so much better.

I can't recommend those Bridgestones for the S4RT/s, unless the wear rate has great appeal. Might be nice on something much bigger and heavier.

Greg

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2009, 08:20:28 AM »

On November 1st put a set of the new Bridgestone BT-016's on my S2R-1000. I must say these tires absolutely rock as far as grip goes and inspire a ton of confidence in the corners, and I actually have to be careful not to push too hard as my chicken strips have disappeared. The bad part is that the back tire is pretty much shot after only 2,500 miles of riding but since they are cheaper then the PP 2CT's and the front is still good I will put another BT-016 on the back and then replace the set in another 2,500 miles.

After that I'm considering going with the Michelin Pilot ROAD 2CT on the back and a Pilot POWER on the front.

If you want the confidence to see what your bike can do then I highly recommend the BT-016's, just be aware they will not last long.

2012 M1100 Evo with Termis
causeofkaos

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2009, 07:31:03 AM »

BT016 came stock on the M1100. The confidence these tires induce is down right amassing, that said i got 1700 miles out of the set. very spirited riding on the twisties with maybe 100 miles of freeway. Front tire got very pointy like the bottom of a diamond, causing the the bike to fall into turns very quick ( if there is a technical term for that i couldnt think of it ) and the rear tire surprisingly wore in the center, im sure the tires have some life yet but punctured the rear at the end of last ride so replacing both.
in conclusion Grip was amassing, more than i expected tire life SUCKED, far less than i hoped.

Favorite convo i read on this board
"PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN"
"F**K U IT HAPPENED"

Suzuki Blvd M109R " Sliver " = assassinated by cager
PW 696 " Pearl " = traded in
M1100 " Loki " = Viking God of mischief ( Goddess in this case )
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty pristine body, but rather to come in sliding sideways all used up screaming F*CK YEAH WHAT A RDIE!!
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2009, 07:52:40 AM »

BT016 came stock on the M1100. The confidence these tires induce is down right amassing,

what does "down right amassing" mean?  is that good or bad?

Huh?
a⋅mass
  /əˈmæs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uh-mas] Show IPA
–verb (used with object)
1.    to gather for oneself; collect as one's own: to amass a huge amount of money.
2.    to collect into a mass or pile; gather: He amassed his papers for his memoirs.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
causeofkaos

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2009, 06:57:02 AM »

what does "down right amassing" mean?  is that good or bad?

Huh?
a⋅mass
  /əˈmæs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uh-mas] Show IPA
–verb (used with object)
1.    to gather for oneself; collect as one's own: to amass a huge amount of money.
2.    to collect into a mass or pile; gather: He amassed his papers for his memoirs.

HA HA HA wow your a douchebag  Grin ( i hope i spelled that right )
after running the spellcheck it gave me a suggestion for the misspell i didnt double check it.
pretty funny though good post waytogo I still think u r a douche  Grin

"F**K U IT HAPPENED"

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty pristine body, but rather to come in sliding sideways all used up screaming F*CK YEAH WHAT A RDIE!!
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2009, 04:44:16 PM »

HA HA HA wow your a douchebag  Grin ( i hope i spelled that right )
after running the spellcheck it gave me a suggestion for the misspell i didnt double check it.
pretty funny though good post waytogo I still think u r a douche  Grin

first off, i really have no idea what you meant in the original post -- "amassing" is not a word in that context.  my post was a serious question.

second, i didn't call you a make the beast with two backsing moron for not being able to speak english properly, why are you launching into me?  my post was polite.

herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2009, 05:41:14 PM »

chill both of you...

he meant amazing.

lets talk about tires

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
Greg

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2009, 08:18:05 AM »

BT016 came stock on the M1100. The confidence these tires induce is down right amassing, that said i got 1700 miles out of the set. very spirited riding on the twisties with maybe 100 miles of freeway. Front tire got very pointy like the bottom of a diamond, causing the the bike to fall into turns very quick ( if there is a technical term for that i couldnt think of it ) and the rear tire surprisingly wore in the center, im sure the tires have some life yet but punctured the rear at the end of last ride so replacing both.
in conclusion Grip was amassing, more than i expected tire life SUCKED, far less than i hoped.

I believe the OEM BT016 are single compound and are not the triple/double compound of the aftermarket tire, so if you liked the originals then you should like the next set even more.

2012 M1100 Evo with Termis
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2009, 09:32:37 AM »

chill both of you...

he meant amazing.

lets talk about tires

it's all good, he pm'ed me and explained he was trying to be funny and it did not come across well

causeofkaos

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2009, 07:22:09 AM »

I believe the OEM BT016 are single compound and are not the triple/double compound of the aftermarket tire, so if you liked the originals then you should like the next set even more.

the stock BT016 were definatelty multy compound when looking at the tire it was easy to see the where one compound ended and another started.

Dictionary boy  laughingdp laughingdp man i love that  waytogo

cycle gear special last weekend got the pirelli diablo's i thought for the price cant go wrong but we will see.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 07:23:50 AM by causeofkaos » Logged

"F**K U IT HAPPENED"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: