Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 30, 2024, 09:16:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remapped the PCIII  (Read 840 times)
brimo

酒後吐真言

« on: June 01, 2009, 01:14:48 PM »

Finally got round to getting the PCIII remapped, was running a canned map for ages, according to the graphs too lean down low and too rich up top, they found an extra few horses and a couple of extra foot-pound of torque, the main thing is though in the traffic, on and off throttle response is much smoother.

"The make the beast with two backsin monkey started it..."

From a story by RAT900
http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=54722.msg1015917#msg1015917
Six95

07 695

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 04:32:08 PM »

Now that you have remapped - was the old map that much different to performance?
and when you were running the old map - was there ever that question of "this is not right"?

The sound of Ducati - A symphony of internal combustion
brimo

酒後吐真言

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 06:28:06 PM »

Now that you have remapped - was the old map that much different to performance?
and when you were running the old map - was there ever that question of "this is not right"?

The map I loaded originally was one from the Power commander site for an open airbox and stock exhaust, mine has open airbox and cored mufflers.
I noticed a big difference from stock with this setup, but from checking the plug and from the popping on overrun, I figured it was still running too lean.
I have only had a short run on it since the remap but have noticed it seems to run a bit smoother down low, and rolling on and off throttle in traffic is smoother.
Can't say I've noticed any increase in power, but it's only gone up from 74 to 77 and likewise only a couple of foot-pound torque.

"The make the beast with two backsin monkey started it..."

From a story by RAT900
http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=54722.msg1015917#msg1015917
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: